Print Thread
Hop To
M
mod7rem Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
A friend of mine got a good deal on two new TriggerTech Primary triggers one for his Rem 700 and one for me to see if I could modify it to work in my model 7. I installed his trigger first then started working with mine. The trigger fits fine but as you know the safety lever and bolt release mechanism are different.
I took the safety lever off and was able to heat & bend a little at a time until it fit nicely. Then refinished it.
Then I had to make a new bolt release mechanism. The original is close to .030” thick and the closest I had was .025” Stainless shims. It took some messing around but worked out decent. The shim stock is springier than the original but appears to be stiff enough. I’ll see how it holds up over time.

And I really like this trigger.

Here’s a short video and couple pictures.

https://imgur.com/a/yZxnedw

Last edited by mod7rem; 03/13/19.
GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Looks like a really nice job you did there. Thanks for sharing!

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Looks pretty good. Hope it holds up well for you.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
M
mod7rem Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Thanks guys, I thought I’d share the results just in case any one else is thinking of trying the same thing.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Quick question - is the bolt release a once piece of stainless bent into shape? Would it need to be stiffer on the upper 90 degree bend with a tiny filler piece soldered, or in another way attached to stiffen? You have worked the new functional piece. Would you do it any different? Just asking, and not to infer it should be different.

IC B2

M
mod7rem Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by sierraHunter
Quick question - is the bolt release a once piece of stainless bent into shape? Would it need to be stiffer on the upper 90 degree bend with a tiny filler piece soldered, or in another way attached to stiffen? You have worked the new functional piece. Would you do it any different? Just asking, and not to infer it should be different.

Yes, the bolt release is one piece of stainless bent into shape. The only thing I would do different is add a small 90 degree bend along the length of the upper piece. I actually did but i had to do it as a first bend. when I got closer to being finished realized the top piece stuck out a bit to far from the trigger body and bound up in the stock and had to cut it off. It’s easiest to do as a first bend but I may still try and do it. I think if I had some .030” material it wouldn’t be a problem.

Last edited by mod7rem; 03/15/19.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by mod7rem

Yes, the bolt release is one piece of stainless bent into shape. The only thing I would do different is add a small 90 degree bend along the length of the upper piece. I actually did but i had to do it as a first bend. when I got closer to being finished realized the top piece stuck out a bit to far from the trigger body and bound up in the stock and had to cut it off. It’s easiest to do as a first bend but I may still try and do it. I think if I had some .030” material it wouldn’t be a problem.

Thanks for the response.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice work! I’ve been thinking about doing this same thing. Thanks for posting.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
M
mod7rem Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by mod7rem

Thanks for the response.

Even without the stiffening bend and .025” material, it seems plenty stiff enough the way it is so I’m probably overthinking it.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I fit a triggertech on a 7 last year. If I remember right I used the original trigger bolt release and milled the housing of the new trigger to operate. It worked just fine and was the method Triggertech recommended.

Shoot straight, shoot often
IC B3

M
mod7rem Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by msalm
I fit a triggertech on a 7 last year. If I remember right I used the original trigger bolt release and milled the housing of the new trigger to operate. It worked just fine and was the method Triggertech recommended.

I considered doing that myself, but wound up trying this way first.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

270 members (1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 2UP, 26 invisible), 1,739 guests, and 908 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,601
Posts18,454,619
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.