Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by roundoak
NRA membership is a requirement at our hunting camps and many of us keep trying to implement it at the local gun club, too, but some VIP blowhards shoot it down every year. Freedom of choice is what they want and I say someday there may not be a choice.

I get neighbors and strangers stopping at the farm asking for permission to hunt and my first question is "are you a NRA member?" Some view it as being a hard arse, but I m sorry the NRA is one of the few obstacles between the Democrats and the repeal of the 2nd Amendment. Can't put all your trust in the Republicans.

At first it was a surprise, but after denying some individuals to hunt, some have came back with a NRA membership and asked again.

I like your attitude.

I belong to two gun clubs that require NRA membership as a condition of membership. The annual renewal application requires you to submit proof, a copy of the magazine mailing label or your membership card.

Hopefully, in the not to distant future, our club will do the same.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
There is no such thing as an unlimited right. Every right you can name has an exception and a case for suspension. What matters is what limitations are applied and to what degree.

As to bashing or supporting the NRA, answer me this: Without the NRA, would we now be enjoying unfettered gun ownership, or severe gun prohibitions? If you think it's the former, you are delusional.

Reet.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
There is no such thing as an unlimited right. Every right you can name has an exception and a case for suspension. What matters is what limitations are applied and to what degree.

As to bashing or supporting the NRA, answer me this: Without the NRA, would we now be enjoying unfettered gun ownership, or severe gun prohibitions? If you think it's the former, you are delusional.

If the NRA or the citizens hadn't caved on the NFA act in 1934 would we be in fear of our gun "rights" now?

If someone violates a Right, what happens? Is there not a law applied when someone violates a Right? So what is the need for an independent organization to police our Rights or to apply what limitations are needed and how to apply them?
I can and will defend my Right to own and use a firearm. Maybe more should follow suite. But I get it, dying for your or your children's Right to own and use a firearm isn't worth it, hence the need for a Gov. sponsored and approved organization.
The Justice Dept. used to watchdog civil rights and prosecute violators of individual's rights. I don't know of them EVER taking up a case of somebody's 2nd Amendment rights having been violated though.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Whining about what the NRA isn’t doing for you is like a rancher bitching about the color of his barn. The protection you get is way better than anything you would get without it...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by centershot
NRA is far from perfect, but they are by far the best thing we have. Life Member here.

I am a life member too. The NRA may be the biggest but are not the best.

NRA is the one that Congress pays attention to. I have used their guide when voting before also. If a couple candidates have similar qualities I will use it for a tie breaker.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Whining about what the NRA isn’t doing for you is like a rancher bitching about the color of his barn. The protection you get is way better than anything you would get without it...

Yes, but someone needs to fix the holes in that barn's roof, In fact a brand new roof might be advisable.
Most problems begin at the top

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yes, but someone needs to fix the holes in that barn's roof, In fact a brand new roof might be advisable.

You seem like a smart person, are you saying you would leave your cows outside because there are holes in the roof?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
NRA is far from perfect, but they are by far the best thing we have. Life Member here.

NRA is the one that Congress pays attention to. I have used their guide when voting before also. If a couple candidates have similar qualities I will use it for a tie breaker.

When will the NRA whiners recognize that this is true and you have to forget what isn't perfect and gather around what is most effective.

I will repost what I said about this before and it is absolutely true...

It is rants like this that give strength to the anti gun people. The 2 most important ingredients in holding on to the freedoms we have in this country are truth and unity. The Democrats have unity but no truth. Conservatives have truth but no unity. It is obvious that if you only have one ingredient, unity is more powerful.

It is time conservatives realize this and become unified, because both truth and unity will destroy liberalism...

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

It all depends on where you take your stand under that barn roof.
The farmer need a new paint job on his barn and you guys show with roofing supplies...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You seem like a smart person, are you saying you would leave your cows outside because there are holes in the roof?

Seems the weather is getting to the cows the way the roof is now, repair is in order.

It's been said a horse will run back into a burning barn is this what is happing now

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Seems the weather is getting to the cows the way the roof is now, repair is in order.

