-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The true benefits of tuning(Fine tuning, Super tuning), will only be reaped by those with a solid enough foundation in form and technique. But everyone has to start somewhere in the sport, always striving for perfection, in the marriage of equipment & archer.

A perfectly flighted arrow isn't necessarily the most accurate, for a variety of reasons...but obviously has advantages when attaching a fixed broadhead to the end of the shaft. The dynamics of arrow, paradox of shooter, and release type/style will all add to the solution. It can be as deep of sport as each chooses, and some just want to "fling" some shafts.

New archers running out buying 5 pin sights, and the lightest shafts the chart dictates to gain the "coveted" speed freak game....are some of the worse additions to new shooters learning curves.

GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I used to work in a major manufacturing facility.
Lots of good paying jobs, lots of archers/hunters.
And when something new would pop up in gear or tuning, a lot of folks had to have it.
Then I'd get the emails of frustration.

I've helped coworkers, associates, customers and total strangers.......some folks cop an attitude about it.
I wanted to beat a person at a shoot, when they were at their best...........not struggling.

Beating a person that is having a rough time is not a win IMHO.
More of mercy killing.

The biggest hurdle in helping somebody is not the technical, it's the macho "know it all" attitude of them (rare)........or their buddy (often).

Nice to bump into somebody a year later and they come up smiling, to shake your hand.........still thank you for helping them do better. smile

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
It's not hard to shoot well.
It is easy to screw up.
People are interesting......can take a minor thing, corrupt the hell out of it and end up way out in left field before they know it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Perfection is a matter of perspective, what some consider good is another's bad day.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Worst string/cable stretch I’ve ever seen was was by a custom string maker renound for his impeccable work.... I’ve been most familiar with Bowtechs the last 15 years. Generally, the factory strings were good for holding a tune for a couple years. At year 5, I would replace the strings and repeat the experience. It didn’t seem to matter whether it was factory or some famous brand..... My bows get hunted hard, rain, snow or shine.... Apparently, I haven’t found the right strings yet.

Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized

String stretch issues are pretty much a thing of the past if you make the switch from the mass produced factory junk to customs. Got target bows that ive set up and tuned with 15k+ shots on them. Cams were marked once initial tune was completed. And they havent budged since. There is alwats the "why" involved with the tuning process i use. And while you are correct most of my customers will never even shoot a bareshaft, my work allows them to be much more consistent and accurate because of the forgiveness of their setup to their form flaws vs a bow that some shop just slapped together and poked a couple holes through paper and told them it was good enough and sent them home.

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 204guy, 257 roberts, 257Bob, 55 invisible), 2,417 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,636
Posts18,455,269
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.