Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Fotis Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Broken record...LOL

The facts or you do not upset me anymore Lawrence.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fotis
Broken record...LOL

The facts or you do not upset me anymore Lawrence.

Kchuntis,

Your keyboard is slurring.

Akin to asking..."what kind of mileage do green pickups get?". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Projectile selection is predicated upon RPM,Throat Geometry and COAL latitude.

Bless your heart for trying though.

Pardon them facts upsetting you.

Hint.

Laughing!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Match the bullet to the game.

RPM,Throat Geometry and COAL latitude is for paper punchers or do nothings like you bs.

This javelina did not care one bit about RPM,Throat Geometry or COAL latitude.
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunt,

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that besides being a CLUELESS Fhuqk,that you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Didja' yet again "forget" about your Imaginary Pretend Ignore? Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon ALL things The Rifle,being well beyond your "means","abilities" and "comprehension".

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

Laughing!............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Decided to first try the 140 Nosler Accubond. Will advise of results----after Blizzard! grin

Not to rain on your parade but I've been trying for some kind of accuracy with the 150 gr. ABLR in three 7x57s and a .280 Remington. I got an easy 2800 FPS from the 7x57 but no luck getting decent groups. I don't think it's a twist rate problem as on rifle has a 1in 8.5" twist. Not sure what the Ruger and Winchester twists are. Kind of surprising as the Winchester M70 FWT has been a tack driver with every thing else I've tried. Apparently some people have good luck with them right from the start. So far I just haven't been so lucky.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gunning Nuzzlers,is akin to pulling spark plug wires out from under the hood.

Hint..............

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
You don't know

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Gunning Nuzzlers,is akin to pulling spark plug wires out from under the hood.

Hint..............

They got me in the P100.

Apparently you're just a [bleep] archer.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cite the Nuzzler that'll hang with the .284" 180 ELD.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I could find out my buddies load for his 7-08 with 120 grain TTSX. He's a cow killing fool with his Ruger and that bullet. However, I'm sure the AB will kill just as well.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Have only seen (5) .284" 120 X's flung towards Mooses and they all punched a tag.

That being said...we've come a Looooonnnnnggggggggggg ways baby and the 180 ELD is simply a fhuqking Phenom.

Hint.....................

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by PJGunner
Decided to first try the 140 Nosler Accubond. Will advise of results----after Blizzard! grin

Not to rain on your parade but I've been trying for some kind of accuracy with the 150 gr. ABLR in three 7x57s and a .280 Remington. I got an easy 2800 FPS from the 7x57 but no luck getting decent groups. I don't think it's a twist rate problem as on rifle has a 1in 8.5" twist. Not sure what the Ruger and Winchester twists are. Kind of surprising as the Winchester M70 FWT has been a tack driver with every thing else I've tried. Apparently some people have good luck with them right from the start. So far I just haven't been so lucky.
Paul B.

I tried several different recipes with the 150 ABLR. No luck in accuracy despite a darn good attempt.

The vanilla AB is a great choice.

The 150 ELDX also shoots lights out and kills right now.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Fotis Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Hey Lawrence:

What deer or antelope is going to care about any of these things from 20 - 300 yards????

Find ME wrong now. Every time there is a question about loads bullets guns you quote super high BC, twist, throat etc. Yes they have their place but not all mandatory for all hunting.

Dude, you act as if someone handed you a 30-30 and a survival pack, you would literally starve in the woods.

And in conclusion why am I sitting here trying to educate a lepton?

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Kchuntis,

Your "understanding",bears less than ZERO upon Facts & Physics. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I get it,that you are a Brokedick Day Dreaming Do Nothing DUMB Fhuqk,that only "shoots" her mouth and Imagination,which is what your "experience" is predicated upon and that's the ONLY reason it is soooooooooo fhuqking FUNNY! Hint.

Pardon my shooting it all and then some...if only to your WELL founded Insecurities and chagrin. Hint.

Be SURE to make ALL the excuses you need,to "justify" your EPIC Dumbfhuqktitude. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by TJAY
2880 fps in 3/4" but I have to confirm this with several more groups.

3/4” is unacceptable

Red Death, 150 ELDX

[Linked Image]

Red Death, 140 Partition

[Linked Image]

Red Death, 140 AB, 200 yards, kinda windy

[Linked Image]

Superlite, 140 Partition

[Linked Image]

P

Show off!

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like both the 120 and 140 NBT's. Been going 140 mostly for a while now. Seems to be a very tough bullet but I have only shot deer and hogs with it. Zips right through even big hogs. However, I could give a rats ass about BC as I am not shooting at game over about 300 yards. I don't think a bonded bullet is necessary for the 7mm-08.

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
The 120 Barnes shoulda be great.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CWT
I like both the 120 and 140 NBT's. Been going 140 mostly for a while now. Seems to be a very tough bullet but I have only shot deer and hogs with it. Zips right through even big hogs. However, I could give a rats ass about BC as I am not shooting at game over about 300 yards. I don't think a bonded bullet is necessary for the 7mm-08.

The Dumber you are...the "better" Nuzzler is. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!................

Fotis Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by CWT

The Dumber you are...the "better" Nuzzler is. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!................

See did I not just tell everybody that these bullets will NOT work.

They do not Jive with Lawrence's geometry, throat, or RPM. These kinda bounce off deer at 200 yards from a 7mm-08. LOL

On a serious note I have taken a lot of game with the 7mm-08 and the 120 BT at 3030 fps via Varget. I was just trying to minimalize my components. Too many guns

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Kchuntis,

You "forgot" about your Imaginary Pretend Ignore,went right to being a fhuqking snivelling "victim" and didn't cite a fhuqking thing germane to projectile selection. Hint. Congratulations?!?

On top of that,you lied about your Imaginary Pretend Ignore and flaunt your very WELL founded Insecurities. Hint.

Bless your heart for tRYINg.

Hint.

Laughing!.................

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

724 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 70 invisible), 3,075 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,485
Posts18,451,922
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.