Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
This is a “Lott” to consider! I can see that the “Lott” has a “Lott” of potential, when using the “Lotts” of available components.....the “Lott” can perform well for a “Lott” of different applications, which would be a “Lott” to ask of a lesser cartridge! wink memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
BP-B2

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
The Lott is capable of a Lott and a Lott more. Just remember that a Lott of scope is not needed for the Lott,nor is a Lott smaller scope needed for the Lott. For the Lott a mid-range scope is what the Lott needs. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Your most recent post, pertaining to the “Lott”, was a “Lott” more than I thought could be put into words, describing the “Lott’s” of well deserved attributes to the “Lott”. When it is summed up there is not a “Lott” that the “Lott” can’t do, and that is saying a “Lott” of any cartridge, whether factory produced or a “wildcat.....which covers a “Lott” of cartridges held in high esteem! whistle That’s a “Lott” more that I thought I could put together in praise of the “Lott”! smile. memtb

Last edited by memtb; 03/14/19.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Lott's of hunters praise the Lott as being a Lott better than the .458 Win. That means a Lott to Lott's of hunters of dangerous game. Don't forget the the Winchester round can be fired in the Lott which will get you out of a Lott of trouble.

A Lott of people who handload for the Lott will get a Lott of practice with their Lott's and that will improve their shooting with the Lott a Lott. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I don’t think I can expound the virtues of the “Lott” nearly as well as you have.....that would be a “Lott” to ask! I will humbly bow in reverence to your knowledge and experience, as you have “Lott’s” more to offer in this conversation pertaining to the “Lott” than I! 🙇‍♂️ memtb

Last edited by memtb; 03/14/19.

IC B2

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Thanks a Lott Memtb! laugh

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Where's Quick Carl or Ranting??

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Well,they are trying out their Lott's on Lott's and Lott's of gallon jugs. They need Lott's of practice with their Lott's.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Well,they are trying out their Lott's on Lott's and Lott's of gallon jugs. They need Lott's of practice with their Lott's.

grin

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Good thing we are not talking about a Winchester,Remington or Weatherby big bore. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Your right. I would have a “Lott” or difficulty coming up with very many lines with those as options! grin Sorry, couldn’t resist! memtb

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
We could use Gibbs,for instance... I would Gibbs a Lott of money for a Rigby rifle. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
We could use Gibbs,for instance... I would Gibbs a Lott of money for a Rigby rifle. wink

OK! I wonder if Gibbs, or NCIS, owns and shoots a “Gibbs”! memtb

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
That is Gibbs question and one I don't know a Lott about.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I bought a 458 Lott purely for the heck of it. I also have a 458 Win. I have no defined use for either, other than just because. The notion at the time was to load 400 grain bullets in both.
I got side tracked with 416's and 350 grain bullets. So the 458's pretty much just sit in the safe a whole lot. Were they stainless, perhaps that would be actually used. A stainless in a Mark II / Hawkeye Ruger and a Lott in a stainless M70 Classic might see some use. But, the 416 Ruger and 416 Rem are my favorites in above .375.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Rumor has it, that either one works pretty good on rabbits....jacks or cottontails! memtb

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
I heard that also.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I once owned a CZ550 in .458 Win Mag. At the time I could have bought a CZ550 Lott at the same price. However, I didn't buy the Lott for several reasons I'll not go into here, but I was getting "Lott" ballistics anyway by seating the heavy bullets long. At the time, .458 brass was more available than Lott brass, and cheaper.

Today, I own a Ruger #1 in .458 Win Mag and easily get 2300 fps from 500s, 2400 fps from 450s and 2760 fps from the 350 TSX. And I'm not alone in those results from the .458 Win Mag using not only A2230 but other more modern powders. Mine has a 24" barrel.

There's a long ongoing 136 page thread about all that on AR.

Bob
www.bigbores.ca

Last edited by CZ550; 06/15/19.

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Ranting
If I shoot 458 win mag brass in the lott what will it do to the brass?? nothing ?? or stretch it out?? >> I have a lot of virgin brass in the win mag and as I build up the lott brass

The cases will only stretch if there is too much headspace - and could happen to either 458WM or 458Lott brass. The only problem using 458WM brass may be that you get mis-feeds/jamming thanks to the shorter brass and steeper feeding angle.

Both "headspace" on the belt...

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
i keep a Ruger # 1 458 Lott at my shop just for conversation and i got it at a great price too. who know`s maybe the next Dirty Harry movie Harry " Clint Eastwood" will need to borrow this great old # 1 458 Lott for a movie ? otherwise if someone figures out how to create a big meat eat`n dinosaur hopefully a 458 Lott can kill it quickly ?

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
675 members (12308300, 12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 73 invisible), 2,684 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,614
Posts18,398,421
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.