-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You don't get a pro-gun Congress when you have a Speaker or Majority Leader who is a member of an anti-gun party.

Dickhead; the NRA hasn't given any money to Nancy Pelosi ever. If your talking about Reed, he had an A rating at one time. So whats your point, other than trying to look like a dumbass?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

I
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by gitem_12
What kind of excuse di you have for the NRAs support of GCA 68

Guess we're off the 1934 kick.

Now as for 1968...

In the 1960s, the people running the NRA (Franklin Orth was the president) decided to "make nice" with the liberals on gun control. They decided to go lightly on legislative stuff and move the NRA headquarters to Colorado Springs, and concentrate on training people to shoot in the Olympics. The ILA (NRA Institute for Legislative Actiion) run by Neal Knox, disagreed with this, as did many of us members. At the 1977 NRA annual meeting in Cincinnati, Knox and Harlan Carter organized a coup and KICKED OUT THE GUYS WHO HAD RUN IT SINCE 1968! The by-laws were changed to let members nominate directors by petition. The "Cincinnati Reforms" also adapted a "no compromise" position. And they didn't move to Colorado Springs to train Olympic shooters!

So you see, blaming the current leadership for anything that happened in 1968 is like blaming President Trump for something Obama did.

I repeat...Not only are our NRA leaders different people than in1968 but they KICKED OUT the leaders who were there in 1968.

Which is why we won the fights over registering ammo sales (got it repealed), "Saturday night specials," cop-killing bullets, the 1994 AR15 ban (which banned nothing at all), got about 45 states (starting in 1987) to pass "shall issue" concealed carry laws, got background checks to be instant instead of making you come back to the store a week later, got about 45 states to pass pre-emption laws (which, among other things, threw out Cleveland's handgun registration law), lost Al Gore the presidential election, lost the Democrats the House of representatives in 1994 for the first time in 40 years (according to Bill Clinton, that was the NRA's "fault"), and helped us in ways you can't even imagine.

Can't even imagine? Here's one. Our club bought 80 acres out in the country. The local farmers obkjected to the noise and tried to get an ordance passed banning shooting. The NRA sent a guy out with a dB sound measuring device. Guess what? They would have had to ban trucks on the Interstate a mile away. Duh. 20 years later the club is still shooting there.

So if anyone wants to rationalize not paying their fair share, find some other reason to bash the NRA.

IndyCA35
Benefactor Member
National Rifle Association of America
Second Amendment Task Force, 1994

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Isn't it odd that all those who dislike the NRA, love all the things that the NRA has done for gun owners??
Yeah, the ones who are not members--

I am a member which gives me all the right to bitch about how they continue to support the squandering away of our rights

Pray tell.me just specifically what the NRA has done for gun owners. And making compromises is doing good

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
lost Al Gore the presidential election, lost the Democrats the House of representatives in 1994 for the first time in 40 years (according to Bill Clinton, that was the NRA's "fault"), and helped us in ways you can't even imagine.

The NRA was blamed for gore and Kerry's loss

They sure try hard, but when they get their asses kicked, were terrorists grin

[Linked Image]

MOLON LABE

I
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I

I am a member which gives me all the right to bitch about how they continue to support the squandering away of our rights

Pray tell.me just specifically what the NRA has done for gun owners. And making compromises is doing good

Good on ya' for being a member. If there;'s something you don't ike, that gives you the right to espress your views to them and their local reps.

What specifically has the NRA done for gun owners? Just read my post directly above yours.

We all have things we'd like them to do that, for various reasons they are not doing, or they're doing something else. Ao pay yer dues and tell 'em what you want done!

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by watch4bear
You don't get a pro-gun Congress when you have a Speaker or Majority Leader who is a member of an anti-gun party.

Dickhead; the NRA hasn't given any money to Nancy Pelosi ever. If your talking about Reed, he had an A rating at one time. So whats your point, other than trying to look like a dumbass?

You're stupid as a box of dogshiit, aren't you? You could have a very sharp point driven right up your ass and never know it. I'd sooner explain celestial mechanics to my dog.

Dumbass.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So you have nothing else? BTW are you dyslexic?

