Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I have heard of counterfeit Leupold's but thought it would never happen to me.
I bought a Leupold on-line for a great deal (I thought), when I opened the box a few things stuck out to me. The power dial had the numbers on the front side of the ring instead of the back and went from 4.5 to 14 in the opposite direction of any of my other Leupold's. On the Gold ring inscription it looked pretty good except the lettering was white instead of black. when I took off the windage and elevation caps....no no no those are not Leupy dial's.
I have an identical scope (in theory) but the new one is 3/4" longer, the final straw was looking through it. the glass is green!!!!!!!!

I called Leupold and gave them the serial#, they said they have seen several counterfeit's with the same number, a number Leupold has never used.

I guess tomorrow we will see if it is a full refund or possible property damage.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Was it an Ebay purchase?

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Yes it was, I have got a few great deals over the years there but I'm done with them now

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry you got taken and hope you get a refund. Stick to known dealers of scopes (SWFA/Brownell's/et al) or members here on this forum and you won't go wrong. Leupold makes it easy with a list of authorized dealers:

https://www.leupold.com/locator

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I hope you get your money back.

IC B2

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The non-counterfeit ones not much better these days.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Link to the ad? So we can tell you how bad it was... Or learn from it. smile

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Was a time when if you setup ebay to only display US sellers you were safe BUT now US based sellers are getting in it.

Ted
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
eBay will get your money back but you have to go to resolution page and open a case. If seller refuses to refund your money after messaging them after a few days etc... eBay will make a judgement on the case and every one of them I’ve had to open ruled in my favor and refunded my money. It’s just a hassle but better than losing your money.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Don't forget to mention in your feedback that this guys scopes are fakes.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by boatanchor
I have heard of counterfeit Leupold's but thought it would never happen to me.
I bought a Leupold on-line for a great deal (I thought), when I opened the box a few things stuck out to me. The power dial had the numbers on the front side of the ring instead of the back and went from 4.5 to 14 in the opposite direction of any of my other Leupold's. On the Gold ring inscription it looked pretty good except the lettering was white instead of black. when I took off the windage and elevation caps....no no no those are not Leupy dial's.
I have an identical scope (in theory) but the new one is 3/4" longer, the final straw was looking through it. the glass is green!!!!!!!!

I called Leupold and gave them the serial#, they said they have seen several counterfeit's with the same number, a number Leupold has never used.

I guess tomorrow we will see if it is a full refund or possible property damage.

Hope you get your money back. Be sure to leave negative feedback and explain why. This will help get rid of scammers via making other ebayers aware that they’re selling fakes! Good luck.

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Sorry about that, i always asking for the serial number so i can check, be it leupold, nf, vortex.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Was this the Leupold 3xi that was supposed to be a smokin' black Friday deal that started a huge buying frensy hear on the forum?

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Just read an article in the local news rag about a guy that was importing these fake Leupolds and selling them on his website and on eBay. The postal inspectors and a bunch of different law enforcement agencies were involved. Sounded like he was looking at some jail time.

CulMar Outdoors was his business name.

Brad
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Let’s Go Brandon
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Do they track better than the real Leupolds?

LOL
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by dragonfly
Was this the Leupold 3xi that was supposed to be a smokin' black Friday deal that started a huge buying frensy hear on the forum?

NO. As has been previously stated in several other threads, those deals were legit and from a long-time e-bayer with excellent feedback.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Boatanchor: Sorry to hear of the scam you got taken up in - good luck getting your refund.
Sad that ANYONE would be debase enough to take advantage of good honest people like I know you are!
By the way there is a 25% chance I will be doing the Billings, Montana gunshow on the weekend of the 13th and 14th of April.
Again sorry, and good luck to ya.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
That known fraudulent fakers are "allowed" to operate on flea-bay tells me all I need to know, hope you get satisfactory recourse.

Trump Won!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by cleanbarrel
Don't forget to mention in your feedback that this guys scopes are fakes.

I think if your deal gets refunded you can't leave feedback, no?

It's total bullchit Ebay is allowing...

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H

Sometimes those "good deals" wind up being really expensive... I quit Ebay several years ago....If you paid with Paypal, no friends and family, or a credit card you can get your money back. May be a pain in the rear end and take a few weeks but better than losing your money..

"Pride is the only disease that makes everyone sick except the one that has it"
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
769 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 12308300, 76 invisible), 3,008 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,715
Posts18,400,368
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.