Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Contact our own JJHACK and do whatever he tells You. You won't regret it, see if He can get You set up with Pieter Kriel SP?

Last edited by boatammo; 04/13/19.

MOLON LABE
GB1

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Absolutely check out the outfitter and PH. I’ve been twice and got shorted both times on what I Pirchased. And Do Not buy a hunt at auction, you pay twice and get half the service. As for booking agents, be wary. Namibia was a great experience even though the booking agent sold us a package and the land owner didn’t do packages, they were not prepared for one of us to bowhunt, and it took 2 of our paid 8days for the landowner to get back and set up the hunt with the PH. South Africa - may as well go to South Texas. SA is just small high fence places with game purchased at the local auction. By small I mean 500 to 1500acres, Namibia was same as free range at over 40,000 acres.

Do your research, I was way too trusting of the booking agent.. and yes I lived in the town where the booking agent was located and asked around. Like usual if you were connected you got one deal and if not another. There are good booking agents - Outdoor Connection - and no I do not get paid by them.

It is a good experience and amazing hunting. Two trips and I regularly hunt with several guys who are better hunters than the PHs. Most PHs are good guys, enjoy hunting, just guys like in a good hunting camp, but not any better than you see if you hunt a lot. Do your homework, distance and size wise - PH cost me as he wouldn’t give the range unless I asked. We had shots from 80 yards to 325 yards. I won’t trust the PH again, I’ll do my own ranging.

It’s a good experience. I agree with using a local agency to help with transfers. Africa Sky is great. Met us at the airport, walked us through customs, stored my Rifles while we toured, service was impeccable. I’m sure others are good as well, but we will use them again.

It’s all about Leadership.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MSmitty7
And Do Not buy a hunt at auction, you pay twice and get half the service.

I've bought a few hunts at auction, and never felt I got half the service for twice the pay.

Why would you bid twice as much as what a hunt is worth?

I've always got the same service on auctioned hunts as I would have expected by booking with the outfitter directly, and got the hunts for 1/3 the price...

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 43 invisible), 2,698 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,511
Posts18,452,647
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.