Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
RicG Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
After much research, I finally pulled the trigger on a new saw (got some "projects" at the new house). I got a Milwaukee M18 battery powered saw. Let me tell you, this thing is the bugs nuts! It runs on an 18 V lithium battery and has tons of power. The cuts are clean and the adjustments precise. I would never have imagined that battery power would be sufficient for such an endeavor.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This thread is worthless without pics. How many batteries to get a full days work in? or is this something for an occasional rip of a piece of flooring, or a craft project ?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
copied from the web----

The Milwaukee® M18 FUEL™ 8-1/4” Table Saw w/ One-Key™ generates the power of a 15A Corded Saw, 24-1/2” of Rip Capacity and Up to 600 linear Feet of cutting per charge. Designed for the professional carpenter, remodeler and general contractor, the Milwaukee(R) M18 FUEL™ 8-1/4” Table Saw w/ One-Key™ is optimized for power, portability and productivity. The POWERSTATE™ Brushless Motor provides 6,300 RPM and higher speeds under load for corded cutting performance. REDLINK PLUS™ intelligence ensures maximum performance and protection from overload, overheating and over discharge. The M18 REDLITHIUM™ HIGH OUTPUT™ HD12.0 battery delivers unmatch run-time in all applications. The rack and pinion fence system maintains accuracy and allows for quick adjustments. For maximum productivity, the tool has on board storage for the included accessory and a tool free guard and riving knife changes. An all metal frame provides durability for daily jobsite use. Compatible with ONE-KEY™, this is the industry’s first Table Saw that wirelessly connects to a smart phone to Track and manage a tool’s performance and location. Integrated Tool Tracking, available through ONE-KEY™, provides full visibility to how and where tools are being used across your network of jobs and users. The app will track all ONE-KEY™ compatible devices within 100 ft range of your phone. By building the functionality into the tool, not the battery, all devices are trackable even if the battery is not charged or on the tool. The app will automatically keep records of the last time a tool was within range of the app, allowing you to pinpoint missing tools quicker and increase accountability of your crew. Paired with tracking, Integrated Tool Security provides the ultimate theft protection. Protect your investment with features like tool lock-out, or hide tool from the nearby devices screen so only you can see your tool is in range. If your tool is lost or stolen, render it useless by sending a remote command to the tool to shut itself off the next time it comes within range of any ONE-KEY™ app.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
If this image is correct ?[Linked Image]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
They make up to 12.0 AH batteries in the M18 line now. Not cheap, but they have a long life and long run time.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have the dewalt battery table saw and my honest opinion is the saw is good for extremely small jobs. I only use it when we have to work in condos. You can't cut all day or even half the day for that matter. We also have the battery powered milwaukee sliding chop saw, I'd give it a nod. It cut's all day on one battery and then some. Only downside is it's 8 1/4 blade. Wish it was bigger so we could cut larger sized crown molding.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I looked at those before buying my last saw. I needed 1 0" blade cutting depth, or I would have one also. Nice portable saw, what stand did you get?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Is it just the extreme convenience of not having to use cords or are there situations where you regularly use a table saw where there is no power?

I ask because you can get a pretty nice little corded portable table saw for $150 from Home Depot.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Interesting.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
my little portable saw.....

[Linked Image]

kind of a bish to push it into the trailer, tho. and has a pesky extension cord instead of a battery.

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
We have a DeWalt saw in Ontario. It's corded, with a shape blade, I think it will do all but dado work.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
We use a corded saw for 90% of our jobs. It's just nice to have a battery one sometimes when you have no power easily available, like condos. Sometimes we have to go upstairs to the residence and measure then go down to the parking area to make cuts. It's a real pain when you have to run two or three cords together to get power to a saw then all the residents bitch and whine about cords in the parking areas.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm a fan of the Milwaukee M18 line of stuff. I've got a 1/4" impact driver, 1/2" drill, a finish nailer, 1/2" impact driver and a circular hand saw. Love m all. But a table saw? Crazy. But these batteries keep getting better and better so why not I guess. I've got an old Delta plug in portable table saw that I pretty much hate its good and beat and its tried to do me in a couple times through the years but I don't seem to need a table saw much so I suffer with it.. I guess if I do upgrade this Milwaukee would be worth a look. Enjoy your new saw RicG!

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I have an old craftsman

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The capabilities of the new battery stuff is amazing.
That said, they're really not that great yet at running something that gets turned on and runs over a minute at a time with high torque loads. It would be great for a small job, and maybe lighter then a 120v. table saw.
There's a place for each depending on your job needs.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
There is a place for the battery powered tools. I've got several of the Ryobi ones. For our kitchen renovation they are working extremely well. I got the trim nailer and it works great. The little 6 1/2" circular saw has done everything I need. When I rebuild my deck, I'll pull out the corded saw. But for little things here and there. Just grabbing the battery powered one does the job and saves time.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
unless you use it all the time the battery will be gone in no time.
I wouldn't even consider a battery powered tablesaw. if the battery is tough enogh it will cost a fortune to replace it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice table!

R
RicG Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
The image posted above by wabigoon is correct. I have been working this little guy for three straight days. It has done very well for my jobs (trim through cuts, rabbet cuts, miters, long rips (10 foot 1x4's), 2x4 and 2x6 crosscuts, etc. It's easy to carry (41 lbs with a carry handle) and set -up. The battery is still on the original charge. So far, my only gripe is with the T-groove miter gauge... it's a POS plastic turd.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I've got the 60v Dewalt.

It's a very good saw and completely portable. Handy.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
713 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 222ND, 74 invisible), 2,783 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,630
Posts18,398,794
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.