Go to the bedroom and open the secret drawer. Now GFY

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Well, here are the answers to these concerns.

1. It takes money to succeed. If the NRA didn’t raise more money than the cost of the fundraising, it wouldn’t do it, moron.

2. The NRA puts its efforts where it thinks it can win. Perhaps that doesn’t include New York. But it’s won in a lot of other places. Like Kentucky just this week. Heller? They were concerned the effort would not succeed. They were wrong, just like any other organization is wrong from time to time. They reassess and go on.

3. It ain’t 1934, dummy. (You know who I mean here.)

4. The NRA believes that, practically, we’re either going to prevent mentally ill loons from committing mass shootings or there will be enough ire from the majority of the voters, who are not “gun guys,” that we’ll lose all. Makes sense to me. But the Red Flag laws would have to have due process, and not be based on unfounded allegations.

5. You’re a freeloader.

6. Get serious.

The NRA is pretty darned effective. When the overwhelming sentiment of .gov was to ABOLISH assault rifles in the 1990s, NRA got the law massaged to (a) grandfather all existing rifles, (b) only last 10 years, (c) outlaw nothing except cosmetic features of Ar15s and high-cap magazines, and (d) got the effectivity delayed so that, all during the 10 years, high-cap magazines could be bought very cheaply.

When background checks were overwhelmingly passed during the 1990s, NRA got it made instant, so you didn’t have to wait 30 days.

If you don’t like the NRA, did you ever think about contacting the field rep for your area and asking why they did something, or suggest what they should do. Aren‘t their names in the magazines?

You whiners and complainers remind me of all the loons who stayed out of the 2008 and 2012 elections because the “R” candidate wasn’t perfect and then complained about Obama for eight years.

Very entertaining but sad. If you take a couple of steps back and read this it becomes apparent, very apparent that the NRA did nothing to stop the infringement, but instead gave its members a softer fall.
Fact:..................if you are required to fill out a form, pay for a certificate, or any other check required to own a gun, then you DO NOT have the "RIGHT" to own it. What you have is a "PRIVILEGE" to own it. So stop with this [bleep] rights [bleep], that is pure propaganda, brainwashing at its finest.
If it is your God given right, then you do not have to pay for it or ask permission, period.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by K22

Fact:..................if you are required to fill out a form, pay for a certificate, or any other check required to own a gun, then you DO NOT have the "RIGHT" to own it. What you have is a "PRIVILEGE" to own it. So stop with this [bleep] rights [bleep], that is pure propaganda, brainwashing at its finest.
If it is your God given right, then you do not have to pay for it or ask permission, period.
Some of the Founders as well as some of our ancestors, died for this [bleep] rights [bleep]. I guess the Founders were engaging in brainwashing. Consider me brainwashed.

When most of the populace has been brainwashed and/or dumbed down to the point that they don't even know the Constitution or their "privileges", the rest of us may know, but we don't want to die. The Constitution doesn't grant you a damned thing. If you want to go along with the commies and disarm, you are welcome to do so. Many have already done so because they want somebody else to protect them and their families. Where I come from, that's a long way towards the definition of "pussy".

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You think the people of New Zealand don't have the same right? They just don't rise up and demand the government recognize their inherent right to self defense and the tools to accomplish that end. The Constitution only recognizes that which is obvious. It's obvious that a person has the right to defend themselves and to have the means to do so. The Founders put it in terms of God and nature, but if you're an atheist or whatnot, it's all the same-just very obvious that nobody has the right to kill or maim you or yours. The Constitution negates itself. It admits that it grants NOTHING. All it does is recognize and you don't need a Constitution to do that.

I don't really care what's in the Constitution. I don't really care what everybody else thinks. I damned sure don't care what you think. I will defend my family and myself until I am unable to do so. I believe that's a God-given right. You can believe whatever the fuuuckkk you want.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P

NRA ALL THE WAY !

life member over 35 years, please support the NRA

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B2

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by K22

Some of the Founders as well as some of our ancestors, died for this [bleep] rights [bleep]. I guess the Founders were engaging in brainwashing. Consider me brainwashed.

When most of the populace has been brainwashed and/or dumbed down to the point that they don't even know the Constitution or their "privileges", the rest of us may know, but we don't want to die. The Constitution doesn't grant you a damned thing. If you want to go along with the commies and disarm, you are welcome to do so. Many have already done so because they want somebody else to protect them and their families. Where I come from, that's a long way towards the definition of "pussy".

I think you misunderstood me or my explanation sucked, heck, maybe both. " the right of the people........" has been undermined was my point. We now confuse right and privilege. RIGHT(S) , PRIVILEGE
The point is, what we call rights now are nothing more than a privilege, hence the "papers/certificates/permits" which generally requires an exchange of funds, something "rights" don't require.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
There is no such thing as an unlimited right. Every right you can name has an exception and a case for suspension. What matters is what limitations are applied and to what degree.

As to bashing or supporting the NRA, answer me this: Without the NRA, would we now be enjoying unfettered gun ownership, or severe gun prohibitions? If you think it's the former, you are delusional.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
There is no such thing as an unlimited right. Every right you can name has an exception and a case for suspension. What matters is what limitations are applied and to what degree.

