Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by watch4bear
[Linked Image]

Yep, I'm feeling like we were conned. Many people risked their jobs/careers, friendships, and even personal safety, to support him based on his promises, and he doesn't seem much to care about them.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
phugg the NRA

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

MOLON LABE

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by watch4bear
phugg the NRA

Now you're talking. Join Gun Owners of America.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Or join the Second Amendment Foundation.
They do great work and don't stuff your mailbox.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
phugg em both; you idiots will lose your guns before I do. Florida and Washington are both chitholes already. Your days are numbered grin

MOLON LABE

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Oohhh a OK there bear. Whatever you say.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
BTW If I laugh at you stupid phuggs; know I really mean it grin

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gun Control — Remove the ability to defend themselves from the Government. That way you are able to create a police state.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I'm sure you do. Like what else is there?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
? Does anybody know how we can oust Wayne from his position of dictator of the NRA and end his reign of using our organization as his personal cash cow? Then maybe we could turn our considerable financial resources to the real fight for our liberty. As it is now he names the president of the NRA and the board members. I have to give the devil his due, he has been able to scam millions of otherwise intelligent people.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Two things.........first, at some point in time, probably sooner rather than later, there will be some serious gun control legislation that will become the law of the land. In other words, it will pretty much do away with the Second Amendment.......and it will be supported by a majority of the politicians in BOTH parties, the SCOTUS, and the NRA. The NRA will say that it is necessary in order to hold onto the rest of our rights.

Secondly....I don't know of anyone, other than a fool, and there are quite a few of those around, who would not support a law that would keep guns, along with other deadly weapons, out of the hands of people who desire to use them to take the lives of innocent people. But, therein lies the rub......how do you determine who those people are? We do not live in a perfect world, one whereby we would know who is, and who isn't, a dangerous threat to society. I might get mad at my neighbor and decide to pay him back by falsely reporting that he is a dangerous man, and then he would be red flagged and could not buy a gun....when in fact, it would be that was the bad guy, and he the good one.

I can see all sorts of differing scenarios, but, I do agree with those who say something needs to be done to keep guns out of the hands of someone who intends on using a gun to commit a crime with. I just don't know how you go about doing it without stepping on the rights of the innocent people.
You're a full-blown retard. Literally ineducable.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Red Flag laws are characterized by the absence of due process. "Due process" after the tyrannical act is already complete (which is what the NRA was advocating in the video above) isn't due process.

If you respect due process, you understand that we've already had laws in place for a century or more for dealing with dangerously mentally ill, and it involves bringing them before a court and, before they are denied their rights, finding them incompetent to be free in a fair trial involving representation and facing accusers.

I would go along with this except for all the times it has failed. What is wrong with debating better ways to solve a problem?

To do more takes you outside the realm of liberty and law and places you in the realm of tyranny, and all that this implies. In a free society, we accept that evil is at liberty to do evil, but good folks, under liberty, are armed so as to limit the extent of the evil these folks are able to accomplish.

OK, by all means, lets not debate debate the issue...
Once you agree to "have the conversation", you are already screwed. Your neighbor is selling a used pickup for $5k then you are welcome to negotiate or "debate" the price. When it comes to inalienable rights, you are not welcome to negotiate mine away. There are already methods in place to deal with crazy folk that don't violate their rights, let alone those who are not crazy.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by 700LH
And this from the NRA position:

The process should require the judge to make a determination of whether the person meets the state standard for involuntary commitment. Where the standard for involuntary commitment is met, this should be the course of action taken.

The NRA has it partly correct yet doesn't take the protections far enough...

Unless a person is mentally deficient enough to be placed on at least a 72-hour involuntary hold by authorities and then after having at least two mental professionals diagnosed and then in court adjudicated as such, they should not lose the right to keep and bear arms..NOTHING LESS IS ACCEPTABLE!!!

You act as if the only two alternatives are laws to your liking, or nothing. That's not how real life actually works. If you see that you are going to be in a car crash, and it can't be avoided, should you not still (when applicable) step on the brake to lessen the impact?

I thought we already had a law called the Second Amendment that pretty well covered it.

M7

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Horse left the barn on this issue years ago.

All it takes is a human with internal gonads ta say she's afraid of ya, and ya get served with an ex parte order takin away your guns.

And ya don't get em back til ya win a hearing before a "impartial" judge.

An "impartial" judge that's worked for years and spent a buncha $ and called in favors ta get the job.

An "impartial" judge that DGAS whether or not your rights are infringed, but knows that bout the only way to lose the gig is ta *not* issue an order of protection and the complaining @sshole gets killed.

So, the default is ta grant the order, poor bastard on the other end be damned.

It'll be the same with red flag.

How can a judge *not* enter an order and run the risk of somebody main a headline, and them not gettin re-elected?

Never gonna happen.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ModelSeven
I thought we already had a law called the Second Amendment that pretty well covered it.M7
That's what I thought also.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
700LH Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by ModelSeven
I thought we already had a law called the Second Amendment that pretty well covered it.M7
That's what I thought also.

That organization that keeps telling us how they are protecting our gun rights haven't been doing a very good job the last 50 years have they?

I keep reading that without them we would lose those rights, seems we are losing our rights with them one step at a time anyway.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

599 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 160user, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 72 invisible), 2,031 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,263
Posts18,448,214
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.