Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I’m looking for a new long range scope. I’m not devout to brands. I’m open to traditional dialing scopes and the new electronic stuff. My requirements:

Must have repeatable and accurate click values.
Holds zero, of course.
A reticle that allows me to accurately measure my hold for wind drift.
Isn’t too heavy, preferably under 25oz.
At least 14x zoom.

What I don’t want or am not concerned about:
I don’t want to spend $3k
I’m not concerned about top glass quality, it just has to be “good enough” - I’m not breaking down trophy quality with a rifle scope.

Scope will be used on a long range hunting rifle and may be shot out to 1K yards. I’m trying to keep the weight down around 10-10.5lbs and the rifle with bipod is 8.9lbs.

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
picatinny scope mounts - Nightforce scope 5 1/2-22x56 or a 8-32x56 i have both,but you do need a very accurate rifle to use a good scope to shoot that far out.

Last edited by pete53; 03/19/19.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
A Nightforce SHV 4x14x50 would check a lot of boxes as long as 3.1" of eye relief will work for you but will also require you to up your weight 5oz's!

LR scopes these days require shooters to make a few compromises at times!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I don't think many (any?) NF achieving at least 14x are going to make weight.

I have a SS 3-15 on my heavy .260. It works for me.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
LRTS/LRHS 4.5-18x. Or the 3-12x, if you’re willing to have 12x on the top end.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i have bench rest shot alot at 1000 yards believe me you need plenty good optic glass power to see well to shoot well at that distance. set some clay pigeons out on bank at 1000 yards and see how well you can hit those clay pigeons, that will give you the best answer.remember a heavier rifle will generally shoot better so scope weight means very little then.

Last edited by pete53; 03/19/19.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
SS 3x15. They check all of the boxes that you listed. Very reliable and dependable. Great reticle too. I have been using one since they came out. I was shooting steel with it today at 620yds.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
SWFA 3-15...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I’ve had 2 SWFA as fixed power scopes. One’s tracking was off by a fair margin, so I’m a little jaded on SWFA.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chicoredneck
I’ve had 2 SWFA as fixed power scopes. One’s tracking was off by a fair margin, so I’m a little jaded on SWFA.

Swfa would be happy to check your scope out, and likely just send you a new one...They stand behind their scopes. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
<25oz. is a tough one.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Nikon BLACK X1000 comes in under 25oz and is very inexpensive. The price makes me leary, but it it looks like it has good reviews. Anyone have experience with these?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I’m looking for a new long range scope. I’m not devout to brands. I’m open to traditional dialing scopes and the new electronic stuff. My requirements:

Must have repeatable and accurate click values.
Holds zero, of course.
A reticle that allows me to accurately measure my hold for wind drift.
Isn’t too heavy, preferably under 25oz.
At least 14x zoom.

What I don’t want or am not concerned about:
I don’t want to spend $3k
I’m not concerned about top glass quality, it just has to be “good enough” - I’m not breaking down trophy quality with a rifle scope.

Scope will be used on a long range hunting rifle and may be shot out to 1K yards. I’m trying to keep the weight down around 10-10.5lbs and the rifle with bipod is 8.9lbs.

Those were also my parameters, I have 3 fixed 10x's with turrets (1 SWFA and 2 Leupy's) but I wanted a variable for what you've described . Yesterday I bought a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 30 mm MOA 4x16 FFP with the EBR-2C reticle. Cost $350+ tax, if it craps out ,fully guaranteed. If it pisses me off I'll sell it. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
If you can stand an additional three ounces on your weight requirement, my recommendation would be the Bushnell 4.5-18 LRTSi. Great scopes.

https://www.bushnell.com/products/r...ite-tactical-lrts-riflescopes-4-5-18x44/

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by 28lx

This was on my list of possibilities. Have you actually used this scope? I can’t find anyone who has and the reviews I’ve found sound like sales pitches rather than unbiased reviews.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Magnum bob, I’m interested to hear how your experience goes.

Hondo, the LRTS is likely what I will default to if I can’t find something I’m willing to try that is lighter. I have a LRHS that has been great.

Last edited by chicoredneck; 03/20/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
If you want lighter than the LRTS, the SS 3-9x is awesome for a LR hunting rifle on a weight budget. The SS 3-15x would likely be a great choice, too.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Let you know Chn . I just got 1 of those Savage M12 FV heavy barrels when the local Cabelas ran them for $319, the ergs on the stock were great , has the Accu-trigger. Cheapest velocity gain in the world is long barrel length I didn't buy the gun for brush hunting. I put a 20 MOA Blackhawk rail on it. The 30mm rings I have are to tall, I'll get shorter ones. Be shooting it this weekend for sure I've got 120 BT's ,130 gr TMK Sierras and some 140 gr Hornady BTHP's. So far with factory ammo I've noted real low recoil and great accuracy, all I needed was the scope to wring it out. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

This was on my list of possibilities. Have you actually used this scope? I can’t find anyone who has and the reviews I’ve found sound like sales pitches rather than unbiased reviews.

