Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Slider1 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I received this today from The Cat Man of Zimbawe!!!

[Linked Image]

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
This can't be real, can it?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I truly doubt it’s real. One of the guys here I know is from SA, and he was recently back there for vacation. He says it’s bad, but not as bad as that sign.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I talk to my friend in the RSA almost weekly, they are not concerned. They all have Canadian passports and could leave at a moments notice if they had to.

I would be interested as to context of the sign, location and time. For all we know, the sign could be 30 years old. The President (ANC) certainly does not talk like that. Someone posted an article about Cecil the lion last week. I clicked on the link to see what was new, only to find it was a 4 year old article. So just because this was recently sent (if it is real), does not mean it is current.

Now I am going to sound all racist.Good luck if they did start attacking whites and they did get their farm. Most don't know what a farm is or how to farm. From what I have seen, if someone does not tell them what to do and when to do it, nothing gets done. From my reading of southern Africa, whether Wilbur Smith, Tony Park or the travels of Frederick Selous and other explorers, African males traditionally do not work. Young boys herd cattle, sheep or goats, mature men, f__k and fight, women work. Nothing much has changed. For confirmation of this, look up the BBC report where the former Zimbabwean farmer who had moved to Zambia during the land grab. BBC took him back to his old farm in Zimbabwe. They found his old farm mostly barren and over grown. Most of the buildings were burned down, the foundations crumbling. There was evidence of some agriculture, but most of the little farms (farmed with hoes or single plow/oxen) were abandoned. They met some of the former workers who were still living on the land. They greeted the farmer as if their missing father had come home. They said that when he was their boss, they never had it so good. They always had food, they had jobs, their kids were educated, they had healthcare, they had housing. That is what would happen in the RSA, if the white 10% of the population were killed and the blacks given complete control.

Starvation and anarchy would rule.

Last edited by AB2506; 03/12/19.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
AB2506 Take a look at Angola & Mozambec(sp) after there was a change there in four years the rail road was no longer running because of no on going maintenance and all because the people doing same were replaced with people who didn't have a clue on how to run a rail line. Just saying. Cheers NC

Last edited by northcountry; 03/12/19.

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AB2506
I talk to my friend in the RSA almost weekly, they are not concerned. They all have Canadian passports and could leave at a moments notice if they had to.

I would be interested as to context of the sign, location and time. For all we know, the sign could be 30 years old. The President (ANC) certainly does not talk like that. Someone posted an article about Cecil the lion last week. I clicked on the link to see what was new, only to find it was a 4 year old article. So just because this was recently sent (if it is real), does not mean it is current.

Now I am going to sound all racist.Good luck if they did start attacking whites and they did get their farm. Most don't know what a farm is or how to farm. From what I have seen, if someone does not tell them what to do and when to do it, nothing gets done. From my reading of southern Africa, whether Wilbur Smith, Tony Park or the travels of Frederick Selous and other explorers, African males traditionally do not work. Young boys herd cattle, sheep or goats, mature men, f__k and fight, women work. Nothing much has changed. For confirmation of this, look up the BBC report where the former Zimbabwean farmer who had moved to Zambia during the land grab. BBC took him back to his old farm in Zimbabwe. They found his old farm mostly barren and over grown. Most of the buildings were burned down, the foundations crumbling. There was evidence of some agriculture, but most of the little farms (farmed with hoes or single plow/oxen) were abandoned. They met some of the former workers who were still living on the land. They greeted the farmer as if their missing father had come home. They said that when he was their boss, they never had it so good. They always had food, they had jobs, their kids were educated, they had healthcare, they had housing. That is what would happen in the RSA, if the 10% of whites were killed and the blacks given complete control.

Starvation and anarchy would rule.

https://businesstech.co.za/news/lif...olent-and-dangerous-places-in-the-world/

https://www.news.com.au/travel/trav...s-story/c82e58c5c1cd7db2b10902ac358be855

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...s-surge-by-more-than-7-percent-in-a-year

I was born and raised in South Africa and am a 4th generation South African. I left in 1986 but still have immediate family there. I too, speak with them on a frequent basis, and they are worried sheitless. I am exploring all avenues to try to get them out. All I can say is there will always be those who will whistle past the graveyard, and those who would consider the facts. Those whistling past the graveyard are often the ones that have to live with their situation.

Last edited by badger; 03/12/19.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Slider1
I received this today from The Cat Man of Zimbawe!!!

[Linked Image]

Haha...that looks real.....lol

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]
Slider1 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
No it's Fake.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No it's Fake.

