Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Forgot where your at, did you get hit hard by the snow too? We were without power for seven days,generator got a workout!

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Very nice Ken.

LOL
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Looks like a slice of heaven, Ken.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Its kinda nice,but still California. LOL!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Legislation is inching through our legislature to put us on par with CA and NY. Hearings are scheduled for next Monday, known to we Maryland shooters as "Gun Day". Since I work literally across the street from the State House, I shall be there adding my voice to the crowds of protestors we hope to see. I hope to get over there early enough to sign up for my "three minutes of fame"- the time allotted for people off the street to testify for/against pending legislation.

The last time this happened, in 2013, we had over 5000 MD citizens clogging the public spaces around the State House voicing our opposition to the draconian handgun laws we are now saddled with. There's hope to double that number this time. We won't give up the ship, but it's a leaky vessel.

Without boring you, in a nutshell AR's will be banned- no exemptions, no exceptions, period. Destroy them or turn them in by 10/1/2019.* Private sale of any long gun of any type will be forbidden unless done under the auspices of an FFL or the State Police, with background checks and waiting periods, etc. In order to purchase a long gun of any type one will have to possess a "Long gun Qualification License" (LQL), which will be issued by (guess who) the State and entail extensive classroom "training", background investigation, healthy fees, fingerprinting, and final "ok" by the State Police. One long gun per month, per citizen.

Those measures pretty well describe the rigamarole we have to go through to buy a pistol since 2013. Now they want to extend it to long guns too. I'm hearing a lot of talk regarding non-compliance. I guess a lot of us will become felons with the stroke of a pen....

*Since 2013 only H-Bar AR's with a minimum 29.5" OAL are legal to sell here. Not that big of a deal. Mine's a 20" HBAR well over the minimum length. Non-compliant AR's that existed in citizen's hands made before that date were at least grandfathered in. No more if the rat bastids have their way.

Last edited by gnoahhh; 02/18/19.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Six years ago they said "we don't want to come after your duck and deer guns, we just want to make the streets of Baltimore safe again." Well, they lied, and we won't take it lying down.

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Good luck in your fight. Seems like alot of states are going "way Left". I got rid of my AR's after they said they had to be modified with those ridiculous stocks minus the pistol grip.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Wow, I do believe the “Old Line State” has developed a harder ass than the “Golden State.” Best of luck on that one.

Last edited by S99VG; 02/18/19. Reason: Corrected One Line to Old Line - thanks Gary

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lots of luck. If they pass it it's time retire and move out of the peoples republic of maryland.
On a lighter note here is the sign outside the mancave door and signs on each side. My helper said he'd be here tomorrow at nine to start the ceiling. I'd better get a pic of the inside before we start. It's nothing but studs and insulation now.
[Linked Image]
These are a few clues here to some previous lives
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by wyo1895; 02/18/19.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by kenster99
Forgot where your at, did you get hit hard by the snow too? We were without power for seven days,generator got a workout!

I didn’t know you were out here. I’m in Sacramento so no snow but the elevation of the American River is higher than the adjacent community of Natomas. And I’m not far from that. I’ll let you know if the Garden Hwy levee blows out. That could put them about 15-feet under. But that likely won’t happen. You guys must have got dusted good with the snowfall having dropped down to 1000-feet in the Sierra.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
"The Old Line State". Ah, yes. From when the ranks of the Continental Army were crumbling in the face of a British onslaught and George Washington rallied the troops by pointing out that The Maryland Line (infantry battalions from here) was standing fast. We were some of the prized troops who helped win the fight for independence. If they saw what was happening now they would weep.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
As for moving to another state, part of me wants to but my life is here- all of my friends I hold dear, not to mention the job I need to survive on. Social Security and a small pension just doesn't cut it otherwise. Besides, I'm 66 years old and starting over from scratch all over yet again is not appealing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I understand. I got a belly full and California and most of the people there that I came in contact with and so I left. There was an attitude there that I finally refused to abide anymore. The gun thing was just a part of it. I hauled trailers with vintage vehicles for most of my movie jobs. In the PRC if you rearend someone it's your fault no matter what the circumstances. A trip to LA to work on a movie was good for about 4 or 5 people passing me, pulling in just missing my front bumper and stepping on their brakes. They didn't actually slow much they were just harassing the guy who had the audacity to drive a 45' rig on THEIR freeway. I don't miss it even though I knew some good people there.

wyo1895
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
On a lighter note (but still a head smacker), today we had a lab assistant (20 year old sophomore girl) report back from a biology class lab with a question regarding disposal of left over samples. The samples in question are little tiny worms, completely harmless, and so small they can only be viewed under a microscope. When she was told "yeah, we'll either just throw them in the trash or run them and their Petri dishes through the sterilizer" she freaked right the heck out. Literally cried over the fate of the worms, and demanded that we respect their lives. I kid you not. I told her I would safely return them to the environment. As soon as she left I dumped them down the sink and ran some hot water. Some amoeba down in the sewer is having a feast right now.

I hope I don't run into her anytime soon.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Isn’t that called “the circle of life”?

"Klaatu barada nikto"

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Wishing you and the rest of Maryland, the best of Luck in your Fight!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Moved 136 yards of dirt four miles today. Then I went home.

Last edited by Fireball2; 02/19/19.

LOL
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Did you move it into a new apartment?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Did you move it into a new apartment?

I moved it into a new pot field I bet. Potting soil.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
we put up part of the ceiling in the man cave and them we went home.

wyo1895
[email protected]

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 57 invisible), 2,737 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,912
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.