I have 3 tracking is excellent glass is good nice eye relief. All mine have the MOA Milling recticle.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by pete53
i have bench rest shot alot at 1000 yards believe me you need plenty good optic glass power to see well to shoot well at that distance. set some clay pigeons out on bank at 1000 yards and see how well you can hit those clay pigeons, that will give you the best answer.remember a heavier rifle will generally shoot better so scope weight means very little then.

Well put. . . . I would add that once you get your 1000 yard hunting rifle assembled, find yourself a real 1000 yard benchrest match and shoot paper. . . . paper doesn't lie.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
doesn't ring like steel, either.......

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yes but, if you run out of charmin you can't wipe your butt with steel.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Appreciate the advice folks. I have shot long range with rifles in a variety of configurations and calibers for a long time. I’m not a novice, just looking for others experiences for some help with scope selection.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've 80+ SWFA scopes and have yet to see a mechanical issue.

Maybe they are all Safe Queens?

Laughing!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My 4.5-18x LRHSi would not track or hold zero,on my heaviest 6BR.

Took a coupla months,but they sent a LRTSi in like magnification,to replace it and I MUCH prefer it's reticle.

Pass the SWFA and hold the Fluff.

Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by GregW
SWFA 3-15...

I only recently started wringing out mine and I am liking it very much. I might sell my 2 nf and just go all swfa all day every day.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Most amazing. All the dirt poor hillbillies around here went swfa ss because of price and tracking... many years ago. At least for long distance ground hogs.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
might consider the Tract Optics 3-15x50 BDC at 22 ounces.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[quote=Magnum_Bob
Those were also my parameters, I have 3 fixed 10x's with turrets (1 SWFA and 2 Leupy's) but I wanted a variable for what you've described . Yesterday I bought a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 30 mm MOA 4x16 FFP with the EBR-2C reticle. Cost $350+ tax, if it craps out ,fully guaranteed. If it pisses me off I'll sell it. MB
[/quote]

My guess is one of the two WILL happen. Likely, the former before the latter. cry

P.S. Somebody had too, or was going to say the same thing, otherwise it wouldn't be the 'Fire. grin

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

If you have a wife and kids and the disposable income for that many scopes, then you are probably not just doing logging for hourly wage.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Zeiss Conquest v4 with zmoa2 reticle

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have a swfa 10x and 3-15x , they both track perfect. Not as good of glass as nightforce, but good enough and a lot less $$.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Clarkm

If you have a wife and kids and the disposable income for that many scopes, then you are probably not just doing logging for hourly wage.
His wife doesn't eat much.

[Linked Image]

Politics is War by Other Means
L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
I'll 2nd, 3rd or 4th the NF suggestions. I don't have much experience with anything else but the Leopold MKIV. The NF have good quality glass, lots of adjustment, hold zero, track well and are tough. They also are a little heavy and expensive.

lightman
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
yes shoot`n steel makes more noise but paper shows how well you can group in the middle of a paper ? and as has been said proves how well your rifle,you,ammo all shoot ? at the 1,000 yard bench matches or 600 yard FTR shoots i go to ,most use Nightforce scopes that shows what works best too.

Last edited by pete53; 06/17/19.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
You can't group in the middle of steel?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I can't measure my groups on steel. Out to 1,000 all of my bullet splashes overlap, makes it tough to measure with the micrometer.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It won’t make your weight request but the 5-27x56 Vortex Razor is your huckleberry. I shoot PRS matches with one and love it. I will have it on my long range hunting rifle come this fall. Slap it on a picatinny rail and your ready .

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Seems like the 3-15 SS hits dead nuts on the OP's request.

NF are great, I have tolerated the price more than once, but their damn weight turns me off big time. The OP did mention 24 ozs. or less BTW.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Robert_White

Most amazing. All the dirt poor hillbillies around here went swfa ss because of price and tracking... many years ago. At least for long distance ground hogs.

Barely made $110K thus far this year.

Have a few SWFA scopes setting in the PO,awaiting same to open tomorrow. Likely Heavy Bitches for giggles(5-20x HD's).

Pass the 6x MQ for Utility.

Hint................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I have a 10x, (2) 12x and (2) 16x fixed mil-mil and a 1-4x tactical illuminated...always zero and usable in relatively dim lighting.

