Print Thread
Hop To
J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I went to order some CCI to take advantage of the current rebate offer. Since my usual sources were out of stock I ordered 3,500 rounds of MiniMag 36gr HP from MassAmmo. It was packed loosely in a cardboard box with a couple pieces of brown craft paper and needless to say it arrived looking like it had been sent cross country in a cement mixer. See attached photos.

I attempted to coordinate with them via phone and email a half dozen times in the last week and have left messages requesting that they return my calls or email at their convenience and have rec'd no response. United Parcel has been attempting to contact them since Friday and has not rec'd any response from them in their repeated attempts to contact them and Discover has also been trying to contact them. To no avail.

Although they seem to have been an honest and reliable enterprise in the past... that appears to be the only virtue they can claim at this point. Currently they are negligent and irresponsible.

Attached Images
S3061156.jpg (90.7 KB, 145 downloads)
S3061164.jpg (94.65 KB, 111 downloads)
S3061176.jpg (49.6 KB, 98 downloads)
Last edited by JDHasty; 03/13/19.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't know what you paid, but I've used Target Sports and had no such issues.

Case prices include free shipping, which is a biggie living on the west coast.

Jerry

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/cci...plated-lead-hollow-point-0031-p-894.aspx

Si vis pacem, para bellum
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Wow. Ive had it happen to me too (a rifle) and it sucks.

I recently ordered from SGAmmo.com and they did an excellent job of packing my order. Going by that 1 order, I can recommend them.

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What a mess. Thanks for the heads-up.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Target Sport USA is great, but was out of stock on the MiniMag HP or they are one of the outfits we usually get ammo through. I got 5,000 rounds ordered this morning from a reliable source so that part of it is all good.

Regarding United Parcel, I have had them throw a Pelican case into concrete repeatedly hard enough to completely destroy the case, UPS paid for the damaged case. The rifle came out of it fine, but I am sure they were trying to destroy the rifle. They have video everywhere and I hope they fired the responsible individual(s), there is no way that case had been dropped, it was swung or thrown against a hard surface repeatedly until pieces of it were broken completely out of it.

IC B2

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Kragman1,

I ordered the case this morning from SGA. It will be just fine. As for that MassAmmo outfit, I have been mailordering purchasing rimfire ammo in case lots or purchasing online for five decades and this is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. United Parcel is as disgusted as I am with trying to get a response out of them.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Your box of broken plastic boxes and loose, scattered, ammo reminds me of some 17HM2 ammo that I bought from MidwayUSA last year. The last time that I ordered carton lots of 17HM2 from MidwayUSA they sent 50 individually boxes, each one wrapped in bubble wrap. When I asked them why they didn't just send 5 cartons, they said that they don't send any rimfire ammo in cartons, rather they break the cartons down into individual boxes. Doesn't seem logical to me, but what do I know.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
That's lame! Fuggin retards. Give them hell!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I finally got hold of them by going through a lot of hoops, and was able to finally contact a sister company. By the time I got through to them I had worked up a pretty good mad and let them have it verbally. I am completely done with them, for good and for all time.

From now on it is SGA or Target Sport USA. We only buy rimfire in case lots and burn a case per person when we go to Montana for a week or about half a case when we go shoot grey diggers in Oregon or central Washington for a weekend.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

172 members (2ndwind, 17CalFan, 907brass, 257_X_50, 44automag, 30 invisible), 1,978 guests, and 1,028 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,488
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.