Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

BP-B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by AB2506

maybe we could recommend an booking agent to him......they usually give you that type of info.....if you really book with them..

I am having a hard time letting this go....trying to ruin someone just is not right.....bob

Last edited by BobMt; 03/17/19.
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Sic ‘em..... LOL!

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I have booked three hunts through Keith Atcheson personally, one in Alaska and two in Zimbabwe. All have turned out very well, with the outfitters performing as expected. I have nothing to say about Ateheson's except good things. From what I've read here, I think there is something wrong with the OP. If I ever go on another expensive hunt, I will book it through Atcheson's.

There are a lot of good reasons to use a reputable booking agent. They know the outfitters and the areas. Keith Atcheson had personally hunted with at least two of the ones he recommended to me. Second, you pay the booking agent directly, who then pays the outfitter. This means you have leverage if things don't turn out as they were supposed to. An estblished firm like Atcheson's has a lot of clout with these guys.

I have booked hunts with two other booking agents. One was an elk hunt with Cabelas. It turned out well but I'm not sure Cabela's does that any more. The second was an elephant hunt through a South African agent. I had a medical problem and had to postpone, but the outfitter kept my deposit and wouldn't even apply it to a hunt the next year. After that I booked my first Zim hunt with Keith Atcheson. He suggested an elephant hunt where I could also get a buffalo. A twofer. Incidentally I did get a bull elephant, a buffalo, a hippo, and a 14-foot crocodile on that hunt.

My second Zim hunt booked with Atcheson's was a 21-day big 4 hunt. I got a bigger elephant, a bigger buffalo, a male lion, plus some miscaellaneous stuff. Didn't get a leopard--none came to the bait--but who's complaining. My PH gave me a hand tooled elephant skin ammo wallet, a bush ax, and some gaiters that actually work (unlike the cheap Cabela's ones). Also let me fire his .500 Nitro Express double a few times. A lot of people were surprised at how "little" I paid for this hunt, BTW.

My Alaska hunt was a starter for Caribou. Keith recommended an area where the quota was two plus a black bear. I got two bulls but not the black bear (my fault).

In short I recommend Atcheson's.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have heard a lot of good about the outfit, even after Jack Sr passed on. I have his book "Hunting Adventures Worldwide", he took the time to scrawl a nice sentiment as well as autograph it. I really like the book, and would believe the old saying that apples don't fall far from the tree.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by WAM
Sic ‘em..... LOL!

he can make it right......or be a shcit……..the people that jumped on his side, need to call safari man al out...….bob

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
He knows he F_cked up. He walked away rather than man up and say sorry. In my opinion bottomline is he shot a dink right away, Then realized he messed up and wants to blame someone else. Total Bullsh_t if you ask me. Atcheson's did the right thing here. Stated their case and moved on. You know who won here? Jack Atcheson & Sons!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The outfitters I know that use a booking agent to plug holes, hunters that they booked themselves backed out( the deposit is kept). They then fill the opening with a reduced price hunt through an agent. ...check the outfitters references by yourself, imo.Sorry to hear the trip was a bust though.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by comerade
The outfitters I know that use a booking agent to plug holes, hunters that they booked themselves backed out( the deposit is kept). They then fill the opening with a reduced price hunt through an agent. ...check the outfitters references by yourself, imo.Sorry to hear the trip was a bust though.

Was it a bust? According to the email he sent booking agent that he apparently didn’t even use to book the hunt it was a good hunt. Did you read the entire thread?

Al, if there is more to the story please let us know. You came on here with the intent to hurt Atcheson and Sons yet their story, which is verified by an email that you sent them, is different. What gives Al. Please tell us there’s more

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I do not like these types of threads. People's reputation gets hurt and there is no recourse since once it is posted it is on there for an eternity. I believe there were better ways of handling this other then posting this crap on the Internet.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I do not like these types of threads. People's reputation gets hurt and there is no recourse since once it is posted it is on there for an eternity. I believe there were better ways of handling this other then posting this crap on the Internet.

Exactly. Problem is it appears that this was a manufactured bull$#it story and posted out of spite. Al, change my mind.....

I’m pissed because I actually referenced this thread in a discussion with a friend of mine who called BS the minute I brought it up so not only is Al trying to hurt Atcheson he’s also undermining credibility of those that gave him the benefit of the doubt. I will bump this thread every day until Al offers an explanation or apology. Either way ole Al has some explaining to do

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

i disagree......lay it out there, dont flat out lie...your reputation stays intact.....al can come on here and straighten it out....by not saying nothing, sure makes it look like he is a liar.

also other people can make up their own minds, if they would deal with someone like this........usually the way a reputation gets ruined...is by the person themselves......bob

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Originally Posted by comerade

Was it a bust? According to the email he sent booking agent that he apparently didn’t even use to book the hunt it was a good hunt. Did you read the entire thread?

Al, if there is more to the story please let us know. You came on here with the intent to hurt Atcheson and Sons yet their story, which is verified by an email that you sent them, is different. What gives Al. Please tell us there’s more

Actually I agree with you. There are client/ hunters that are never satisfied. I think Jack Atcheson's agency has a good reputation and I tend to side with the business side.
So many hunters poorly prepare for outfitted hunts, it can be like taking out a beginner hunter sometimes..I say, the hunter should do his due diligence and prepare- get fit etc

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Some folks would complain even if you hung ‘em with a new rope. That’s one reason I pay little attention to blather like Al’s.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Crickets...…………...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
one more, for Ignore

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
To me this backfired on old Al. What he intended on was to hurt their business for whatever reason. To me anyways totally not credible. He has made J. Atcheson & Sons look great. They came on here professionally, stated the facts as far as their end goes, and showed proof of their claims. Al show us your contract with J. Atcheson & Sons! Or apologize like a man!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

yuknoal?…………..bob

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It is most definitely bad form, big time, to make a post like the OP did and then walk away, regardless in who is right in the ordeal....

Very bad form, in fact I'd call it chicken chitt...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
650 members (1234, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 257man, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 69 invisible), 2,905 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,661
Posts18,399,311
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.