Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Thanks, Hunts! We needed some levity and humor on this thread!

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by test1328
Thanks, Hunts! We needed some levity and humor on this thread!

Who is that guy, Hunts Hall?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by smokepole
There's that entitlement attitude again. As an individual, I don't expect to get my way with these things. Government doesn't work that way at any level.

What a dimwit! The federal lands are properties for all of us not just a bunch of closed door lefties. And why do you think Colorado is above scrutiny? Do you think they have something to hide?

LOL, I already acknowledged that federal lands are open to all, maybe you should go back and see for yourself. But the animals on the federal lands are "owned" by the people of Colorado, same as any other state.

And all the whining in the world won't change that.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Yipes. I must be the only person capable of making due with what's presented. Don't like the current trends in Colorado,so I'm coming out of the system. I have 3 elk points left. Ill burn them and move on. Lots of places to spend money. It's not just what the CPW is doing. It's the whole hippie pot smoking horse chit nonsense that's going on. We would hit a particular watering hole in Gunnison. We use to drink with wranglers,hunters,ranchers. This year,we had a tough time getting a beer. Then they offered that we could,if we wanted,join in trivia night. [bleep] that. Not going to war over it. Don't like what they have done to one of my favorite western towns. So I'm off to other pastures. Simple.

Last edited by Otter6; 01/17/19.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That sounds like a scene out of Blazing Saddles.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

So you think vague population survey's done by air is all the game management Colorado should have to do?

I tell you what rickt, I think I have a solution for your problem. It may sound far-fetched to you, even radical, but here it is:

If you don't like the job CP&W is doing, or you don't like the product they're selling, do what millions of people in similar situations do every day---don't buy it.

If enough people feel the same way and don't buy the product, CP&W will lose revenue and be forced to lower their prices and/or offer up a better product.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by 30338
That sounds like a scene out of Blazing Saddles.

Ill tell you how bad its gotten. Rest rooms carry no designations. Yep. We looked pretty silly I bet. There were fall decorations hanging on the doors at the one diner. I went looking for the means room. So,there I am. Looking under all the corn and pumpkins for the little fella on the door. Weren't any. Its like the whole damn place has gone off its rocker. Its no place for a country boy. Same sex, no sex, bi sex, tri sex. Too complicated for me. My sister is a flaming liberal. We don't visit. Be a summitch if I'm going to drive 30 hrs to be surrounded by them.

Last edited by Otter6; 01/17/19.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

So you think vague population survey's done by air is all the game management Colorado should have to do?

I tell you what rickt, I think I have a solution for your problem. It may sound far-fetched to you, even radical, but here it is:

If you don't like the job CP&W is doing, or you don't like the product they're selling, do what millions of people in similar situations do every day---don't buy it.

If enough people feel the same way and don't buy the product, CP&W will lose revenue and be forced to lower their prices and/or offer up a better product.

The job they are doing? I asked you the emperor of Co. to point out some real game management practices CPW is involved in. So far nothing.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You've got it backward rick. I'm not the one trying to prove something here, you are. I don't have time to spoon feed you information on stuff that's available to anyone with an internet connection, I already told you where to start so quit your whining and do it.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
CPW was bound to run short of cash at some point. Even with some management and administrative efficiencies, taking on funding of parks was predictably going to fall on the user group willing to pay more. See how many would pay $660 for a park license. Inflation and higher employee benefit costs aren’t going to stop anytime soon. So like the old Australian foreplay joke, “Brace yourself, Grace”.

I don’t pretend to know how well CPW manages big game other than to say there are usually adequate licenses and tasty critters where we hunt. I’m more pissed at Mr. Gore and his global warming bs than anything else...

Happy Trails, y’all

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
More money.

D
DW7 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
A couple things. Even if you're only applying for points you must purchase a small game license and habitat stamp. There is an opt out option of the pp fee for the big 3. Colorado already makes more in license fees than any 2 western states combined, liable to make it 3 after this increase. I've figured it out and as a resident I'll be paying an extra $286 this year if I do things exactly as I did them last fall. CP&W doesn't have a revenue problem, they have a spending problem. If you dont think this sux and is just wrong, you're just a sheep.

Last edited by DW7; 01/27/19.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
CP&W doesn't have a revenue problem, they have a spending problem. If you dont think this sux and is just wrong, you're just a sheep.

This!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by DW7
CP&W doesn't have a revenue problem, they have a spending problem. If you dont think this sux and is just wrong, you're just a sheep.

Their fees are right in line with other western states. What sucks is the number of licenses they sell.

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
What sucks is the number of licenses they sell.

I'll sure agree with that,but they won't curtail those sales.

It's going to be interesting as to what will come out of these meetings that CPW is currently having concerning the next 5 year big game structure. They are asking for public input, but my bet is they already have it made up and it will reflect these latest fee increases

Last edited by saddlesore; 01/27/19.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
D
DW7 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by DW7

Their fees are right in line with other western states. What sucks is the number of licenses they sell.

Agree smokepole. When they switched my unit to either sex elk it got overrun. I told my buddy in order for us to change that we needed to make this place look like the buffalo prairies of the 1800's and knock the elk back till it got to hard to kill an elk and run these guys off. I've been killin 2 elk a year (all I'm allowed) ever since. There are fewer elk, they've eliminated either sex and hunter #'s have gone down some but not enough yet. I'll keep killin as many as I can get tags for in hopes of weedin out more guys. Meanwhile I still gotta deal with morons "scouting" the day before season, flagging tape everywhere that I fill my pockets with, shooting their new ar the day before season, and loading up their trash on my way out. I figure I need to do this for 10 more years to see a noticeable decline.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by DW7
Originally Posted by DW7

Agree smokepole. When they switched my unit to either sex elk it got overrun. I told my buddy in order for us to change that we needed to make this place look like the buffalo prairies of the 1800's and knock the elk back till it got to hard to kill an elk and run these guys off. I've been killin 2 elk a year (all I'm allowed) ever since. There are fewer elk, they've eliminated either sex and hunter #'s have gone down some but not enough yet. I'll keep killin as many as I can get tags for in hopes of weedin out more guys. Meanwhile I still gotta deal with morons "scouting" the day before season, flagging tape everywhere that I fill my pockets with, shooting their new ar the day before season, and loading up their trash on my way out. I figure I need to do this for 10 more years to see a noticeable decline.

Wow I don't know how you could have painted yourself more of an Ahole!

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Yep,everyone wants to run every one else out of the woods.It's OK for me to be there,but no none else mentality.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Only problem is that they won't lower prices or improve the product. They will raise prices and fees and hunting will become a rich man's sport/hobby and it will be one step closer to ending as we know it. Once it stops providing revenue to pay for something the libs want it will be done. CO has already went over the edge in politics since this past election and the last thing they'll worry about is if hunters and sportsmen are getting a fair shake. Thank goodness I'm getting to the age where it soon won't matter to me because I won't be able to do it anymore. I don't have children so I don't have to worry what happens after me.

An armed member in a country is a citizen, an unarmed member is a subject.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Simple solution for those that don’t want to pay the fees or don’t have the money or just like to complain. Is to take all the money you would spend on licenses,gas,supplies,meals,outfitters,packers,meat processing,taxidermy and other things in the state of Colorado and buy your local beef and/or pork from a nearby farmer(s). In your own state. Fill your freezer with guaranteed success. You will have plenty more money left over to fill another freezer with chicken, sausage and burger.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (35, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 13 invisible), 1,358 guests, and 817 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,252
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.