Superb value when on sale for $249 or you can buy the $899 HD version which is a little better at dawn or dusk.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The 6x has more erector travel than all of the Fixed versions you cite(typically 42 Mils),though the Illuminatti boasts a fhuqky CRAZY 62 Mils of erector on the average.

Hint........................

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Robert_White

Barely made $110K thus far this year.

Have a few SWFA scopes setting in the PO,awaiting same to open tomorrow. Likely Heavy Bitches for giggles(5-20x HD's).

Pass the 6x MQ for Utility.

Hint................

😂. 220k a year and can’t keep a woman? WtF

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Put your "wife" on a scale.

LAUGHING!...............

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Put your "wife" on a scale.

LAUGHING!...............

You have 180# on’er I promise.
And I look at my family pictures and all kids in it are mine.

[Linked Image]

Nothing like a fat fûck calling out a hit on the wife. 🤣 How’s that tub azz kid that might be yours just maybe. LMFAO she’s yours I’m joking ya got the same build and facial
structure. 😱

Last edited by fredIII; 07/05/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Here's Fug Stick's girl friend.

[Linked Image]

You better keep a tight grip on that one, Fug Stick! laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh my...The Do NOTHING Gang is on fire!

LAUGHING!.................

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Oh my...The Do NOTHING Gang is on fire!

LAUGHING!.................
You are such a dumbass you qualify as the know-nothing gang all by yourself.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trybone,

Why is it that you Whining CLUELESS Kchunts are sooooo fast to get horned up? Congratulations?!?

You'd need a Co-signer for the tape.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!................

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Fug Stick, if stupid was a butterfly you'd be the over-wintering monarchs in Mexico.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trybone,

It's been nearly 5 fhuqking minutes since a new LR Scope hit my mail box...at least you "get" to read about it. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

PO doesn't open until Noon on Saturdays and only to 2:00PM,but it worked out nicely. The Pea Soup finally lifted and I only got (2) High RPM rifles in yesterday's Mail and finally have the atmospherics to stretch 'em.

You set astride your couchbound kchunt and play with your Imagination and it's Pretend,you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your heart for CRYING.

Hint.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Trybone,

It's been nearly 5 fhuqking minutes since a new LR Scope hit my mail box...at least you "get" to read about it. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

PO doesn't open until Noon on Saturdays and only to 2:00PM,but it worked out nicely. The Pea Soup finally lifted and I only got (2) High RPM rifles in yesterday's Mail and finally have the atmospherics to stretch 'em.

You set astride your couchbound kchunt and play with your Imagination and it's Pretend,you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your heart for CRYING.

Hint.

...heh heh heh heh heh...

5-20X...congrats!

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Never even heard of 'em,let alone on a High RPM 22BR or a Vudoo........................(grin)

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I know you are on a budget, I just hope you can adjust the vertical parallax out of that. laugh

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fhuqking Klown Gun. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for Crying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You're just jealous because you screwed up mounting a scope on your AR.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have been buying Leupold VX-6HD every year, but if SWFA is what Big Stick likes, I will buy one of those too.

He is the DJT of 24HCF, with a billion dollars of bad publicity.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I have been buying Leupold VX-6HD every year, but if SWFA is what Big Stick likes, I will buy one of those too.

He [bleep] up more nice guns and displays them on 24HCF, with a billion dollars of bad publicity.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Let you know Chn . I just got 1 of those Savage M12 FV heavy barrels when the local Cabelas ran them for $319, the ergs on the stock were great , has the Accu-trigger. Cheapest velocity gain in the world is long barrel length I didn't buy the gun for brush hunting. I put a 20 MOA Blackhawk rail on it. The 30mm rings I have are to tall, I'll get shorter ones. Be shooting it this weekend for sure I've got 120 BT's ,130 gr TMK Sierras and some 140 gr Hornady BTHP's. So far with factory ammo I've noted real low recoil and great accuracy, all I needed was the scope to wring it out. MB

I'm running the same rifle. Shoots damn good, but I also fine tuned the bedding and barrel channel. Shoots much better than it came from the factory. Here's how it does with a 16x SS and a more expensive scope, for comparison. Probably didn't take as much time on the second group with the nightforce and the barrel was warm by the time it was sighted in... Pic just for reference, but I'd use either one of these scopes on this long range rig and also the SHV 5-20x56 is pretty damn nice. The SS will track precisely and it holds zero damn well:

[Linked Image]

I'd also be half tempted to try out a 3-15 SS..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Probably didn't take as much time on the second group with the nightforce and the barrel was warm by the time it was sighted in...

And the bore could be getting dirty, and the wind could be picking up, and the light could be failing so the pupil dilates, and the shooter could be getting tired, and......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tyrone
You're just jealous because you screwed up mounting a scope on your AR.

