Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Donk Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Here's the deal after Christmas and everything else that comes with it I have $100, and would like to use it to purchase some trapping equipment. My question is what should I buy? AND Where should I go to get it? The only place I have found that has traps is Gander Mountain, not sure who the good online dealers are. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Don't know what your trapping, but here are a few

Murray's

Cumberland's

Minnesota Trapline

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry that might be helpful, hopefully Coyotes. I think I will give the water a try next year.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Donk,
What state are you in

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Don't know what your trapping, but here are a few

Murray's

Cumberland's

Minnesota Trapline

+1 to all.

Cumberland's service & speedy shipping is damn hard to beat.

If you're gonna grille it, you gotta kill it!

You can't miss 'em fast enough to kill 'em!

IC B2

D
Donk Offline OP
OP Offline
D
TackDriven,

Currently living in Ohio.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Donk,
Suggest you use $20 to join the Northwestern Ohio Fur Traders. Membership includes a 1 year subscription to the Trapper and Predator Caller paper. Loads of trap ads inside and lots of good advice every month.

I'm copying this out of the paper as all the state organizations have a section.

NWOFT, Member Secretary/Treasurer
Sam Dewyer
1315 Lyn Road
Bowling Green, OH.
ph: 419-352-0171

$20 for 1 year regular membership
$15 for under 16

Stand up and be counted, join a shooting sports organization
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I suggest you look for some good used traps. Your money will go a lot farther that way . www.usedtraps.com is a good place. The owner , Nancy, it a great person, very honest and will do everything she can to help you. You might visit www.trapperman,com. It's a great trappers bulletin board and lots of used traps for sale by other trappers.
Try to find an oldtime trapper in your area and ask to tag along with him for a few days You could learn a lot to help you get started. I have done that with several new trappers over the years.
Depending on what critter you are going to target you could get started pretty good with $100 and finding good used traps!

Last edited by DaGriz; 01/08/07.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello.

Nice forum design. Okay, I need your help.
So, I wanna make my little sister's site, and I am looking for site template.
Can you suggest some online store or other resource where I can find many site templates?

It would be better if it will be free:)
I think many of us have personal sites, do you design it yourself?

Thx, Bill.

IC B3

#1167975 01/10/07
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
PM sent.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Tundragriz
Donk,
Suggest you use $20 to join the Northwestern Ohio Fur Traders. Membership includes a 1 year subscription to the Trapper and Predator Caller paper. Loads of trap ads inside and lots of good advice every month.

Good advise! It also wouldn't hurt to subscribe to a mag. like Fur-Fish-Game. Loads of info.

You're going to need supplies other than just traps. Trap dye and wax(I suggest Andy Stoe's speed dip), stakes, trowl, strechers, etc. Finding someone who traps to be your 'mentor' is almost esseintial to trapline success. They can tell you exactly what you need and show you how to use it.
I spent about $300 dollars and an entire season to figure that out. Once I read a few books and talked with an experienced trapper I was collecting fur like a pro.
If you're dead set on learning yourself send me a PM with what you plan to target, the type of terrian, etc. and I'll send you some helpful info.

Tact is knowing how to tell someone to go to hell, and have them thank you for it.

NRA Life Member, BAA Life Member

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (6mmbrfan, 14idaho, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 12 invisible), 1,543 guests, and 767 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,518
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.