Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by micky
I know Tikka makes them too. Whether they are imported is a different question.

I posted about a lightweight Tikka model up top -- a 9.3 x 62 in a 6.2 lb rifle. eek laugh

Tikka does make many rifle models in 9.3 x 62, but unfortunately Micky hit the nail on the head: which models are imported to the US?

I can't say I like the plastic feel of many of the Tikka models, but as I've got older I find that light weight sure goes a long way to making up for many shortcomings!

John

GB1

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don’t forget to look at sauer 100. They offer different finishes now. Wish I would have waited. Oh well.
It is Great rifle! Just not a lot of after market for them like a tikka, Or other popular brands.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a M12 like this and it has become one of my favorite rifles of all time. It's accurate, light, easy to clean, functions ridiculously smoothly, irons are very functional, has a proper safety and even a detachable magazine that can be easily loaded while in place... Mauser cartridge graced with a Mauser rifle...

https://www.mauser.com/en/m12/m12-extreme.html

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JLimbo
Originally Posted by Sako76
Ruger African, the older model Hawkeye.

[Linked Image][/URL][/img]

Here's my 9.3 African, the older model. It's a little portly a bit over 9# scoped but I don't think I would want one much lighter. Using JB's full pressure loads it's a thumper and one of my most accurate rifles.

Great looking rifle! cool

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I went the JES rebore route on a Rem 700 30-06. No reason to look back as far as I'm concerned. Used 700, 30-06s w or w/o sights are all over the place and pretty much a dime a dozen. Add $225 or so for JES rebore service and you're into a 9.3x62 for next to nothing.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hudge
Originally Posted by jerrywoodswalker
Mine's a Winchester Model 70 'Classic' stainless that was a .270 Win that JES rebored.

Accurate and easy to shoot well; We shoot eggs offhand at 50 yards with .22's at my range. Gave it a try with my 9.3 a couple of times and was surprised that I could give the 22's a run for their money.

The stainless was the clincher for me.

Jerry

Interesting about the .270 being rebored. I will show my stupidity on this topic, I am following a very similar discussion on another forum and someone mentioned it had to be a .30-06 to rebore to 9.3x63 and not a .270. I never understood why that was, but I would think any gun based on a .30-06 caliber could be rebored to 9.x62.

Hudge,

I'd heard the same thing... so I called JES and it was not a problem.

Maybe it is with someone else who is re-boring rifle barrels?

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
As far as the MCA Goes it will only allow two down and feeds fine for those two. The hang up is the neck is too thick and rubs on the little bar that comes up from each side on the out side part of the mag. It looks like a little judicious filing or dremel would take care of it. I will not be attempting that until I find a spare mag assembly to try it on. It looks like a .338-06 or .35 Whelen wouldn’t have any trouble at all

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
https://www.eurooptic.com/Sauer-100-Classic-XT-93x62.aspx

Sauer 100 XT 9.3x62.

Takes a 5 round DBM, that sells for $50.

Or if you want to spend a bit more:

https://www.eurooptic.com/sauer-101-forest-xt-93x62.aspx

Takes the same 5 round mag.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Mine's a Winchester Model 70 'Classic' stainless that was a .270 Win that JES rebored.

Accurate and easy to shoot well; We shoot eggs offhand at 50 yards with .22's at my range. Gave it a try with my 9.3 a couple of times and was surprised that I could give the 22's a run for their money.

Jerry

Interesting about the .270 being rebored. I will show my stupidity on this topic, I am following a very similar discussion on another forum and someone mentioned it had to be a .30-06 to rebore to 9.3x63 and not a .270. I never understood why that was, but I would think any gun based on a .30-06 caliber could be rebored to 9.x62.

Hudge,

Jerry

If you look at the 9.3x62 brass you will see that the shoulder is already more forward than either 270 or 30-06. Further when the rebore is done the original neck length of the 270 has been removed with the rebore. Thus 270 or 06 are easily bored out and rechambered to the 9.3x62 and will from that point on shoot factory ammo.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sierraHunter

Jerry

Hudge,

Jerry

If you look at the 9.3x62 brass you will see that the shoulder is already more forward than either 270 or 30-06. Further when the rebore is done the original neck length of the 270 has been removed with the rebore. Thus 270 or 06 are easily bored out and rechambered to the 9.3x62 and will from that point on shoot factory ammo.

Good to know! I have been thinking about a 9.3x62 project since following a couple of different forum threads about them. I am going to put the project idea on hold for now. I'm going to concentrate on a few other things I need to wrap up when I get home, and then once I am back working and my VA crap sorted out, I'll probably pick the idea of the project up and run with it. Of course I'm going to have to buy the wife something bright and shiny so she doesn't complain.

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

204 members (30Gibbs, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 345dl, 1_deuce, 264mag, 32 invisible), 2,694 guests, and 1,016 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,633
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.