Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What a flippin' mess!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Just for perspective, Nebraska has 79,082 miles of river (think that’s #1 in the nation) and everyone of them flooded.

[Linked Image]

Yeah, no.

Yes and yes sorry.
https://www.reference.com/geography/state-miles-rivers-5bf7b835e507e358

Nebraska has more miles of rivers than any other state in the nation. Four major rivers exist in Nebraska, in addition to smaller ones. The Platte, the Niobrara, the Missouri and the Republican all drain many square miles of land.

The Platte River, which starts at the city of North Platte, is formed from the North Platte River and the South Platte River and eventually empties into the Missouri River. The Platte flows through the center of the state from west to east. The Niobrara River also crosses the state from west to east, but it goes through the northern part of the state and flows into the Missouri River. The Republican River crosses the southern portion of the state.

Swifty
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Interesting about Nebraska having more river miles than any other state! I’d have been sure that Alaska was #1 but they aren’t, Nebraska is although Alaska has more rivers than Nebraska it doesn’t have more river miles (which is hard to wrap my mind around). I did some quick googling and that seems correct.

My thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by flooding. I know have devastating and life changing they can be and have performed a lot of rescues when we had a “hundred year flood” years ago. Things can be replaced, memories last forever but life is precious.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Shame they can’t pipe some of that water into Lake Meade.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It is a shame.
Many many people’s lives will be changed forever.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Just for perspective, Nebraska has 79,082 miles of river (think that’s #1 in the nation) and everyone of them flooded.

[Linked Image]

Yeah, no.

Yes and yes sorry.
https://www.reference.com/geography/state-miles-rivers-5bf7b835e507e358

Nebraska has more miles of rivers than any other state in the nation. Four major rivers exist in Nebraska, in addition to smaller ones. The Platte, the Niobrara, the Missouri and the Republican all drain many square miles of land.

The Platte River, which starts at the city of North Platte, is formed from the North Platte River and the South Platte River and eventually empties into the Missouri River. The Platte flows through the center of the state from west to east. The Niobrara River also crosses the state from west to east, but it goes through the northern part of the state and flows into the Missouri River. The Republican River crosses the southern portion of the state.

And all with great historys.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Nebraska is flat. Kinda rhymes with Platte (as in river). However, beautiful country most of the time. I spend much time there.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's a good bit of the water from those 79k miles of river spilling over the levee on our side of the MO. We have some good folks from church who live down in the bottom that have only roofs above water right now. I brought up some steers one of them is feeding and stuck them in my feedlot on Friday. They'd be floating to Missouri now if they had been left there.

This is devastating.

I love living in and farming this hill ground.

Black Cows Matter!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (35, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 11 invisible), 1,361 guests, and 834 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,252
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.