-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Facts and Physics ain't subjective...to the chagrin of Window Lickers everywhere.

Hint...........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by taylorce1
I vote do both, you won't know what you like unless you try them. My first .358 was a Savage 99, my first .338-06 was a 03A3. I sold the .358 as the 99 didn't grow on me like i hoped it would, but I have a .358 Win barrel for a Savage when I get around to it again. I traded the .338-06 for some cool custom knivess, but i still have one built on a M70 classic. I've also had a couple Whelen rifles along the way, it's all about the adventure IMO, you can't have that adventure uless you try.

Remind me never to go drinking with you

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain
It’s winter and I’m looking for a project. I’m considering a couple.

1. Rem 700 Mountain rifle I picked up here in 30-06. Price was great and it turns out it shoots and fits me well. Already have another 30-06 so that niche has been filled and was considering having the mountain rifle rebored to 338-06, little more oomph. For future elk hunts and the occasional bear(Black not brown). JES would do the work.

2. Bergera woodsman in 308, again rebored by JES , to 358 win. Rifle is great, always felt a little chunky so not what I would grab for a long backpack hunt or anything I would take out for long range shooting out west. I used to have a 358 savage 99 but it didn’t fit me and was a punisher to shoot. Would love to have another 358 for a PA deer/bear gun that packs a punch and for something a little different than the norm.

3. Neither, it’s winter and I can’t hunt so I’m looking for something to do. Just go to the gym a few more times a week till spring arrives and I can chase turkey.

What’s your opinion?

1. The mountain rifle - That is a real thin barrel, I have a couple in 280 rem, not much metal left after that barrel contour. Kick would be like shooting heavy 30-06 loads.

2. The Bergera - I would go ahead and do that to either a .358 or a .338 FED. I have both The .358 (rebore M99) is really flexible, most .35 cal bullets work well for it. The .338 Fed (rug hawkeye) works well with lighter bullets 180 and 200 bullets mainly, and does have better ballistics past 300 yards.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Soooooo..... back to the question.

I have a Winchester Featherweight in 35 Whelen which was rebored from a 270 and it is a great rifle. But the Winchester Featherweights fit me to a "T". I have a 06 and a 223 also in Featherweights.
You can't go wrong with the non-magnums, 358 W, 338-06, or 35 Whelen. All good solid cartridges.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Soooooo..... back to the question.

And I must say you are very patient.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It is simply fhuqking AMAZING,how reliably Clueless you Window Lickers are.

Hint.

Wow +P++!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Big Stick
It is simply fhuqking AMAZING,how reliably Clueless you Window Lickers are.

Hint.

Wow +P++!..............

You haven't gone in for the facial tic yet I see. You should seek help.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I enjoy your dumbfhuqktitude...more than you could ever know. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
'12,

At least now you can say you've "seen" said chamberings and boolits...you "lucky" kchunt. hint. Congratulations?!?

That'll make for a VERY Big Day,for someone with your "means","abilities" and "comprehension"! Hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!

Ooooopsie!..............

[Linked Image]

Wtf would I care whether I've "seen such a chambering" or not. I have next to 0 interest in 22 centerfires. They are purely utilitarian to me. Nothing more nothing less.

You continue to failed to see and understand that your life is so pathetic and useless that you have nothing without this forum. Nothing.

Your entire existence is a waste. You failed at raising a family, you failed at being a dad. You're likely a failure at your job too. So you compesate for your miserable existance by trying to pass yourself off as some gun guru on an internet forum because you've got nothing in real life.
Save the same incoherent responses and dumb pictures.

Congrats..on en utterly pathetic existence.....don't drive to that bottle bottom too fast today.. you're rants of stltupor are just beginning to get comical

Gitem

That is out of line! If you can't stand Larry hit the ignore button, bringing the fire down to that level is unacceptable!

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
'12,

At least now you can say you've "seen" said chamberings and boolits...you "lucky" kchunt. hint. Congratulations?!?

That'll make for a VERY Big Day,for someone with your "means","abilities" and "comprehension"! Hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!

Ooooopsie!..............

[Linked Image]

Wtf would I care whether I've "seen such a chambering" or not. I have next to 0 interest in 22 centerfires. They are purely utilitarian to me. Nothing more nothing less.

You continue to failed to see and understand that your life is so pathetic and useless that you have nothing without this forum. Nothing.

Your entire existence is a waste. You failed at raising a family, you failed at being a dad. You're likely a failure at your job too. So you compesate for your miserable existance by trying to pass yourself off as some gun guru on an internet forum because you've got nothing in real life.

Congrats..on en utterly pathetic existence.....don't drive to that bottle bottom too fast today.. you're rants of stltupor are just beginning to get comical

Gitem

That is out of line! If you can't stand Larry hit the ignore button, bringing the fire down to that level is unacceptable!

Mike

Blow me.. I haven't even begun to have fun with the gnome king....just wait till we start playing mix and match with suicide scene photos...
And no, none of it was out of line and all of it is likely very true. He's a pathetic narcicist.

Last edited by gitem_12; 02/17/19.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
To get a bit off topic I built a 35 Whelen because I wanted to use the several round nose bullets available on deer, Black Bear and Elk in Washington state. The animals were completely clueless and died well bleeding greatly. I found that the standard cup and core bullets worked splendidly at 2500-2600 fps and it really didn't matter if they were pointed. The choice at the time was between the 338-06 and the 35 Whelen, I chose the latter because at the time most of the .338 bullets were designed for the 338 Win Magnum. I would make the same choice again even though there are many new bullets that work fine at 338 federal velocities. However I might be interested in building a light short actioned 358.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Wow!! Some of these threads get pretty tough to wade thru. Wear me out just trying to read the high lights.

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
'12,

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!

Ooooopsie!..............

[Linked Image]

Gitem

Mike

Blow me.. I haven't even begun to have fun with the gnome king....just wait till we start playing mix and match with suicide scene photos...
And no, none of it was out of line and all of it is likely very true. He's a pathetic narcicist.

You're a real class act! Hope that works out for you.

Wonder if your agency knows you share suicide photos???

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
'12,

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!

Ooooopsie!..............

[Linked Image]

Gitem

Mike

You're a real class act! Hope that works out for you.

Wonder if your agency knows you share suicide photos???

Mike

You know there is a plethora of suicide photos available on Google right?.

Man...I didn't know the gnome king had sommany lined up to suck his khockkk

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I'm not defending Larry, he doesn't need my help, I'm defending the Campfire and the way you and a few others, including Larry are trashing the place up! Especially with personal attacks that you would never, ever say face to face with someone.

The Campfire

NRA Endowment Member

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm not defending Larry, he doesn't need my help, I'm defending the Campfire and the way you and a few others, including Larry are trashing the place up! Especially with personal attacks that you would never, ever say face to face with someone.

The Campfire

If you don't think I wouldn't say those things to someone face...you don't know me

Filters is one thing I wasn't blessed with.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Gitem,
Didn't really realize it till now, but you are a genuine P.O.S.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Gitem,
Didn't really realize it till now, but you are a genuine P.O.S.

I really don't care what you think.

It never fails to amaze me how much ball licking stick gets just because he's has a rough life. And somehow that gets a pass for him to insult everyone that starts a topic.

Last edited by gitem_12; 02/17/19.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Larry started this mess with his nasty attitude and remarks.. Screw him..

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
.338-06 or .338 Fed would be my choice.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,327 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,660
Posts18,455,690
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.