Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by Redneck
Just me, but I'd stay way the hell away from the WSM...

Care to expound?

In a similar rifle, the WSM provides much more felt recoil.. It's also more finicky to get to feed right... I had a customer who was a yuge M70 fan.. Had a bunch, shot 'em all, a LOT.. He bought a M70 in .300 WSM.. Went to his bench, shot once, packed it up and brought it to me and said, (and I quote) " Put a muzzle brake on this sumbish. It's the only rifle I ever shot that knocked my hat off when I pulled the trigger."

'Nuff said right there..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Care to expound?

In a similar rifle, the WSM provides much more felt recoil.. It's also more finicky to get to feed right... I had a customer who was a yuge M70 fan.. Had a bunch, shot 'em all, a LOT.. He bought a M70 in .300 WSM.. Went to his bench, shot once, packed it up and brought it to me and said, (and I quote) " Put a muzzle brake on this sumbish. It's the only rifle I ever shot that knocked my hat off when I pulled the trigger."

'Nuff said right there..

Oh my!

That was wayyyyyyyyyy fhuqking funnier than expected and I had your Cluelessness pegged at a full fhuqking 100%. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
It goes against physics for the 300wsm to kick more, at all, than the 300 win mag in the same rifle, using similar loads.
It uses less powder and has a lower MV. We've got a model 70 sporter in 300wsm and the recoil has never been a problem.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JackVliet
It goes against physics for the 300wsm to kick more, at all, than the 300 win mag in the same rifle, using similar loads.
It uses less powder and has a lower MV. We've got a model 70 sporter in 300wsm and the recoil has never been a problem.

Ummmmmmm...NO fhuqking schit?!?(grin)

Bless her heart for TRYING though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V

Care to expound?

'Nuff said right there..

Lmao!.......Hb

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
EPIC fhuqking humor +P+!

If only because you KNOW,she was doing her best...............(grin)

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I like the 300wsm better than the 300 win mag. Recoil is slightly less as is velocity for the wsm. The 300 wsm also feeds very well from my model 70.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Montucky stock design trumps ALL things Winny,so their Whizzums shoot MUCH softer...despite the reduction in mass.

Hint.............

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Every 300WSM I've had has recoiled less than the 300WM. Redneck must have had a bad one. Like someone else said, it's virtually impossible that a 300WSM is going to recoil more. They tend to use less powder, and don't quite generate the same speeds as the 300WM. Just about everyone I've talked to, also agrees that the 300wm kicks a lot more... Maybe redneck was being facetious when explaining how his buddy reacted to the recoil of the 300WSM... If so, he could have at least used a smirk emoji... smirk

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Redneck is simply a CLUELESS Fhuqk.

Hint.

She was certainly doing her best,like always.

Laughing!.............

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Care to expound?

'Nuff said right there..

Oh my!

That was wayyyyyyyyyy fhuqking funnier than expected and I had your Cluelessness pegged at a full fhuqking 100%. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!..............
And I was correct in pegging you to be 100% azzhole... You just confirmed it.. When you get a clue, let me know.. Bye now.. Laughing...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Redneck is simply a CLUELESS Fhuqk.

Hint.

She was certainly doing her best,like always.

Laughing!.............

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
And Little Twig is still a dickhead... Try thinking once instead of vomiting..

Hint....

Laffin'

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Care to expound?

'Nuff said right there..

MAGNIFICENT fhuqking STUPIDITY...but she'll cash your check.

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've owned both, the WSM stayed and the 300 win mag went down the road. The WSM recoils less, is more accurate and kills stuff just as dead.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The twig that thinks a varmint rifle crushes a 300 magnum when it comes to putting animals on the ground is touched in his pointy head. If someone is too soft to endure a little recoil or can't afford a few grains of powder they probably should extol the virtue of a girls or old mans gun.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
The twig that thinks a varmint rifle crushes a 300 magnum when it comes to putting animals on the ground is touched in his pointy head. If someone is too soft to endure a little recoil or can't afford a few grains of powder they probably should extol the virtue of a girls or old mans gun.

Yeah ! like a 308 W whistle

I’ve always liked the WM, looks, long not squatty, military & competition history, hunting record
to name a few reasons.

Red/Blue , Ford/Chevy, etc.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by Hogwild7

Lmao! ...good post...Hb

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Is that all ya got?? For the renowned 'bully of the board' you're slippin' a bit.. Laffin...

If you're still off yer meds Little Twig, try strychnine - you'll feel SOOOO much better..

Hint...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Own both, but I prefer the WSM. Seems to recoil a bit less, and is in a slightly lighter and handier package. Obviously can’t tell a difference in on-game performance.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

290 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 16penny, 204guy, 1minute, 38 invisible), 2,341 guests, and 1,007 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,171
Posts18,465,362
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.