Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I guess I have been lucky to this point. I have never had to have a scope I have owned serviced. But I bought a Nikon last month and after reading the thread made sure I had the online invoice.

GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by EIB0879
I guess I have been lucky to this point. I have never had to have a scope I have owned serviced. But I bought a Nikon last month and after reading the thread made sure I had the online invoice.

Good deal. When I get home I am digging for receipts myself!

My service is done. Rejoice Farmboy1.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dang Boomer, can you start over from the beginning? I’m sure I missed something important. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I don’t understand why the subsequent owners of any product think they are entitled to warranty. Warranty is the original benefit a manufacturer may make to the original purchaser in an effort to sell a unit of a product. While transferable warranty may help resale it probably was not intended for that purpose.

"We are building a dictatorship of relativism which recoqnizes nothing as definitive and whose ultimate goal consists solely of ones own self ego and desires."Cardinal Rathzinger
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Nikon is just being a marketing company like all the rest. Why do you think most companies like vortex just send a new scope. In most cases they don’t even have the ability to repair them. Or the cost of attempting to repair them is more than the optic cost the company. Maybe mountain will finally have his first vision over this

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

Nikon is just being a marketing company like all the rest. Why do you think most companies like vortex just send a new scope. In most cases they don’t even have the ability to repair them. Or the cost of attempting to repair them is more than the optic cost the company. Maybe mountain will finally have his first vision over this

I have had items repaired by Vortex before...

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Cheap junk with a great warranty is never a bargain when it fails. Remounting a scope, burning powder and bullets to rezero, and the hassle of dealing with a return is seldom worth it. Not to mention the lack of confidence in wondering if #2 will fail just like #1 did.

Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Just to followup. I am not in a position to put $1500 or even $300 scopes on all my rifles and have found Hawke Rifescopes to be very good functionally, excellent optically - absolutely a strong value. Especially the Endurance 30s. They're nothing like re-branded generics or such. Hawke's been at it for awhile too. My preference would be no receipt hassle (which should be obvious by now) and clearance prices. LOL
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Dang Boomer, can you start over from the beginning? I’m sure I missed something important. 😎

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

You completely fail to grasp the very simple fact Vortex sells scopes at virtually ALL price points. You betcha, low end units will be replaced. High end units are repaired, though many may be replaced to the owner. The originals are sold as refurbished.

Suggesting either all are replaced or none are repaired is just wrong...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by foogle
I don’t understand why the subsequent owners of any product think they are entitled to warranty. Warranty is the original benefit a manufacturer may make to the original purchaser in an effort to sell a unit of a product. While transferable warranty may help resale it probably was not intended for that purpose.

Subsequent owners ARE ENTITLED to transferable warranty coverage by law because the original seller made that promise. Suggesting there is something implicitly wrong with the original seller offering, or original purchaser accepting, or secondary purchaser using a warranty requires faulty logic.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Good point. Although I am not sure all companies have a transferable warranty. I think you meant to use the word manufacturer instead of seller. The seller could be anyone. The manufacturer is the one responsible for warranty services. So saying the seller is responsible may also be implicitly wrong and incorrect. You are correct about the obligation of transferable,warranties

"We are building a dictatorship of relativism which recoqnizes nothing as definitive and whose ultimate goal consists solely of ones own self ego and desires."Cardinal Rathzinger
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by KRAKMT
I boxed a Burris up for a return trip last night. Will see how cs is this morning.
I had previously called and they said send it in. That was several months ago. Will report how much hassle I have.
I am not good about keeping receipts. There is probably an app that lets you take pics and organizes receipts like password vaults. Or there should be.

[quote=KRAKMT]

Burris emailed this morning to say they could not repair optic so we’re sending a replacement 5-25x50 veracity as replacement.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I had a Denver made Redfield go bad. They sent me a new one. I have Leupold now, no issues yet.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Burris for the Win!

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1234, 17CalFan, 22kHornet, 280fan, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 43 invisible), 2,753 guests, and 1,102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,290
Posts18,467,910
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.