Pretty sure Marius was being sarcastic!

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have relatives in S.A. The last message I sent them told them they should be thinking Australia.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nothing like a former South African to spread the word about how bad their former nation is. That has been my observation, it's as if they are trying to justify why they left.

I took some continuing education classes at the local University. One of the instructors was South African. I was excited to talk to her on break because I was going on a trip to the RSA. Talk about negativity. She hated the RSA, didn't want to go visit her relatives. I pressed her as to why she was so negative, learned she had been robbed twice. Once on the beach at Durban, the other in Johannesburg. Understandable, both are areas with high populations - high crime.

One could say that the USA has a very high murder rate, yet most of the Campfire would say that they feel very secure where they live. Yet, stats can be deceptive. Most of the USA murders are within certain ethnic populations in certain parts of major cities. So it is in the RSA (your articles didn't care to mention who was killing who and where, except for the farm murders, but even them are usually linked to areas close to the big cities) and even Canada. I'm completely safe in my community, yet if I were to go to certain parts of my city in the middle of the night, it may not be safe. Some parts of Canada have higher murder rates than the USA.

Most of the people I talk to are in the Eastern Cape. They say it is business as usual. That is where I am heading.

I hope your relatives keep safe.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nothing like a former South African to spread the word about how bad their former nation is. That has been my observation, it's as if they are trying to justify why they left.

I took some continuing education classes at the local University. One of the instructors was South African. I was excited to talk to her on break because I was going on a trip to the RSA. Talk about negativity. She hated the RSA, didn't want to go visit her relatives. I pressed her as to why she was so negative, learned she had been robbed twice. Once on the beach at Durban, the other in Johannesburg. Understandable, both are areas with high populations - high crime.

One could say that the USA has a very high murder rate, yet most of the Campfire would say that they feel very secure where they live. Yet, stats can be deceptive. Most of the USA murders are within certain ethnic populations in certain parts of major cities. So it is in the RSA (your articles didn't care to mention who was killing who and where, except for the farm murders, but even them are usually linked to areas close to the big cities) and even Canada. I'm completely safe in my community, yet if I were to go to certain parts of my city in the middle of the night, it may not be safe. Some parts of Canada have higher murder rates than the USA.

Most of the people I talk to are in the Eastern Cape. They say it is business as usual. That is where I am heading.

Awesome. Hope you have a great trip to the Eastern Cape! Sitting in Toronto at the moment for the last outdoor show of the year for us. Just spent a week in Banff. One of the most beautiful places I have ever visited.

Originally Posted by Tarbe
No it's Fake.

Pretty sure Marius was being sarcastic!

Exactly, Tim!

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
[email protected]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Also nothing like a former South African who lived there there when times were great, then served his country during the decline, was a participant in the Border War, and saw the writing on the wall. I have skin in the game. Do you?

https://southafricatoday.net/media/...l_9gc-6n8WcAPwO0jZ89_yyxRJELWnKMDBEyiTm4

Last edited by badger; 03/13/19.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do the muzzys allow that?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I hope the sign is fake, especially for those that live and work there.

Anecdotally, I have been to JoBerg four times I believe in the last 10 years. Each time seems progressively worse. Headed to Namibia in a few months and one of my requirements is to not go through the RSA to get there. I have no desire to go back and would be fine if this is my last trip to Southern Africa.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer
I hope the sign is fake, especially for those that live and work there.

Anecdotally, I have been to JoBerg four times I believe in the last 10 years. Each time seems progressively worse. Headed to Namibia in a few months and one of my requirements is to not go through the RSA to get there. I have no desire to go back and would be fine if this is my last trip to Southern Africa.

Fake for sure.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
[email protected]
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The current problem is that the cyclone that hit Mozambique cut power shipments to SA, so there are rolling blackouts in Jo-burg. Hundreds of cops are directing traffic instead of busting thugs. Not good!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
after this last big storm and the native problems i see no reason for me now to ever go to Africa now ? i was really hoping to go to Africa since i have now retired,now i have the time and the money but i don`t need these problems either,or be sent back in a pine box either !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd be willing to bet that you'll be in more danger on the drive to your airport than being over in South Africa. I went there last year. I'll be back for another hunt as soon as my bank account says "Yes".

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i will just hold back a year or two and see what happens over in Africa, your right going to airports is dangerous.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (11point, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 17CalFan, 68 invisible), 2,750 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,334
Posts18,468,628
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.