Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I'm looking at purchasing the Zeiss Conquest V4 scope. Are there any companies that make a custom turret for it once I get my verified dope for the final setup? I've seen several companies that do other brands, but not necessarily this Zeiss for sure.

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Is there a reason you don't want to dial in standardized units? Why not stick with MIL or MOA turrets, whichever your scope of choice uses?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Kenton Industries makes turrets for it

R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by rovert
Is there a reason you don't want to dial in standardized units? Why not stick with MIL or MOA turrets, whichever your scope of choice uses?

seems way easier to range target and turn to that number. (ie. 480 yards, dial to 4 3/4) range finder doesn't tell you 12.5 moa.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trouble is,Zeiss doesn't hold zero or track correctly,no matter what sticker is affixed to the erector.

Hint.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Trouble is,Zeiss doesn't hold zero or track correctly,no matter what sticker is affixed to the erector.

Hint.............

Do you know that for sure on the Conquest V4 and V6 scopes? From all I've read, these do real well. If I'm not mistaking, I've read where these are the first scopes by Zeiss with a true Zero Stop and a scope that is targeted towards the long range hunting/shooting crowd.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Zeiss makes some good glass,but has yet to make a rifle scope worth a fhuqk. Who gives a schit about a Zero Stop,on something that won't even fhuqking hold zero,track or repeat.

Hint............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by RemHutch50
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Hint.............

Do you know that for sure on the Conquest V4 and V6 scopes? From all I've read, these do real well. If I'm not mistaking, I've read where these are the first scopes by Zeiss with a true Zero Stop and a scope that is targeted towards the long range hunting/shooting crowd.

No he does not, he has never had the product nor used it . I know of a few people here that have them and love them.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oldelkchunt,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it in the manner you NEED most. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not much of a "Test"...but typical Zeiss dismal failure.

Zeiss V6 "Tracking" RINK

Hint...................

IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I don’t know what you’re talking about- that scope “kind of” “sorta” “about” tracked correct. All except the 2 MOA groups and the “flier”.....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Dismal" is/was my word...because it's apt.(grin)

Typical Zeiss scope "performance"!......................

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

No he does not, he has never had the product nor used it . I know of a few people here that have them and love them.

[quote=Oldelkhunter]

How much actual use do they have on them? How have they determined that they truly do work correctly and consistently? Like the above video? “About” right...

I know dudes that have them as well. I’ve used them a bit. None are still using them. The most used didn’t last 1,000 rounds before it was pulled. That’s a decent day. A guy that paid nearly $2k for it, pulled it off in a single days worth of shooting and put a $450 SWFA back on.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
[quote=Oldelkhunter]

Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

How much actual use do they have on them? How have they determined that they truly do work correctly and consistently? Like the above video? “About” right...

I know dudes that have them as well. I’ve used them a bit. None are still using them. The most used didn’t last 1,000 rounds before it was pulled. That’s a decent day. A guy that paid nearly $2k for it, pulled it off in a single days worth of shooting and put a $450 SWFA back on.

V4 or V6?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oldelkchunt,

The only thing you "shoot"is your mouth and Imagination. Gals that "know" and "do" as "much" as you,will ALWAYS be best served by asking questions,rather than giving "answers". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Your haste to schlep Stupidity to places it's never been before,is simply fhuqking MAGNIFICENT,in it's oblivious Hilarity. Hint.

Bless your heart for fhuqking TRYING.

Hint.

Laughing!..............

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
[Linked Image]

Hint...That Rink says absolutely nothing negative about the scope...rifle with 7000 rounds thru it with one flyer...Phugging Twit

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 02/25/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oldelkchunt,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it in the manner you NEED most. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!............

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by RemHutch50
Originally Posted by rovert

seems way easier to range target and turn to that number. (ie. 480 yards, dial to 4 3/4) range finder doesn't tell you 12.5 moa.

I've zero experience with the scope in question, so I'll stay out of that debate other than to say I've taken advice from those who have dialed plenty and bought accordingly for scopes I wish to dial. Regarding the turret, it may be slightly easier to do what you suggest but what happens when you need to make an adjustment for bullet, velocity, altitude, atmospheric conditions, etc, etc? Then you'll have a much more confusing situation than just making a new chart. Those variables can account for several inches at 500 yards and several feet at 1000.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's akin to putting a "427" sticker on the fender well of a Pinto...in that it doesn't change a fhuqking thing,mechanically.

Hint.......................

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
have several kenton turrets on zeiss conquests, they work great for me!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (222Sako, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,467 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,115
Posts18,464,455
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.