-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Beautiful country and great pictures but way too damned cold for a southern boy like me.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Spectacular captures as always, Pat!!!!

Man, I hope you weren't toting a rifle in something 700-based - it's a terrible choice in the cold weather. whistle

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
[Linked Image]

Fantastic shots!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Pat,
Wonderful pictures! Thank You for taking the time to post them. I hope you have some warm weather and no flooding!

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Great photos. Spring is upon us here in the PNW.

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Scenarshooter: Indeed this "winter" has turned bitter and relentless here in SW Montana over the last 40+ days!
November, December and January were somewhat mild and that is a blessing for the wild creatures saving some calories for the current onslaught by Mother Nature.
Hoping for the best for all the animals and hoping for SPRING!
As an aside - your fantastic photo shows the Antelope Bucks with what appears to be fully developed "horns" (in your March 15th photo) - are those new horns or not yet dropped horns?
The Antelope here in SW Montana start losing their horns in late November and regrowing them by mid/late January. But your Bucks are well progressed in horn development or do you think those may not have been shed yet?
TIA for any opinions and observations.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Scenarshooter: Indeed this "winter" has turned bitter and relentless here in SW Montana over the last 40+ days!
November, December and January were somewhat mild and that is a blessing for the wild creatures saving some calories for the current onslaught by Mother Nature.
Hoping for the best for all the animals and hoping for SPRING!
As an aside - your fantastic photo shows the Antelope Bucks with what appears to be fully developed "horns" (in your March 15th photo) - are those new horns or not yet dropped horns?
The Antelope here in SW Montana start losing their horns in late November and regrowing them by mid/late January. But your Bucks are well progressed in horn development or do you think those may not have been shed yet?
TIA for any opinions and observations.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

No, they shed their horn shells at the same time here as well. They start growing new horns as soon as the old one's fall off, and they continue to grow until about mid June, when they're fully developed.

They are a very unique animal, being the only horned game animal in the world to shed it's horns annually....

Last edited by scenarshooter; 03/18/19.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great pics! Hope the weather breaks for the better.

Need to get back to that country for some birds. A group of pheasants like that would turn my dog into a slobbering mess!

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Scenarshooter: Thank you for that information - indeed the Antelope (Pronghorns) are a unique and wonderful creature.
Thanks again - there are a couple of bucks in that group that are going to be real dandies this fall - good luck getting a tag!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Interior Alaska is getting weather warnings for excessively warm weather. Here in Delta we had a few inches of snow and moose grazed in fields all winter. The neighbors barley stubble is bare and usually I'd expect to see northbound geese and cranes but that's two months away. Snowmobile traffic on the rivers is coming to a halt.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks Pat, hopefuly spring will come and everything will be okay. Smiles for everyone.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Finally broke down here Pat. Antelope don't mind mud! Haven't seen any dead ones yet but this next week I'll get out and take a look.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 1941USMC, 52 invisible), 2,569 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,312
Posts18,468,241
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.