-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 19 1 2 3 4 18 19
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When it comes to game shots, long range is the distance I can hold steady enough with my crosshairs to feel I can make a good, clean shot. Some days that is 700 yards if I have a good enough rest, time, and conditions are right. Other days that may be 300 yards if I can't find a good enough rest, or the wind is howling, or conditions just aren't right.

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I should go roll some tape and comment upon MPAJ Hasty Rucktitude,at distances beyond a given platform's zero.

MOST folks don't have the glass,that'll allow dot connection and they are quick to overlook that constant. that ain't a function of magnification,nor optical splendor...but SOLELY of mechanics.

Hint.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Beyond 400yds is a good metric in the hunting world.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Right about there is where, even a lot of the flat shooting rifles, have dropped or are dropping below MPBR.

Yep

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Yoder409

Right about there is where, even a lot of the flat shooting rifles, have dropped or are dropping below MPBR.

Yep

Sweetie,

Trajectory is Physics,wind is Voodoo and the ONLY thing you "shoot" is your mouth and Imagination. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for sucking ass though.

Hint.

Laughing!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
500yds with a 22LR,ain't that far.

Hint..............

[Linked Image]

Stick, I know you don't have time to shoot all those rifles so if you want to thin the herd of one of those useless Anschutz rifles one of these days you let me know. You know how much I like blued steel and wood.... wink

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Come visit and leave with a FULL appreciation of what can be done in a day.(grin)

Everyone leaves shaking heads......................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yep

Sweetie,

Trajectory is Physics,wind is Voodoo and the ONLY thing you "shoot" is your mouth and Imagination. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Laughing!.............

I took a bit of physics, way back when. I was dimly aware that it may have somewhat of an effect on trajectory. But thanks for gettin' my back on that. You're a peach.

Problem is...…………..the hot wind that blows outta the arsehole of Paradise, Alaska is Voodoo on the trajectory of any discussion it encounters. Darned shame...……….

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Yep

Sweetie,

Hint.

Laughing!.............

I took a bit of physics, way back when. I was dimly aware that it may have somewhat of an effect on trajectory. But thanks for gettin' my back on that. You're a peach.

Problem is...…………..the hot wind that blows outta the arsehole of Paradise, Alaska is Voodoo on the trajectory of any discussion it encounters. Darned shame...……….

TROUBLE is...you are devoid the means,to accrue the wares,in order to amass the talent to savvy. Hint. Congratulations?!?

But "luckily" for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute" in the first hand...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Then hit an egg at 300 yards with one of your .22lr and post the video on this thread.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Well I have always been a deep woods hunter, 50 yards is a long shot. However you would have about three seconds to take the shot. Recently hunted with the SIL on a gas line clear cut. 300yards shoots presented themselves. Will have to learn a whole new game.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunt,

Ain't it a hoot,that despite ALL of your Subsidies...you still cain't "afford" a good 22LR. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for trying though!

Hint.

Laughing!................

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
elkchunt,

Ain't it a hoot,that despite ALL of your Subsidies...you still cain't "afford" a good 22LR. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for trying though!

Hint.

Laughing!................

That has nothing to do with making a fool of yourself trying to hit an egg at 300 yards and on video. You're the one who's bragging about how great you are and blah blah blah.

Like I said in another thread,you know just enough about firearms to get yourself into trouble. And right here you proved it.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yep

Sweetie,

Hint.

Laughing!.............

TROUBLE is...you are devoid the means,to accrue the wares,in order to amass the talent to savvy. Hint. Congratulations?!?

But "luckily" for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute" in the first hand...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............

Haha !!! Pigz Dik Post Variation #3...…………………...the "you can't afford it" post ..................again...………………. Been 2 whole hours since you used THAT gem.

Maybe someday when I recover from my current bout with food stamp poisoning and can collect enough roadside beer cans, I'll have bank enough to roll with YOU, bro !!!!

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Yoder409,if you and I pool our money together we might be able to afford the stuff bs has.

Think about it.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
300 yds I way more comfortable at 200. Just me!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Of my...Twin Kchunts,with nary a sound Rimfire betwixt their "means" or "abilities". What were the "odds"?!? Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your hearts for trying.

Hint.

Laughing!.............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Hit an egg at 300 yards with one of your .22lr and video it,then post on here.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Whelenman
300 yds I way more comfortable at 200. Just me!

I'm way more comfortable at 200 yards or less.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
22LR at distance with a wind that is variable... How many boxes of ammo. I shot competitively with a 22LR, and anyone says they can hit successfully ever time is talking BS. Does not matter the rifle or ammo.

Page 2 of 19 1 2 3 4 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (Algotguns, 21, 808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, 8 invisible), 1,420 guests, and 743 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,675
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.