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

In the 1960s, the people running the NRA (Franklin Orth was the president) decided to "make nice" with the liberals on gun control. They decided to go lightly on legislative stuff and move the NRA headquarters to Colorado Springs, and concentrate on training people to shoot in the Olympics. The ILA (NRA Institute for Legislative Actiion) run by Neal Knox, disagreed with this, as did many of us members. At the 1977 NRA annual meeting in Cincinnati, Knox and Harlan Carter organized a coup and KICKED OUT THE GUYS WHO HAD RUN IT SINCE 1968! The by-laws were changed to let members nominate directors by petition. The "Cincinnati Reforms" also adapted a "no compromise" position. And they didn't move to Colorado Springs to train Olympic shooters...

...and ever since, the establishment within has been working to undermine and reverse the Cincinnati reforms. The establishment is there and it maintains its stranglehold via the nominating committee. Too much like the RNC to suit me.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by watch4bear
So you have nothing else? BTW are you dyslexic?

GFY. Seriously.

Don't be the darkness.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
What kind of excuse di you have for the NRAs support of GCA 68

Guess we're off the 1934 kick.

Now as for 1968...

In the 1960s, the people running the NRA (Franklin Orth was the president) decided to "make nice" with the liberals on gun control. They decided to go lightly on legislative stuff and move the NRA headquarters to Colorado Springs, and concentrate on training people to shoot in the Olympics. The ILA (NRA Institute for Legislative Actiion) run by Neal Knox, disagreed with this, as did many of us members. At the 1977 NRA annual meeting in Cincinnati, Knox and Harlan Carter organized a coup and KICKED OUT THE GUYS WHO HAD RUN IT SINCE 1968! The by-laws were changed to let members nominate directors by petition. The "Cincinnati Reforms" also adapted a "no compromise" position. And they didn't move to Colorado Springs to train Olympic shooters!

So you see, blaming the current leadership for anything that happened in 1968 is like blaming President Trump for something Obama did.

I repeat...Not only are our NRA leaders different people than in1968 but they KICKED OUT the leaders who were there in 1968.

Which is why we won the fights over registering ammo sales (got it repealed), "Saturday night specials," cop-killing bullets, the 1994 AR15 ban (which banned nothing at all), got about 45 states (starting in 1987) to pass "shall issue" concealed carry laws, got background checks to be instant instead of making you come back to the store a week later, got about 45 states to pass pre-emption laws (which, among other things, threw out Cleveland's handgun registration law), lost Al Gore the presidential election, lost the Democrats the House of representatives in 1994 for the first time in 40 years (according to Bill Clinton, that was the NRA's "fault"), and helped us in ways you can't even imagine.

Can't even imagine? Here's one. Our club bought 80 acres out in the country. The local farmers obkjected to the noise and tried to get an ordance passed banning shooting. The NRA sent a guy out with a dB sound measuring device. Guess what? They would have had to ban trucks on the Interstate a mile away. Duh. 20 years later the club is still shooting there.

So if anyone wants to rationalize not paying their fair share, find some other reason to bash the NRA.

IndyCA35
Benefactor Member
National Rifle Association of America
Second Amendment Task Force, 1994

So what's the excuse for current NRA leadership endorsing red flag laws and the ban on bumpstocks? It's all relative

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

MOLON LABE

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Those all came out AFTER they were initially for it you [bleep] bozo.

Geezus. You really are the bigStick of the freakshow

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by John-F'n-Kerry

"I was for it before I was against it."

Don't be the darkness.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Geezus. You really are the bigStick of the freakshow

You're wasting energy arguing with this douchebag if you think you're going to make an impact...all you're making is a happy troll.

Don't be the darkness.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

your putz trump banned em by executive, don't wipe your twat with the NRA flatfoot.

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You just wanna put your head im lap ain't it? grin

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I wonder if trump is impeachable for an illegal executive order? I'd support that. Maybe pence would take notice.

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
We all have things we'd like them to do that, for various reasons they are not doing, or they're doing something else. Ao pay yer dues and tell 'em what you want done!
I wrote the NRA a hand written letter around 1980 as a member imploring the leadership to take the issue to court and please to please quit this legislative BS because we already have a 2nd amendment. They haven't written back yet. I didn't renew my membership then and the only reason I'm a member now is because a relative gifted me a life membership. I am sure they'll get around to replying to my letter any day now.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
dick head listened to everyone but the NRA

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

MOLON LABE

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (12344mag, 163bc, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 160user, 10Glocks, 58 invisible), 2,025 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,195
Posts18,465,894
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.