Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Originally Posted by Hudge
Now the state needs to disband the whole organization.
Exactly, they voted 5-2 to let her remain as commisioner, those 5 need to be let go pronto.

The primary work of that Commission seems to involve forcing employers to keep marginal employees in dysfunctional offices. No one with enough sense to get and hold a decent job would ever need them. They are nothing but a serious drain...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good! I've been following this thread-glad they final got rid of her. Good riddance.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by 340boy
Good! I've been following this thread-glad they final got rid of her. Good riddance.

They didn’t get rid of her. She retired.

All the guys want to be me, and all the bitches want to do me.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Clyde, Governors don't like to fire bureaucrats if they think it might impact their voter base even 1 little bit. He may damn well have told her you can announce your retirement or get fired losing some benefits or just the stigma of being canned. ? MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Guess she isn’t going to write that apology.. Gotta stand on non principles!

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by las
Guess she isn’t going to write that apology.. Gotta stand on non principles!

She wouldnt dare not write that apology! The Board would throw a hissy fit! And just from the photo you can tell what a hissy fit like that would look like!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Clydesdale

Semantics...

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Face saving all around. Done deal in the hearing.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I doubt it... that would have involved the entire Board agreeing... two were very open about her need to leave.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Funny how things turn out - she can’t park in the lot anymore.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
https://mustreadalaska.com/thats-three-out-chairman-of-human-rights-commission-also-quits/

And two more go away... the Chairman and vice-chairman of the Board (both voting for her retention) have quit.

That’s three out: Chairman of Human Rights Commission also quits

The chairman of the Alaska Human Rights Commission has resigned, Must Read Alaska has learned.

Brandon Nakasato’s resignation comes on the heels of the resignation of the vice chair, Freddie R. Olin IV, and after the resignation of the agency’s executive director Marti Buscaglia.

Five of the seven commissioners voted to retain Buscaglia after she abused the constitutional rights of an Alaskan who had parked his truck in the parking lot of the Human Rights Commission on A Street in Anchorage. His truck decal said “Black Rifles Matter,” and Buscaglia used her business card to write a note to the owner telling him to get his offensive sticker out of the parking lot. It is a Second Amendment decal and she thought it might be hate speech.

[Read: Human Rights Commission director resigns]

[Read: Black Rifles Matter: House members call for commissioners to resign]

After an investigation was conducted and a report submitted to the commission, many expected Buscaglia to be fired, but the majority of the members, who are volunteers, said she should just receive a 15-day suspension and provide an apology to the public. She resigned the next business day.

Two of the five commissioners who voted to retain her have now resigned. The chair, Nakasato, is a research analyst with the Department of Health and Social Services.

The governor now must replace two commissioners, which will likely change the Human Rights Commission governing body to a more constitutionally sensitive majority who will be in charge of hiring the next executive director.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Same result, no?

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Little late there... must have been all the time it took to C&P.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Gov should not "replace" any of these people. Promote from within the ranks (without then filling THAT position anew) if anyone is qualified and reduce the number of parasites doing virtually nothing for big bucks. Reduce bureaucracy by attrition, if he cannot eliminate paid positions any other way.

Oops- I see commissars are volunteers. Without expense accounts, I hope.

Last edited by las; 04/09/19.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
See what happens when you have TWO cups of coffee? grin

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
I doubt it... that would have involved the entire Board agreeing... two were very open about her need to leave.

You are no doubt right as far as the publicized hearing results goes. Private backroom deals are another matter. Not that we will ever know.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Clyde, Governors don't like to fire bureaucrats if they think it might impact their voter base even 1 little bit. He may damn well have told her you can announce your retirement or get fired losing some benefits or just the stigma of being canned. ? MB

Mag. Bob,
In this case the gal in question did not work for the Governor. She worked for the Commission. They were the ones with the authority to retain or dismiss. There is no doubtin my mind that our gov. had just a peach more of a part in her resignation than we will ever know. Ok by me certainly...
bhtr

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Same result, no?

Probably made a big difference in her severance package...

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Good riddance to them and hopefully the other 3 will follow them out the door.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

462 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 55 invisible), 2,910 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,558
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.