-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

How far is this from Mesa? I will be around the area for awhile...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Also for those of us attending, mostly it's the old hands that started out together, we've kinda went full circle to just us again. We need to discuss moving forward.

Kent

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Question: is there a plan in place to acquire an ample supply of firewood?

Lots of wood around camp, mostly mesquite. We will collect a what we need, Dennis is going early to scout for his javalina hunt.

Kent

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by shrapnel

I'm in Mesa, it's a little over an hour from Power and McDowell, easy drive.

Kent

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Friday dinner will be steaks as usual.

Breakfast will be eggs, meats, B&G

Lunch, hotdogs and chili.

Saturday dinner mexican dishes.

Breakfast will be burros and french toast, meats.

Kent

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
OK, I have been negligent in getting a list of proposed shooting events up this time around. Tentatively, we will have the following:

Prairie dog shoot- one shot with no sighters at 150 yards. Closest to center of dot wins. Any caliber but has to be a sporting rifle.

Open sight rimfire shoot. 5 shots with improvised rest at roughly 30 yards. Smallest group wins. One shot much touch the target dot. Any rimfire caliber but sporting rifles only.

Long range 22 long rifle shoot. 5 shots at 150 yards, smallest group wins. One shot must hit the dot. You can use any rest for this one. Nothing other than 22 long rifle. Sporting rifles only.

I may set some steel up for some other stuff too.

If there is time and desire, we can do a 5 shot group at 150 yards with ANY sporting rifle.

Dennis

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Is anyone besides Dennis planning on getting to camp before thursday? Let me know if you are, I may drop my trailer off early for whoever may need it.

Kent

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
forecast is calling for thursday pm rain, friday rain, saturday partly sunny, highs in the upper 40s, lows lower 30s.

Not our usual 70s and pleasant weather. We've been having decent rain all this fall/winter and after the horrible drought last year I won't cuss rain... we will just put up with it.

Kent

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Question: is there a plan in place to acquire an ample supply of firewood?

Lots of wood around camp, mostly mesquite. We will collect a what we need, Dennis is going early to scout for his javalina hunt.

Kent

Dennis is bringing his chain saw. I may bring one too. We've always been able to locate and gather what was needed for the main campfire.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Jeff and I will be there Weds some time

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B3

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
I'll try to get the trailer up wed afternoon to beat the rain and get setup, then head back home.

Kent

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Breakfast Monday or Tuesday ?

I'll give you all of the details. Dennis runs the shooting events with CCCC (wont be able to attend this year). KRP does the cookin, Mighty tasty and there is always LOTS of food. You won't go away hungry. Darby brings an award winning pot of Red Chili.

Lots of fun, story telling etc. The longer into the night we go, the bigger the lies I mean the stories get.

Jeff

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Big snow storm thursday in northern az, anyone traveling down be careful.

Kent

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
For those that don't have my number... 4802924554... text or call any questions or directions.

Kent

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Update: I regret that will not be attending the Tonto rendezvous.

I got out of the local hospital yesterday after a scary incident at 1 AM. I woke up uncomfortable, mildly sweaty with a belly ache, and went downstairs to tend the fire. A very sudden and severe drop in my blood pressure caused me to pass out on the kitchen floor with excruciating abdominal pain. I came around in maybe 15-20 minutes in a pool of sweat, headed to the bathroom and had major digestive symptoms (TMI?). I thought it was peritonitis, like a ruptured appendix, and headed down the mountain to town.

I was treated promptly in the ER (it might have helped when they recognized my face and have a history of coming through the "ambulance only" entrance with patients on gurneys). I am considerably better now after treatments, but a little apprehensive about what the long-term implications might be. I expect this week to be educational. I was really looking forward to being more recreational and social instead of medical.

Sorry to miss the festivities.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Dadgumit Doc! I hope you are feeling better now!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Get better Jim.

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jim, Take care of yourself. They ain't making' em like you anymore! grin

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jim - I'm sorry to learn that you have been so ill and uncomfortable and, although you will be much missed at Tonto, you certainly are doing the correct thing by taking care of yourself. I hope the diagnosis is easy, the cause uncomplicated, and the healing very quick.
Paul

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rest up and take care of yourself. That's scary and may yet be just another way of Nature's saying "Slow down."

I am so conscious of that axiom that I've practically slowed down to a stop. wink

Hopefully the Quemado/Armijo Springs event will be on us before we know it. Despite a bit of much-needed rain in the past couple of years, the weather on that one has been awfully pleasant.

OTOH, over here we are predicting 4 to 12 inches of snow on Monday and Tuesday even in the lower altitudes.

Norm

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 204guy, 257 roberts, 58 invisible), 2,346 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,640
Posts18,455,339
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.