Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Allen917
Good Post!

You got it pretty well correct on each point. I will keep donating to the NRA, and all the others also. Membership numbers and money is what makes them all effective!

anybody that owns guns should belong to the nra…….if all gun owners belonged, we wouldn't have the fight we have now...….bob

GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
IndyCA35,

Good post.
Been a lifer for about 30 years and upped a few levels.
It never ceases to amaze the number of free loader gun owners that can find a thing or two that the NRA did or did not do.
It ain’t perfect, but it’s by far the best we have, and has been for a long time.

NRA Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Return On Investment - envision the NRA as a publicly traded company: I wouldn't buy one share considering their lackluster performance over the decades. They'd be a penny stock outfit and the clown of Wall Street and Wayne LaPierre. would have been sacked a long time ago for his questionable leadership ability and playing fast and loose with the NRA's money.
AMEN

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by watch4bear
But the Red Flag laws would have to have due process, and not be based on unfounded allegations.

Due process is for losers.

Please explain as this sounds really stupid...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
But the Red Flag laws would have to have due process, and not be based on unfounded allegations.

Dumbass.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wife, girlfriend, friend, or family member can petition the court providing a written word or video of action or communicated language by a person they believe may be a danger to himself/herself others or the community.

The courts here in Oregon cannot immediately roll a State Police officer to the persons home after the petition has been presented to the court.

The courts has to provide a directive to the accused, allowing him/her time to find legal representation and present his side of the case to the court. Once that due process is completed. The judge will make a ruling based on both parties information. The judge can assign counseling, group therapy or confinement for a period of 72 hours mental hold...Or, the judge can dismiss the complaint if he finds it was brought with malice or intent to injure emotionally... iircc.

There is supposed to be a component in the paperwork that should the judge remove the firearms, the defendant must have an obtainable path to recovering his/her firearms...That’s How due process is supposed to work in Oregon. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Wife, girlfriend, friend, or family member can petition the court providing a written word or video of action or communicated language by a person they believe may be a danger to himself/herself others or the community.

The courts here in Oregon cannot immediately roll a State Police officer to the persons home after the petition has been presented to the court.

The courts has to provide a directive to the accused, allowing him/her time to find legal representation and present his side of the case to the court. Once that due process is completed. The judge will make a ruling based on both parties information. The judge can assign counseling, group therapy or confinement for a period of 72 hours metal hold...Or, the judge can dismiss the complaint if he finds it was brought with malice or intent to injure emotionally... iircc.

There is supposed to be a component in the paperwork that should the judge remove the firearms, the defendant must have an obtainable path to recovering his/her firearms...That’s How due process is supposed to work in Oregon. 😎

And to think we were just told that due process is for losers...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Liberals have repeatedly named their #1 enemy. It isn't the gun owner. It isn't the guy who spends his money on reloading stuff. It isn't the gun industry. It isn't even the other gun rights organizations.

It's the NRA.

And there's a reason for that.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Liberals have repeatedly named their #1 enemy. It isn't the gun owner. It isn't the guy who spends his money on reloading stuff. It isn't the gun industry. It isn't even the other gun rights organizations.

It's the NRA.

And there's a reason for that.

nuff said!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Rocky Raab: On that point Rocky Raab you are absolutely right on!
The N.R.A. is NOT perfect but without them our Second Amendment Rights would have LONG ago ceased to exist in this country!
Anyone who decries, denigrates, denounces or fails to support The N.R.A. is lazy, selfish cheap, stupid, short sighted and self destructive.
And YOU can tell them I (N.R.A. Patron Life Member).
Long live the Second Amendment and the N.R.A.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

W4B is being sarcastic. You have already essentially came out in favor of Red Flag Laws. Regardless of the 2nd Amendment, these are unconstitutional because they violate Due Process. Thus, I don't know why you'd have a problem with what he said. The idea of Due Process coming AFTER the punishment essentially has been doled out is ridiculous. This plus the fact that Red Flag Laws have already been proven ineffective in the states that have them. It is obvious that these laws target lawful gun owners and not crazies. There are already laws in place that target mentally unbalanced folks, and these are not used and are thus ineffective-so let's pass more laws. The Red Flag Laws essentially target the tool and not the user. The user is the danger. More tools can be acquired and if the specific tool for mass murder is not able to be required, other tools can be substituted.

The whole idea of Due Process is to do things in a sequence and properly. This is an end run around it, if not plowing right through it. The people ultimately behind this have total disarmament in mind, not preventing mass murder. If you could find a way to study it, you'd find that the percentage of psychopaths amongst the population of politicians is far higher than the average population.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wouldn’t describe it as “For Losers”. I would suggest that if you are NOT fully batschit crazy, and never plan on becoming crazy. Don’t make the biggest mistake many guys make...

And that’s date, fug or marry a crazy assed woman!.....It’s an almost guarantee that when the mad crazy love ends between you both...She will show you just how mad and crazy her hate can be for you by trashing your life temporarily with lies, made up stories of long suffered abuse, and portray you as an out of control, violent, gun freak who has verbally threatened to kill her the kids, and or both....

