Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Because you are a retard and can't see with your own dam eyes that the prices of Spyderco knives are relatively in line with BenchMade! No one can help you, you are lost. It isn't my job to convince you of chit. Clearly your reading isn't so great! In my post I clearly wrote for some people BenchMade's warranty and Lifesharp are important. Personally I take ownership when I break a product that has nothing to do with material or manufacturing defects. However Once I was in BenchMades facilities and had a knife on me that did have a chipped point. I took it to the window where they do the Lifesharp and said to the guy I know it is chipped and the pocket clip is missing, but seeing I am here you can sharpen it. The replaced the blade and the clip. I think that is pretty good customer service. Benchmade also gives my types a nice discount plus OR has no sales tax. So when I am in town and I see a knife I like and want to buy, I buy it. As for stripping wires I understand you have zero mechanical ability. Yeah I am a LW type guy, you know so much about me. Bottomline is you made a false statement and backed that statement up with two companies that I gave you the answers on. But you are not smart enough to get it. Sorry but blame your parents not me.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
BP-B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Because you are a retard and can't see with your own dam eyes that the prices of Spyderco knives are relatively in line with BenchMade! No one can help you, you are lost. It isn't my job to convince you of chit. Clearly your reading isn't so great! In my post I clearly wrote for some people BenchMade's warranty and Lifesharp are important. Personally I take ownership when I break a product that has nothing to do with material or manufacturing defects. However Once I was in BenchMades facilities and had a knife on me that did have a chipped point. I took it to the window where they do the Lifesharp and said to the guy I know it is chipped and the pocket clip is missing, but seeing I am here you can sharpen it. The replaced the blade and the clip. I think that is pretty good customer service. Benchmade also gives my types a nice discount plus OR has no sales tax. So when I am in town and I see a knife I like and want to buy, I buy it. As for stripping wires I understand you have zero mechanical ability. Yeah I am a LW type guy, you know so much about me. Bottomline is you made a false statement and backed that statement up with two companies that I gave you the answers on. But you are not smart enough to get it. Sorry but blame your parents not me.

I acknowledged that spyderco does sell some expensive knives, but they have many under $100 or less. I have a benchmade catalog here and the lowest price pocket knife is $115. Many other USA made brands in the pacific northwest like buck and leatherman offer similar warranties with products at many price points.

A person shouldn't buy products for the warranty. You can get a lifetime warranty and two ginzhu knives at once if you buy warranty.

Wire stripping with a knife doesn't fly at a oem manfacturing plant because it leads to quality problems later. My guys know what they are doing, but its the customers mechanics using poor techniques that create wire issues later.

Have you noticed I have not resorted to name calling with you and only question some of your methods of repair? You're backed into a corner and cant come out with a logical fact based argument so you resort to name calling. Very childish.

Yea... you're a LW person and cant hold back.

Sorry for your loss.

Last edited by humdinger; 03/11/19.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I am in no corner. Comparing Buck quality to BenchMade only proves my point of your total lack of knowledge.

Funny you say resorted from name calling. Did you forget what you just wrote or are you just really that dumb. I guess we know now it wasn't just an act.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I am in no corner. Comparing Buck quality to BenchMade only proves my point of your total lack of knowledge.

Are you comparing a $25-$40 Buck to a $150 Benchmade?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by MOGC

Are you comparing a $25-$40 Buck to a $150 Benchmade?

I am not but he is.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Buck Custom Shop 110's are top quality materials and very well put together. Different genre of knives and uses but quality, fit and finish are very comparable between those CS 110 Bucks and upper end Benchmades.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by humdinger

I acknowledged that spyderco does sell some expensive knives, but they have many under $100 or less.

So does Benchmade.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like Buck knives........ grin

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

They have a place in the Market. I am not a fan, but they work.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

They have a place in the Market. I am not a fan, but they work.

I was just stirring the pot wink but the truth is it's nostalgia as much as anything else for me..

While I've moved on to other knives I grew in an era where Buck locking folders were king so I'll always have a soft spot for their knives.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Second knife I ever owned was a Buck. First was a Swiss Army.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My first was a Camillas Barlow (which I still have) and the second was a Buck locking folder.

The Barlow was good design IMO but that Camillas was a poor example.
I didn't have a clue back then though and carried it proudly for years. LOL

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I love the Barlow though would rather have it made by one of my favorite custom makers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My dad gave it to me and I was glad to have it.

It's hard to afford a custom on a ten year old's allowance in the late 50's. smile

Here's a nicer example of a Barlow I picked up at a yard sale several years ago. I like single blade pocket knives and it said Sheffield on the blade so I bought it without knowing anything about it and boy was I surprised after I did some digging. It was made by Christopher Johnson & Co., Sheffield, England in the 40's or 50's and it's still so tight it'll take a finger off if you aren't careful closing it. IIRC I paid $20 for it...even a blind hog eh?

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
That is a great find! I'll give you $40.00 for it. You doubled your money! smile

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I really like my Buck Spitfire with S30V steel.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Because of this Benchmade anti gun stuff, I stopped carrying my Benchmade 485-171 VALET with homemade smoother higher thumb nut and longer clearance lower frame... and bought a Spyderco Manix 2 G-10 Dark Blue S110V Plain Edge with pink duck tape added so I can find it.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm going to a gun auction on Saturday morning. It's put on by the local Sheriff's Department. All guns are prior confiscated weapons from crimes and some of their carry guns.

Once again, Oregon shows how [bleep] stupid they are.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm going to a gun auction on Saturday morning. It's put on by the local Sheriff's Department. All guns are prior confiscated weapons from crimes and some of their carry guns.

Once again, Oregon shows how [bleep] stupid they are.

That's awesome. Should just be the common sense thing to do but now a day's I generally consider common sense practiced as awesome....sad that I think like that.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I’m still scratching my head about why anyone cares about this. If someone killed a relative of mine with a gun, I’d rather it be destroyed than resold to someone else.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
634 members (007FJ, 257Bob, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,811 guests, and 1,418 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,655
Posts18,399,259
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.