Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Seem like old news but if an outfitter or booking agent ruffled my feathers, put money on me immediately making an issue over it, not a year later. It seems like the client here hasn't much to do....just sayin'.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Two sides to the story.

Just my simple observation, but whether on this forum or other forums, if it takes the allegedly aggrieved person months or years to "warn" others, then the issues are not what they seem, and the aggrieved party is often, if not usually, the source of the issue.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by AB2506
Two sides to the story.

Just my simple observation, but whether on this forum or other forums, if it takes the allegedly aggrieved person months or years to "warn" others, then the issues are not what they seem, and the aggrieved party is often, if not usually, the source of the issue.

have never understood someone "hinting" about how they got treated on a hunt......if you got something to say..say it or shut up..

so it( looks) like a simple case of this al , lying to get attention...…..him being a good old boy and all...….safari man syndrome……...bob

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
subtle and discreet online reviews are a joke,

Most often the OP comes out looking bad rather than the outfitter,

Similar to references from outfitters, cherry picked and so misleading....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So he gets information from you to book the hunt and doesn’t actually book it through you and goes straight to the outfitter? Did you get a commission or was the hunt price negotiated down? Not that it matters, I’m just curios

You’d think that email where he says he was happy with the hunt tells us the entire story but when you can tie that in with the last correspondence you had with Al being March 21 and this post being started on March 21 that’s unreal.

Al? What’s the word? Have anything else to add?

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

I will say again....my dealings with the atchesons…...have been straight up...3 hunts with the outfitter they recommended...…

I would use them again, and recommend them...….bob

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BobMt

I will say again....my dealings with the atchesons…...have been straight up...3 hunts with the outfitter they recommended...…

I would use them again, and recommend them...….bob

I have friends and clients that have hunted all over the world for sheep using them and haven’t had any issues at all

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Way back in the early 80s I wanted to kill a big antelope.
I booked one of my few guided hunts through them.
I once stopped by their place in Butte and the old man gave me a full tour of the place, I was just a kid at the time, but he took time to show me around Jack Jr was polite and cordial as well.
They did me good on the goat too...

[Linked Image]

Proud NRA Life Member
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

nice goat....bob

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Bob.

Proud NRA Life Member
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I am really wondering what is going on here. There are three sides to every story, Your side, their side, and somewhere in-between all that the truth.

I don't know that I would ever use Jack Atcheson & Sons services but wouldn't rule it out either. I don't see any credible proof of the accusations against Atcheson &Sons.

Did you employ Atcheson & Sons services? Can you show us proof of that? Sounds to me they did you a favor and gave you a recommendation.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[quote=hanco]Progressed backwards is a good term. I’m stealing it too.[/quo

Kind of like saying took a Strategic position to the rear!! Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by yukonal
I recently had a disappointing elk hunt, booked thru them. They lied about the guide/outfitter, misrepresented how the horseback hunt would be conducted, and then have not followed through on how a future hunt would be arranged.

When I finally contacted Keith today, he was belligerent, and rude in his response to me concerning the way I've been treated. Jack Sr would rip Keith a new one, if he were still around.

Heads up for any of you considering booking thru them. There is a good chance it would not play out as described by them.

are you going to clear this up...….or continue to lie ( so it seems )……...to lie about someone in business , to cause them financial harm....is really being a chicken shct……...bob

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
FWIW

I called and spoke with them three years ago re. a hunt in Alberta..Very vague answers to my questions and the area of the hunt. Just no details at all.

I was not ready to commit thousands of dollars without some concrete info on the hunt.

Lefty C

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Good 'ol YukonAl has some explaining to do now.

How do you know a Trump hater? They'll tell you.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I have no dog in this fight, but I must say that YukonAl's silence is curiously deafening since Keith Atcheson came on to refute his allegations.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman
I have no dog in this fight, but I must say that YukonAl's silence is curiously deafening since Keith Atcheson came on to refute his allegations.

I don’t have a dog in the fight either and have always gotten along with Al so I hate bumping this to the top but an explanation would be nice. This type of behavior is inexcusable IMO

I know a guy that’s hunted with Al, I am going to get his take

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman

I don’t have a dog in the fight either and have always gotten along with Al so I hate bumping this to the top but an explanation would be nice. This type of behavior is inexcusable IMO

I know a guy that’s hunted with Al, I am going to get his take

Until he can show a contract with Jack Atcheson & Sons, YukonAl has no legitimate bitch. If and when he shows that contract he still has a lot of explaining to do.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
X2!

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Well he logged on 48 min ago..... hmmm

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 47 invisible), 2,657 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,597
Posts18,454,376
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.