The Courts take this stuff very serious and will always error on the side of the plantiff using caution and worst case endings as a guide for the bench to secure weapons while the defendant is securing legal representation...Especially, if your crazy soon to be Ex is an excellent liar.

Use you head between your shoulders, not your Dick head when making decisions on who you think you will spend the rest of your life with....That fine Monkey meat you wanted so bad one day can become a Baboon Who’s gonna tear your dick and life apart. 😎

You’ve been warned....

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That is why I asked for an explanation. Sarcastic...maybe.

I have never come out in favor of any law that would violate Due Process.

All the existing Red Flag laws i have seen involve Due Process.

I responded to Beaver10 and his example of how Due Process works in his state.

Any new laws that violate Due Process would be quickly ruled invalid.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Return On Investment - envision the NRA as a publicly traded company: I wouldn't buy one share considering their lackluster performance over the decades. They'd be a penny stock outfit and the clown of Wall Street and Wayne LaPierre. would have been sacked a long time ago for his questionable leadership ability and playing fast and loose with the NRA's money.

Agree........gun control marches on yet the NRA execs continue to make huge salaries.

Say what you want but any off us would have lost our jobs a long time ago for producing the similar results.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
thank goodness for the NRA. 6 million members (should be 10X) lets the left know we have clout as a group. without them the members here couldn't form a good circle jerk.

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Rocky Raab: On that point Rocky Raab you are absolutely right on!
The N.R.A. is NOT perfect but without them our Second Amendment Rights would have LONG ago ceased to exist in this country!
Anyone who decries, denigrates, denounces or fails to support The N.R.A. is lazy, selfish cheap, stupid, short sighted and self destructive.
And YOU can tell them I (N.R.A. Patron Life Member).
Long live the Second Amendment and the N.R.A.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

This is right on. And the original poster, IndyCA35, VarmintGuy, Rocky Raab and a few others posters hit the nail on the head.
I'm a life member and have been for decades. The NRA is not perfect, but, they are working for me. I financially support them to help save YOUR rights.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That is why I asked for an explanation. Sarcastic...maybe.

I have never come out in favor of any law that would violate Due Process.

All the existing Red Flag laws i have seen involve Due Process.

I responded to Beaver10 and his example of how Due Process works in his state.

Any new laws that violate Due Process would be quickly ruled invalid.
My gosh...ALL Red Flag Laws violate Due Process. The whole idea of "due process"...forget it, I already explained it.

Yes, W4B is being sarcastic.

Do you even understand that the person is the threat, not the guns or whatever other tool they choose? As far as "quickly ruled invalid", are you aware of how long it took for the SCOTUS to even allow a gun control case to be brought before them, not to mention how long the Heller case took to rule on? Besides that, why should an obviously unconstitutional law be passed in the first place? My High School Civics class taught us that any law that was unconstitutional was itself, illegal.

Did you read the post awhile back detailing how a gun owner had his arsenal confiscated on some trumped up charges, by the ATF and then had his guns returned to him? They were ruined. It wasn't neglect either. Supposedly the ATF had literally stored them in barrels of saltwater and when he talked about suing them they threatened to bring him up on other charges.

Why should you have to prove you are not guilty in order for your guns to be returned? They shouldn't be taken in the first place unless you are proven guilty of some crime. They shouldn't be taken even if you are deemed nuts by some court. Let the family or friends have them. Why should the government get them? And if you are so dangerous you can't have guns you should be locked up, not medicated into oblivion.

The government and the people who own the government are a much bigger threat than all these boogeymen. Quit reading the St. Louis newspaper and watching CNN or even Fox and just look at what is going on around you.

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 03/17/19.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
So what you're saying since compromise on our end is ok as long as the NRA supports it, correct.?

1934 NFA act is and was very pertinent to today's discussions.

Largely because had the NRA opposed it then we likely wouldn't be trying to fight to get suppressors removed today

The red flag laws are a huge issue. The simple fact that they are ok with forcibly taking someone's property before a court hearing where Probable cause can be established is rediculous.

In regards to mentally ill people. Let's go back to locking them away in places such as belvue and whispering Hills.

What you clearly sidestep is the fact that the NRA needs gun control to further their own money raising.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
w4b is like the Big stick of the hunters campfire

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gitem_12
So what you're saying since compromise on our end is ok as long as the NRA supports it, correct.?

1934 NFA act is and was very pertinent to today's discussions.

Largely because had the NRA opposed it then we likely wouldn't be trying to fight to get suppressors removed today

The red flag laws are a huge issue. The simple fact that they are ok with forcibly taking someone's property before a court hearing where Probable cause can be established is rediculous.

In regards to mentally ill people. Let's go back to locking them away in places such as belvue and whispering Hills.

What you clearly sidestep is the fact that the NRA needs gun control to further their own money raising.
Well...this is spot-on.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (17CalFan, 12344mag, 222Sako, 1234, 160user, 204guy, 60 invisible), 2,306 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,619
Posts18,455,052
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.