BS’ers have been exposed on this thread LoL

GOD Bless America
GB1

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Well, this thread took on a life of its own wwhile I was working... Never intended to twist panties in knots, guys.
I see lots of pics with dead animals and smiling hunters, which usually means the rifle worked fine. Seems like most brands are well represented, too. I have owned Wichesters, and Remingtons. No Savages, because I find them unattractive and HATE a trigger on a rifle having a lever in the middle of it. No Tikkas, either, because I just haven’t. I had a Winchester Classic Featherweight in 6.5 Swede that would not feed reliably at all sold it to a guy who wantd it bad enough to try to fix it. I had a Remington Mountain Light that left because it was too light. I had a 700 KS in ‘06 that killed a bunch of stuff, and was sold to finance other stuff. Had a Remington Model 7 Laminated in .243, sold it because it was the most butt-heavy rifle I have seen, and the wife didn’t care for it. Had a Pre-64 70 in ‘06, killed a bunch of stuff with it, too. Put two deer in the truck at the same time more often than not. Traded it on a Hawkeye AW in .308, because I hunt rough, and didn’t want to bang up the beautiful pre-64. Looking at reborimg the Ruger to .358, maybe.

Said all that to say, I have hunted hard with both Remington and Winchester, in weather that kept most at the the house, and never had an issue with either brand as a result. The featherweight was a basket case from day one, never hunted it. The Remingtons all worked fine, two were sold due to not being a good fit for me, the KS would still be here if I was as wise then as I am now. Loved the pre-64, but it really was too nice to hunt my way. So I have the Ruger for the thickets, thorns, mud, rain, and snow. I am looking to put together an open country tool that will do as well as the Ruger does in the weather and mud, but reach out further for those longer shots sometimes presented in open areas. I like the CDL-SF, the 70 EW, and the stainless featherweight. I place a high premium on the locking bolt, but the safety can be returned to that configuration on the 700 if I wanted, Any of these will be getting a McMillan, because wood and I don’t work well together. I am going to handle all three before I make a final decision, and appreciate all the input.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pete53
do as you want with what rifle you want to use,but i like my Remingtons but not in real cold weather unless i have a warm truck to sit in as a few do.
>>>i like the elk picture no gloves , ball hat and just a dry sweatshirt and 30 below ? really ? B.S. or was it another sneak up local Montana truck hunt with a rifle ,pat on the back and a picture ?

you guys are funny but desperate for attention and probably have little man syndrome too

You couldn't have made that climb to intercept that bull on your finest day...ever climb 1500 vertical feet in 45 minutes?

You're the biggest tool on this site.

FWIW, I'm 6' 1", 185. I guarantee if you were face to face with me, you'd be backtracking.....

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I coyote hunt in northern ND and northern MN with Remington 700 rifles all the time. I am consistently in sub zero weather and snow and have never had an issue with a Remington 700 freezing or doing anything it’s not supposed to do. But 700s are all I own so I don’t really have anything else to compare it to.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SKane

>>>i like the elk picture no gloves , ball hat and just a dry sweatshirt and 30 below ? really ? B.S....

You aren't fit to hold Pat's empties – it's laughable you'd call him a BS'er.

Scott it’s just more of his immense ignorance. He doesn’t know what he doesn’t know ! !

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Seems every thread he shows he is douche. For a guy that hates everything Montana hunting, seems he could save us all the trouble and stay in MN

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by SKane

>>>i like the elk picture no gloves , ball hat and just a dry sweatshirt and 30 below ? really ? B.S....

You aren't fit to hold Pat's empties – it's laughable you'd call him a BS'er.

Scott it’s just more of his immense ignorance. He doesn’t know what he doesn’t know ! !

And what he doesn’t know is a bunch!!

Camp is where you make it.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I'll offer an alternative. Find an H&R Ultra 301. FN action Douglas bbl with a full stock. H&R was trying to compete with some of the better rifle makers in the early 70s and in the process put together a fine rifle. My daughter has a 270 which is a real tack driver. I have a 25-06 which has been a safe queen for over 10 years.

Last edited by cowboy77845; 03/06/19.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

>>>i like the elk picture no gloves , ball hat and just a dry sweatshirt and 30 below ? really ? B.S. or was it another sneak up local Montana truck hunt with a rifle ,pat on the back and a picture ?

p 53...... let me point out just HOW UN observant you are!!

[Linked Image]

I have NOT talked with 'scenar', I'm going on the SAME picture from which you drew your ? conclusions ?

First >> look at Pat's neck line..... there's One layer UNDER that sweat shirt >>> THAT's VISIBLE ! !

Second >> Look at the STRAPs over his shoulders, that indicates to me he is wearing OVERALLs. I would predict they are insulated.

Those 2 things tell us he had THREE layers in Front and Back of his torso >> AT LEAST !

Many Xs there are more things going on than a pic would tell us. Later he said he'd climbed 1500 Ft vertically! ! !

That would warm a fellow up and could kill some out of shape hunters.

So...............

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
[Linked Image]

Damn, it was -30F on this morning....must have been lucky.

They make this stuff called lighter fluid....apply, and rinse to bolt body, firing pin spring, trigger sear, and bolt shroud, prior to hunting/shooting in sub-zero temps.

It just might work in Minnesota too.....

Is the rifle a Remington or Winchester?

It looks like a Winchester to me.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
[Linked Image]

Damn, it was -30F on this morning....must have been lucky.

They make this stuff called lighter fluid....apply, and rinse to bolt body, firing pin spring, trigger sear, and bolt shroud, prior to hunting/shooting in sub-zero temps.

It just might work in Minnesota too.....

Is the rifle a Remington or Winchester?

It looks like a Winchester to me.

Remington 700 KS, .280

[Linked Image]
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Thank you,Scenarshooter.

Great bull and good shooting there.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thank you,Scenarshooter.

Great bull and good shooting there.

Thanks!

I ended up parting that rifle out to a friend who needed the action for another project. Kinda wish I still had it all in one piece...I still have the stock,
and may put something together one of these days..

[Linked Image]
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Another .280?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Another .280?

How about a fast twist 270 Win to shut up the haters wink 280 Rem is good too lol.

Gerry.
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
A .300 Whelen would be a decent choice.

My only Remington....
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

It is a decent jackrabbit rifle.
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Another .280?

Probably....still have a bunch of brass, and dies.

[Linked Image]
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Another .280?

Probably....still have a bunch of brass, and dies.

280 8 twist pushing 180 scenars……;)

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

ALL B.S.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

ALL B.S.

What's truly hard to fathom is that you beat 100,000 other sperm.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

672 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 160user, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 3,041 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,264
Posts18,467,183
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.