It's been said a horse will run back into a burning barn is this what is happing now
More like a dog returning to its own vomit.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

When will the NRA whiners recognize that this is true and you have to forget what isn't perfect and gather around what is most effective.

I will repost what I said about this before and it is absolutely true...

It is rants like this that give strength to the anti gun people. The 2 most important ingredients in holding on to the freedoms we have in this country are truth and unity. The Democrats have unity but no truth. Conservatives have truth but no unity. It is obvious that if you only have one ingredient, unity is more powerful.

It is time conservatives realize this and become unified, because both truth and unity will destroy liberalism...

I like this . No offense , but you are grey headed so I’ll shut up and listen . Plan to do a lot more of listening around here.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

No, I believe what he is saying is, the roofers put holes in the barn roof and then said, hey, you guys need a roofer.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
So if you don’t want to support the NRA, the Libs will win and that’ll ultimately give you three choices:

1. Hide your guns. Don’t ever take them out to the range.

2. Forget your guns. Take up tennis or water ballet.

3. Ruby Ridge.

There is #4. One you "forgot" to list, which is the VERY REASON and the SINGLE REASON the 2nd amendment was added to the Bill of Rights.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
we won't even march, let alone fight....

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Anybody that doesn't think marching on Washington would be interpreted by the powers-that-be as an act of civil war by the marchers and a modern day Fort Sumter, is woefully ignorant. Especially if the marchers were armed as has been suggested. An alternative would be agents provacteur planted amongst the marchers to disrupt things or even commit crimes in order to paint the gun rights advocates as the villains. As if the press couldn't/wouldn't just lie about it anyway.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
M1 said we won't even march, let alone fight....

Sadly that's likely to be true.

So the large majority have surrendered already. They just have not had the guns demanded yet, but if they comply at the small levels they will not stand against the big moves of the left either.
That's the reason the left is acting in the "liberal" states Those states have a large majority of cowards and they have surrendered their children's freedoms already.
So it's just the "next step" in the acceptance of that surrender, not the 1st step.
It's nothing new.

Last edited by szihn; 03/18/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am unlettered, unlearned, heathen, etc. Can it be explained why the NRA-ILA is where the money goes. I know it supposedly supports favorable legislation. But isn't that defacto an admission that the 2nd Amendment doesn't apply to us as individuals. We don't need to be making it appear that we believe that. My problem is the waste of money and the seeming crisis that is constantly stirred which I think is nothing more than a shameless NRA/Lapierre money grab aimed at non critical true believers. I want my money used enforcing the 2nd Amendment. To the NRA cheerleaders, I am on your side for the right to keep and bear arms, but I am sad that our NRA and you are misdirecting our resources.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Hastings, sadly there is probably some money issues with the NRA. but up until a couple of decades ago they didn't have a constant battle with the anti 2nd azzwipes. who else has their clout?

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Hastings
..........................Can it be explained why the NRA-ILA is where the money goes. I know it supposedly supports favorable legislation. But isn't that defacto an admission that the 2nd Amendment doesn't apply to us as individuals. We don't need to be making it appear that we believe that.

That is how the anti-gun crowd sees it. The NRA is using our money to try to keep that from becoming the law of the land.

Originally Posted by Hastings
I want my money used enforcing the 2nd Amendment. To the NRA cheerleaders, I am on your side for the right to keep and bear arms, but I am sad that our NRA and you are misdirecting our resources.

Protecting the 2nd is what the NRA is trying to do. Are they perfect at it? Definitely not, but they are the best horse that we as gun owners have in the race. Perfection for everyone is an Obama thought....... As someone mentioned, not backing the NRA as a gun owner is like a Republican staying away from the polls on election day and then griping about the outcome of the election and not accepting part of the blame for the outcome.

Please tell us how you'd go about completing the same agenda.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

111 members (1eyedmule, 257 mag, 35, 44mc, 7887mm08, 7x57Hunter, 10 invisible), 1,288 guests, and 846 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,264
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.