Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I remember the bad old days and can see that happening again. Think of it as an investment as a hedge against inflation. I bought 12 Mak 90s and 100 chinese 30 rd mags and 3 cases of Wolf AK fodder for a little less than$3000.00 During the height of the panic I sold them as packages, 1 Mak, 6 mags and 200 rounds of ammo for $2500.00 each. I purchased the guns and mags around 1995 and had rented them many times for classes. I also claimed their initial purchase cost as an expense on my taxes. Best ROI I ever made.

Scalper or capitalist? In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.

My stack of G17 and AR mags and ammo is axle deep to a ferris wheel. The robot vacuum cleaner can't get under any of the beds because that space is occupied by bricks of mini mags.

Learn from history or.....

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by lvmiker
I remember the bad old days and can see that happening again. Think of it as an investment as a hedge against inflation. I bought 12 Mak 90s and 100 chinese 30 rd mags and 3 cases of Wolf AK fodder for a little less than$3000.00 During the height of the panic I sold them as packages, 1 Mak, 6 mags and 200 rounds of ammo for $2500.00 each. I purchased the guns and mags around 1995 and had rented them many times for classes. I also claimed their initial purchase cost as an expense on my taxes. Best ROI I ever made.

Scalper or capitalist? In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.

My stack of G17 and AR mags and ammo is axle deep to a ferris wheel. The robot vacuum cleaner can't get under any of the beds because that space is occupied by bricks of mini mags.

Learn from history or.....

mike r

You're oldern dirt. You only need to prepare for what you're having for Sunday dinner. Anything past that is gravy.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
,....and don't start hollerin' Inshallah!" again.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Please....no.

I dont have any money.

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Ammo is shooter currency now. i have been prepping for years now. i have even heard of people who bury stuffs. Private safe away from the house has works for a few people i can too. LOLS

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
It's never time not to.

The mad rush is the best time to back off from hoarding... wink

Let the idiots fight it out and pay through the nose.. grin

This.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Bristoe

I thought that would get to the fatalists here. Surrendering in advance is a good plan...if you are French.

This thread may be more appropriate for shooters regardless of age, you need to narrow your focus, stick to joos, nnnegroes and trash burning.

khodafez, your pal murray.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Unique has been scarce around here.

Most primers too.

The AR's are at least over priced again.....

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't hoard 223 or 9mm. Just hoard generally.

LOL
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Ammo is too damn expensive.

I cant believe what people will pay.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
This guy agrees....

[Linked Image]

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by Bristoe

I thought that would get to the fatalists here. Surrendering in advance is a good plan...if you are French.

This thread may be more appropriate for shooters regardless of age, you need to narrow your focus, stick to joos, nnnegroes and trash burning.

khodafez, your pal murray.

mike r

Yeah, well,...living in the desert is good practice for when you finally do the Aliyah thing.

Us old folks have reached the point where we just sit around watching Pawn Stars. But them young folks ain't playin'.

You heard of Owen Benjamin?

Do a youtube search of his name to see what the young people are saying these days.

It's getting to be a different world in America.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by UPhiker
On another forum that I'm a member of, people are always saying "I buy guns in weird calibers because you can always find those calibers when times get tight". I always reply "If you spent all that money that you spent on oddball caliber guns and ammo, and spent it on 22LR, 9mm, 45, 223, 308 and other staples, you'd have enough stock on hand to tide you over the tough times. They still don't get it. It normally revolves around them buying 40, even though they mainly have 9mm. For the price of even a Glock 22, you can buy an awful lot of 9mm FMJ.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa!! there are other forums? Do tell..............

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
This guy agrees....

[Linked Image]

I'm quoting that, just to save it!

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by UPhiker
The AR market is pretty well saturated. There were so many "scares" during the Obama administration that even the San Bernardino and Parkland shootings didn't cause much of blip in the market. The best thing to keep in mind, if anything happens, is that no matter what somebody proposes, if you didn't need it last week, then you probably don't need it this week. Don't get talked into overspending on something "just because". If you have 10-20 Magpul mags now, you don't need to buy 30 more overpriced ones just because something might happen.

10-20? Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Unique has been scarce around here.

Most primers too.

The AR's are at least over priced again.....

Jim, keep an eye on Natchez and Powder Valley.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Give me a break guys...if little kids being slaughtered in a school while obongo was in office didn't get [bleep] banned a bunch of muzzles in NZ getting theirs wont either.

Smart dems (oxymoron) know that guns and bans are a loosing topic. They want to ban them make no mistake...but they don't have the balls to die on that hill

GOD Bless America
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Quak
Give me a break guys...if little kids being slaughtered in a school while obongo was in office didn't get [bleep] banned a bunch of muzzles in NZ getting theirs wont either.

Smart dems (oxymoron) know that guns and bans are a loosing topic. They want to ban them make no mistake...but they don't have the balls to die on that hill

Yeah, they do.

They just don't figure the hill will kill them if the circumstances are right...

They keep trying for the goose that lays the golden egg.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jnyork
So, NZ is probably going to ban semiauto firearms very quickly which will stir up the gun control fanatics in this country even more so than normal, with many states already considering such actions, along with background checks for ammo, 20 rounds of ammo per month etc etc. I think in the coming month or two we are going to see some VERY draconian measures proposed and many of them will get passed.

With that, is it time for another panicky run on AR's, .22 ammo, primers and powder and so forth, like we have seen in the not too distant pass, will fear motivate another desperate session of hoarding?

What do you think?
It's never a bad time to start hoaring if you haven't already. Lilly Mae down to the 100% USA massage parlor gots two kids to put through the junior college.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by oremi
Ammo is shooter currency now. i have been prepping for years now. i have even heard of people who bury stuffs. Private safe away from the house has works for a few people i can too. LOLS

Sealed schedule 40 PVC pipe buried in the ground works too

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 78 invisible), 2,545 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,688
Posts18,456,480
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.