B
Originally Posted by gemby58
Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Dash lights keep the car more colorful and interesting

-Jake

Yeah but that seat belt warning buzzer drives you up the wall

That's the truth

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
GB1

G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Is there any Pennsylvania car dealers in here that can verify a used certified vehicle is covered under the Lemon Law

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If you really like the car, but are just frustrated with the problem, then let the dealer work on it a little more. Just make sure you get copies of all the service visits. Dont know what the specifics of Pennsylvania's Lemon Law, are, but typically 3 times in 30 days is enough. If you want out, that is the way to go. BTW, I personally think the Toyota Certified Used Warranty is great--gives you 40,000 miles more than the original factory warranty for a vehicle that sells at half the price of a new one. I bought a used Land Cruiser with 40K miles on it about 15 years ago, and the 100,000 mark has rolled over twice and close to a third time since then. Just make sure they don't con you into an "Extended" warranty.

G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Limapapa
If you really like the car, but are just frustrated with the problem, then let the dealer work on it a little more. Just make sure you get copies of all the service visits. Dont know what the specifics of Pennsylvania's Lemon Law, are, but typically 3 times in 30 days is enough. If you want out, that is the way to go. BTW, I personally think the Toyota Certified Used Warranty is great--gives you 40,000 miles more than the original factory warranty for a vehicle that sells at half the price of a new one. I bought a used Land Cruiser with 40K miles on it about 15 years ago, and the 100,000 mark has rolled over twice and close to a third time since then. Just make sure they don't con you into an "Extended" warranty.

I agree three times is enough this is the fourth time it'll be in there, what's my way out?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
No Lemon Law for used cars. Take it back. Tell them you want your old car back and any money you’ve put out of pocket. If they refuse, go get a sheet of plywood and paint “Don’t buy here, they sell Lemons” with an arrow pointing towards the dealership. Park out front next to the road with a lawn chair. Set your sign up and wait. Won’t take but an hour (a few test drives from potential buyers) and the dealer will make it right. They don’t want the bad press.

IC B2

G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
This has to be fixed as there's other crazy things that go on like the heater you can have on low and it put out super hot air you can't control the temperature evidently that system that unit controls a lot more than just airbags and seatbelts

RLA Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I would take it back to dealer for money back.
if they do not want to work with you, contact Toyota North America.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’ve never seen an airbag warning light

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
And don’t believe ANYTHING the salesman says

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by RLA
I would take it back to dealer for money back.
if they do not want to work with you, contact Toyota North America.

oh they will work with me, they will want service to work on it for the forth time I will bet that, but after the first time it should have been fixed, I'm just glad i dont have to pay for it, they have a 30-day due slip if theres anything you dont like when you buy it.

IC B3

G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I’ve never seen an airbag warning light

I'll sell you a 2016 Rav4 with 28,000 miles with one on

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I would want to give it back.Even if they "fix" the problem,whats to say it wont be any issues after warranty is up.
Then you are on the hook.computer or something is obviously wonky.
My opinion is return it. ymmv

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have you spoke to the manager? Look on their website and find the top cheese and have a sit down with him / her. Have a civil, but frank discussion about the matter. Getting your blood pressure up won’t help.

I’ve been there before and it sucks. I was going to eat a $1200 refrigerator a few years ago just to get some closure. I loaded it up and parked in front of the entrance doors at Lowe’s. Unstrapped it and dropped the tailgate before going in. That POS was not going back home with me come hell or high water. As luck would have it, the store manager was the first person I saw as I strolled in. I was short, direct and to the point. He made it right and I stayed off the 6 o’clock news.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Aunt Bea would be proud of you!
smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's obvious the dealership is stalling because as was said in the one post, it's a relatively expensive fix to replace it. Just tell them to replace it or you want your money and old vehicle back.

G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
have a game plan tomorrow, will go back into the dealership and ask for the general manager. plan on telling him this will be the forth time its here for the same thing in three week and less than 1000 miles on it. Its obvious that the service dept dont know what's wrong with it and they dont know how to fix it. I will tell him I dont feel safe in it and the seat belt warning buzzer staying on was the last draw. Even if they can fix it I'm not happy with the car and how do I know that it will not happen in the future where it's going to cost money out of my pocket, this sounds like a recall problem. Ill see what he will do to make it right, nice thing about him being a general manager that there is someone over him., the owner. thanks for all the advise

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Makes me wonder if it came from a flooded area.
DING!

I think I would demand my money back
I wouldn't think...... I'd demand..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
have a game plan tomorrow, will go back into the dealership and ask for the general manager. plan on telling him this will be the forth time its here for the same thing in three week and less than 1000 miles on it. Its obvious that the service dept dont know what's wrong with it and they dont know how to fix it. I will tell him I dont feel safe in it and the seat belt warning buzzer staying on was the last draw. Even if they can fix it I'm not happy with the car and how do I know that it will not happen in the future where it's going to cost money out of my pocket, this sounds like a recall problem. Ill see what he will do to make it right, nice thing about him being a general manager that there is someone over him., the owner. thanks for all the advise

That's the guy.

The General Manager. NOT the General Sales Manager.

Good luck.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Makes me wonder if it came from a flooded area.
DING!

I think I would demand my money back
I wouldn't think...... I'd demand..

it was a lease from the same area, no flood here. did a car fax on it to see if anything was reported dealing with the air bag, came back clean no reported issues on anything. It's hard to believe that this [bleep] just started up since being traded in

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
told the service guy when I picked it up last time that if the light comes on again I want my old car back

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

507 members (16penny, 12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 39 invisible), 1,807 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,230
Posts18,447,730
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.