Trybone,

Your Tender Feelers are a fhuqking HOOT! Congratulations?!?

Start a Thread if/when you go Outdooors,beyond the fence and your leash.

Hint.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Start a Thread if/when you go shoot a match,beyond the trailer and your rock.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trybone,

Your MELTING Snowflake Routine,is no fhuqking "act". Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for Whining though.

Hint.

Laughing!...............

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C'mon Super Sniper, what about that 1-4x?

Tell us about all the times you got off that rock and brought the gold back to the trailer.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trybone,

What do you "do" for a "living",that "grants" you opportunity to amass sooooooooo many very WELL founded Insecurities? Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart,you lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You are hilarious! laugh I feel like all I need is a "stick" and the fun would be complete!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trybone,

You MAGNIFICENTLY Lying Piece Of fhuqking Schit...pardon my consuming your every thought and move Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for Whining.

Hint.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Chicoredneck,

I agree that the 3-15 would fit your requirements. Regarding the 3-15 SWFA. There are two versions while both are FFP, the MOA has a space in the reticle with dot in center. Mil has a solid crosshair.

I am very happy with the SWFA scopes I own.While the SS are great the HD models are even better. To date have had no issues with any of them.

SS 10x, SS 12x, SS 3-15 , long discontinued HD 1-4, HD 1-6, HD 5-20 illum. Considering a HD 10x and a few more 3-15s as well as at least one more 5-20.

Last edited by Azshooter; 07/12/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The 3-15x can be SFP too.

Hint.................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes I know but it would only be found used as it was discontinued a while back. I have one and prefer the FFP version as the SFP crosshair with the tiny dot IMO are a bit too fine for anything but varminting or targets.

I forgot I also have a HD 3-9......

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Azshooter
Yes I know but it would only be found used as it was discontinued a while back. I have one and prefer the FFP version as the SFP crosshair with the tiny dot IMO are a bit too fine for anything but varminting or targets.

I forgot I also have a HD 3-9......

I am also plagued with needing fat reticles for my old eyes.
I also just found out I bought a SWFA ultra light last year and forgot*.
But I generally like second focal plane better for wide reticles. I have no SWFA FFPs, but some of my USO and IOR scopes do and are unusable on low power, as the reticle disappears.

*When your memory is bad enough, you can hide your own Easter eggs.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've got the 3-15's,5-20's,3-9,1-4's etc...pass the Fixed Fhuqkers and hold the Fluff. 6x MQ for Utility,perhaps 10x MQ on a Play Toy,but less IS more.

Hint..............

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I've got the 3-15's,5-20's,3-9,1-4's etc...pass the Fixed Fhuqkers and hold the Fluff. 6x MQ for Utility,perhaps 10x MQ on a Play Toy,but less IS more.

Hint..............
That's pretty damn funny, you giving advice. How many matches have you won with *any* scope, much less a 10 MQ?

You are such a loser/poser.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trybone,

You poor poor(literally) Lying CLUELESS Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,I get a kick outta your VERY Tender Feelers...you "lucky" kchunt. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image]

Bless your heart for Crying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've been using a 4 to 16 X 50 PMII (Schmidt & Bender) for over 20 years now. Works like a charm out to 750 yards (which is the length of the field I hunt). One problem for you though - it weighs around 2lbs.
For the type of hunting I do I really am not concerned with weight. My current rifle/scope combo is around 14lbs.

Don smile

Speed Kills - With the right bullet.
Dre Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I saw tract has their long range scope in demo section as well.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Just got the Zeiss V4 6-24x50 with ZBR reticle going on a 300 Weatherby for elk season probably 6.5 Creedmoor after. Lots of reliable adjustment excellent glass. Very impressive at long range Saturday.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by specneeds
Just got the Zeiss V4 6-24x50 with ZBR reticle going on a 300 Weatherby for elk season probably 6.5 Creedmoor after. Lots of reliable adjustment excellent glass. Very impressive at long range Saturday.

Really like mine too. Good recommendation.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by rovert
I don't think many (any?) NF achieving at least 14x are going to make weight.

I have a SS 3-15 on my heavy .260. It works for me.

Yes! Love that scope!

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Check out the NF Atacr, they are pretty awesome

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I am biased, I admit, but the Schmidt &Bender 3-20 is the HEAT!! Fantastic magnification range, no tunneling, smaller than the 5-20, but possibly more useful. I have the 3-20 as well as the 5-25, and I THINK, I'm liking the 3-20 more. I run mine on my gasser GAP10, and couldn't be happier.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (222Sako, 163bc, 10Glocks, 16Racing, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 56 invisible), 2,508 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,072
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.