As to bashing or supporting the NRA, answer me this: Without the NRA, would we now be enjoying unfettered gun ownership, or severe gun prohibitions? If you think it's the former, you are delusional.

If just 1/4 of all gun owners were members. The democrats would shut up. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945

If just 1/4 of all gun owners were members. The democrats would shut up. Hasbeen

SO TRUE !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
NRA is far from perfect, but they are by far the best thing we have. Life Member here.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
NRA members comprise more like 8% of all gun owners. Why? Because most gun owners hate the fear mongering of the organization, and are put off by La Pierre's rabid-dog-foaming-at-the-mouth BS. I guess most guys just aren't that into Buttina and other Russian spies, either. Guys, she's not hot.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
NRA membership is a requirement at our hunting camps and many of us keep trying to implement it at the local gun club, too, but some VIP blowhards shoot it down every year. Freedom of choice is what they want and I say someday there may not be a choice.

I get neighbors and strangers stopping at the farm asking for permission to hunt and my first question is "are you a NRA member?" Some view it as being a hard arse, but I m sorry the NRA is one of the few obstacles between the Democrats and the repeal of the 2nd Amendment. Can't put all your trust in the Republicans.

At first it was a surprise, but after denying some individuals to hunt, some have came back with a NRA membership and asked again.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The people with Jim Jones drank the Kool Aid too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by centershot
NRA is far from perfect, but they are by far the best thing we have. Life Member here.

I am a life member too. The NRA may be the biggest but are not the best.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

If the NRA or the citizens hadn't caved on the NFA act in 1934 would we be in fear of our gun "rights" now?

If someone violates a Right, what happens? Is there not a law applied when someone violates a Right? So what is the need for an independent organization to police our Rights or to apply what limitations are needed and how to apply them?
I can and will defend my Right to own and use a firearm. Maybe more should follow suite. But I get it, dying for your or your children's Right to own and use a firearm isn't worth it, hence the need for a Gov. sponsored and approved organization.

Last edited by K22; 03/18/19.
I
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by K22

If the NRA or the citizens hadn't caved on the NFA act in 1934 would we be in fear of our gun "rights" now?

Sigh. Another one.

Look, dimbulb, the NRA today wasn't the NRA of 1934. Do you understrand arithmetic? That was 85 years ago.

In 1934 the NRA didn't even think it's purpose was other than to improve marksmanship. It had no real legislative ideas and the ILA (NRA Institute for Legislative Action) and the PVF (NRA Political Victory fund) didn't even exist.

The NRA only started to get involved in legislative issues after WWII, when liberal politicians started pushing registration.

THANK GOD THE NRA DID!!

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm with the NRA!!

There's nobody else out there taking it on the chin for us.

Yes Wayne Lapierre looks like a lobbyist in his custom suits. In reality he is a lobbyist. Every company in our country of any size has one. Every company of any size in the free world has one in our country. Every other outfit from National Organization for Women, Mothers against drunk driving you name it they all have one and a bunch are are against us and some of them for extremely unintelligent reasons. You want to talk to the government its how it's done.

Being a gun owner and not being a member of the NRA for the sake of 35.00 dollars a year is seriously unintelligent. I just renewed again for 5 years for 100.00 and I get a decent magazine because I got a coupon for buying a Weatherby.

Just my Opinion.

Good luck and shoot straight y'all

I
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by roundoak
NRA membership is a requirement at our hunting camps and many of us keep trying to implement it at the local gun club, too, but some VIP blowhards shoot it down every year. Freedom of choice is what they want and I say someday there may not be a choice.

I get neighbors and strangers stopping at the farm asking for permission to hunt and my first question is "are you a NRA member?" Some view it as being a hard arse, but I m sorry the NRA is one of the few obstacles between the Democrats and the repeal of the 2nd Amendment. Can't put all your trust in the Republicans.

At first it was a surprise, but after denying some individuals to hunt, some have came back with a NRA membership and asked again.

I like your attitude.

I belong to two gun clubs that require NRA membership as a condition of membership. The annual renewal application requires you to submit proof, a copy of the magazine mailing label or your membership card.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by K22

Sigh. Another one.

Look, dimbulb, the NRA today wasn't the NRA of 1934. Do you understrand arithmetic? That was 85 years ago.

In 1934 the NRA didn't even think it's purpose was other than to improve marksmanship. It had no real legislative ideas and the ILA (NRA Institute for Legislative Action) and the PVF (NRA Political Victory fund) didn't even exist.

The NRA only started to get involved in legislative issues after WWII, when liberal politicians started pushing registration.

THANK GOD THE NRA DID!!

The NRA helped draft the 1934 law.. wasn't that involved in legislative issues?

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by K22

Sigh. Another one.

THANK GOD THE NRA DID!!

The NRA helped draft the 1934 law.. wasn't that involved in legislative issues?

Took the words right out of my mouth. Oh wait, that was then, this is now. Nothing done in the past has anything to do with the future. Any "dimbulb" knows that.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 67 invisible), 2,335 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,654
Posts18,455,538
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.