Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Lear jet AND ketamine?

Who wouldn't want that trip?......

Ace

Amen

Seen what it does to horses. Can't say I've had it given to me I know of.

MAGA
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
We were cruising at 41K feet, made it from Juneau to Seattle in under 2 hours.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow.
Good luck, Hank.

Have Dog

Will Travel

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Drugs to fly?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Drugs to reduce my ankle and stabilize it for transporting.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Speedy recovery hank!

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by FishinHank
We were cruising at 41K feet, made it from Juneau to Seattle in under 2 hours.

Where ya at? Gotta take a inmate to Virginia mason in the am...

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Harborview

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Lear jet AND ketamine?

Who wouldn't want that trip?......

Ace

It's a page out of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Copy . How ya like big city?

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Well I'd rather be out at work honestly, puts a burden on those guys out there.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
For sure, Seattle never sleeps...

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nasty nasty nasty...

I hate being out of control.

Pass me the bottle please.

Get well soon.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I had ketamine one time during a spinal steroid injection. I didn't like it at all. I had a psychedelic out of body type of experience and felt completely out of control. It scared me worse than almost anything ever has, I thought I had died. I had a few crazy scary dreams in the weeks and months after as well. They wanted to give it too me last year while removing a heel spur and reattaching my Achilles. I said no thanks and I think they used propofol and fentanyl instead.

That was ok, I just slept during the 2 hour surgery. Then they sent me home with 20 pain pills and said don't ask for any more. The first month plus was extremely miserable and it hurt bad for 6 months. I have to have the other leg done soon and I'm thinking about using a different surgeon. The guy who did my first one is fine but didn't take my pain serious at all. Did the surgery in his own surgical center which was just a room at his office. Then sent me home 30 min after I woke up. 2 days later I told him how bad it hurt and he said most people don't complain of pain and that I need to toughen up. 6 months later he told me the procedures he did on me were the most painful ones he does and they always hurt for at least 6 months.

The other surgeon said he would have done a nerve block and kept me 3 days in the hospital to make sure my pain was under control. He could believe I went through the last one with 20 pills. They cut my calf in 3 places and lengthened it. Spasms made you want to die. I would have taken ketamine over those. Having your Achilles cut off and screwed back on during a major psoriatic arthritis flare hurts.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 02/21/19.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I had ketamine one time during a spinal steroid injection. I didn't like it at all. I had a psychedelic out of body type of experience and felt completely out of control. It scared me worse than almost anything ever has, I thought I had died. I had a few crazy scary dreams in the weeks and months after as well. They wanted to give it too me last year while removing a heel spur and reattaching my Achilles. I said no thanks and I think they used propofol and fentanyl instead.

That was ok, I just slept during the 2 hour surgery. Then they sent me home with 20 pain pills and said don't ask for any more. The first month plus was extremely miserable and it hurt bad for 6 months. I have to have the other leg done soon and I'm thinking about using a different surgeon. The guy who did my first one is fine but didn't take my pain serious at all. Did the surgery in his own surgical center which was just a room at his office. Then sent me home 30 min after I woke up. 2 days later I told him how bad it hurt and he said most people don't complain of pain and that I need to toughen up. 6 months later he told me the procedures he did on me were the most painful ones he does and they always hurt for at least 6 months.

The other surgeon said he would have done a nerve block and kept me 3 days in the hospital to make sure my pain was under control. He could believe I went through the last one with 20 pills. They cut my calf in 3 places and lengthened it. Spasms made you want to die. I would have taken ketamine over those. Having your Achilles cut off and screwed back on during a major psoriatic arthritis flare hurts.

Bb

The nerve block is something else. My entire lower leg is still 99% completely numb. I bet its saving me a lot of pain though. When that starts wearing off they are going to switch to oxycodone.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
They gave me fentanyl on the jet, I told her just to give me enough to take the edge off. They were really good about it. I think I got about 100 total on the flight and then once I got here they lifted my leg and it slipped out of alignment again. They wacked me with 100 right then and there and put in some local anesthetic before they reduced it, again. They wanted to give me ketamine and I told them no way, so they gave me something else.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

Bb

Hell with that.I'd be calling the other surgeon...

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Damn Hank.

How long ya in town for?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
632 members (257_X_50, 1234, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 257man, 007FJ, 73 invisible), 2,957 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,664
Posts18,399,333
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.