Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only advantage to the Maglula is they are universal as opposed to needing a different Makershot for every magazine. The Makershot is definitely simpler and probably just as easy to use.

Which holster is that?

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Holster is from eBay. ‘Holsters4u’. $11.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
FYI...

Academy has 12rd mags for $40.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Thanks Dave...out of curiosity, I stopped and picked up a 12rd'er Friday at my local Academy. I also picked up two different boxes of HP ammo to see if the pistol had a preference or was picky on feeding. I bought some SIG V-Crown and Speer Gold Dots. Have been playing with Hornady Critical Defense and Critical Duty.

I got a bit free time to shoot it yesterday and saw no real preference from one ammo to the other. Going to stick with Hornady moving forward just out of habit at this point.

The 12rd magazine really surprised me. Don't know why it surprised me...but I was pleasantly surprised by what it provided. It really didn't make the grip any larger, "print-wise," when carrying IWB...and gives me a solid 3 finger hold. The pinky extension mag doesn't quite pull this off with my big hands. For pocket carry, the flush 10rd is still the go-to.

I did have a major problem occur when shooting yesterday...and it was confirmed again tonight. Some might even classify this as a failure since you technically can't use the gun anymore once this happens...

Yesterday when shooting, the wife was doing really well with it. She was making goods hits consistently and much easier than with her LCP...then it happened. She said "I really like this gun." Then again tonight, she said she "Really, REALLY likes this gun....and then asked if she could have it.

I think I just got put in the market for a second P365...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by War_Eagle

I did have a major problem occur when shooting yesterday...and it was confirmed again tonight. Some might even classify this as a failure since you technically can't use the gun anymore once this happens...

What problem ?

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by War_Eagle

What problem ?

I'm guessing you didn't read past that part at all.

OR...

You've never had a woman "claim" one of your favorite guns.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
That is funny Wareagle. That's a $535.00 malfunction where I live.... grin

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Welcome to the fraternity brother!
Let's see;
Ruger SP101 357 2-1/8"
S&W shield 9
S&W 2206
Taurus M85 a nice one
Ruger SR9
All gone to the "I Really like this" monster, and they disappear into "her" range bags.
It's almost bad enough that she'd expect me to ask permission to shoot one of them.

Life don't suck.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I picked up a second 12 round magazine for mine today, makes a difference in how the gun handles as well. So with 12 rounds in my left pocket, and 13 in a very small gun...I recall my first 9mm a browning high power held 13 rounds in the magazine IIRC in a gun about as big as a 1911 commander length again IIRC. Now 13 rounds in a more accurate, easier to shoot, gun that fits into your front pocket. amazing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Osage County Guns has them for $34.99 with free shipping on orders over $100.00.

https://www.osagecountyguns.com/sig-sauer-mag-365-9-12.html

Thanks! Figured he was high on the price. Don’t mind overpaying for one from the Dealer I bought the gun from. He always treats me really well & is a good friend too. Plus I like to think I help the little Mom & Pop stores stay in business so I have a place to hang out and look at new guns too.

I must have read your book at some point..

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Just want to add my opinion on my P365. First off I am a recently retired police officer of 48 years. I put the first 27 years on the job in Detroit Pd. I started in the wheel gun era. We could carry our own S&W or Colt revolver if it was 38 spl or larger and we qualified with it every year, So, I carried a smith 4" model 29 for the first 10 years on the job with Elmer's cast 250 gr SWC with 21.0 grs of 2400. Put about 10,000 rounds thru it and had to have it rebuilt 3 times. Transition to model 57, 41 mag, then a model 25, 45 Colt, then a couple of Colt Pythons, then a S&W 4506 auto 45 acp, ( we were allowed to carry double action S&W semi autos at that time) then in 1990 the Dept went to the Glock 22 and issued me one. I liked and trusted them all and carried them in uniform as well as plainclothes. Put thousands of rounds through them. Off duty in all those years I only carried a 5 or 6 shot snubnose 38 spl with 6 extra rounds in a pouch. (Only used it two times off duty and it worked.) I retired and went to work for 21 more years as a campus police officer at U of M in Ann Arbor. I carried an issued Sig 226 9mm then we went to the Sig 226 in 40 cal. Again I only carried a snub nose for off duty. I was a firearms instructor for 15 years also. I was fortunate to shoot many different handguns and own about 30 of them. But for carry I found the smaller the better if is at least 38 spl or larger. (I believe you are more apt to carry it if is compact and not heavy nor bulky. I also believe and found most off duty shootings are measured in a few feet). The last 6 years I have been carrying a Kahr PM9 with Federal HST. I put around 1200 rounds thru it and found it works perfectly. Last week, I checked out a Sig P365 at the local dealer. I was very impressed with the size (same as my PM9) , the sights, and the great trigger. So when they gave me the retired PO price I bought it. . Today a police buddy and I went out to the gun club range to shoot a couple of rifles (coyote hunt this weekend) and I grabbed a bunch of ammo and my Sig P365. Let me say I was very impressed with it. It was outstanding. We put over 350 rounds thru it without one problem. Very accurate, fits perfect even with my XL hand, fed hard ball, flat nose, Fed HST hp and Speer gold dot without a hitch. Double taps were right next to each other. Mine was made last month in January. So, hopefully I got a good one. And it also fits in my Milt Sparks Summer special IWB holster I carried my Kahr in. My police buddy is looking to get one now and retire his S&W model 60. Sorry to be so long winded. Just my two cents.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Search YouTube for Military Arms Channel and watch all three of his videos on it.

Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Search YouTube for Military Arms Channel and watch all three of his videos on it.

Just for you the new Glig low bore hole perfection.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Sig P365 just retired my Glock 26 for CCW on pavement, and it may replace the 26 off pavement as soon as I can test some Buffalo Bore hard cast against water jugs. I didn't think it would happen, especially considering the compatibility of the 26 with the Glock 19 magazines that I have all over the place. But, in the end, accuracy won out. Besides that, I recently scored a Milt Sparks Criterion for the gun, and it is a more compact and convenient package to carry. BTW, it has 2000 rounds downrange so far, and I anticipate allocating at least 5000 more to it this year.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I put the first 100 rounds through one today and it's a winner. I didn't think I'd be able to shoot that well or fast with such a small grip. 10 rounds on steel from 30 feet can be done pretty quick with it. Got to spend more time with it but unless it has problems I don't think I'm going to have a problem with it.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Even Hickok45 recently admitted that the little Sig has been his daily carry (replacing his Glock 26) for a while now.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
There's a guy over on Sigforum who said his agency just qualed forty P365's (back up guns), minimum of 150 rounds each, and not a single problem.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I have shot the P365. This old guy just can't get past that switch thing they call a trigger.

Will shoot a buddy's new Sig P938 today. I have shot one before. If all goes well, I will be getting one.

At first I was excited to see the P365 come out. I tried to keep an open mind since I do not have a striker gun. I just could not get past that switch thing. It's just not for me.

The P365 is a fine pistol for many.

PS: My muscle memory for single action triggers is sacred. It has served me well. "I always say, come shoot with me at my place."

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have above 1300 on mine now, no problems, I shot some +P+ ammo in it, wow the report from that stuff is very different from this short barreled gun. No problems however, I am shooting slightly bigger groups these days but that may be me.

Last edited by jimmyp; 03/02/19.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Well, I have well over 1500 rounds through my P365 with a variety of ammo no Issues.Rides In my waistband with confidence.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Up to 350 rds with mine. Really like it.

12 rd is a must for bigger hands.

Dave

Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

670 members (12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,627
Posts18,455,165
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.