Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry for your losses.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wish I could say something that would matter. Thoughts and prayers from here.

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
My sincere condolences. God's peace. Amen.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
John,
Prayers sent or all the family members affected by these losses and difficulties. Too much all at once, that is for sure. It is hard to understand why things happen the way they do.

Walking through pioneer cemeteries it is shocking how many people died young, and so many young mothers dying in childbirth.

I just read about the prominent Missouri pioneer, Robert Campbell and his wife, Virginia, who in the 1840's lost seven of their ten children to disease, all before reaching the age of eight. The other three, all sons, reached adulthood. The sons never married. Is it any wonder, after seeing so much childhood tragedy in their own family. Three of the children died of measles, and some from pneumonia and from the Cholera epidemic that hit St. Louis in 1849. The disease peaked in July, killing 145 people in one day, 722 in one week. We can't imagine something like that happening today.

Anyway, John, you are in our prayers. Take care of yourself.
Milo

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
John,
So sorry to hear of the sadness in your family. I don't have any answers, but you are definitely in my prayers.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Seafire, My heart goes out to you and your wife for the loss you guys are feeling. Mid to late 80’s is a pretty good run but Kristina was far too young and I’ll keep her and her young family in my prayers. I’m finding that the older I get the more intimately I’ve come to know death. I also know that the more intimately I know death the better I know Gods love.

I hope the second half of 2019 is more kind to you than the first half.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Rough to hear and I'm sure harder to live. God Bless you and yours.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Condolences for your losses.

When friends and family start passing in big numbers, it really drives home the point that we are all travelers, just passing through.

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Gentlemen..

thanks for the kind words of condolences....

this isn't hitting me as hard as people are taking it as...Working in hospitals in the military and afterwards, and then working in the medical field for a couple of decades....I've a lot of people passing from a wide variety of conditions or circumstances... old age, to disease, cancer, heart problems, strokes etc...

It is something you get use to, and see it as a part of life. My Aunts, passing so close to my mom's time, just hits me more as odd... I am thankful each of them have had a full life, and fully expected they being in the twilight of their days.. just didn't expect each of them to come so close together in time. I think of them growing up via pictures I have of them all together taken in the 1930s, and then knowing they will each pass during a 4 month period in their later life. Just kind of mind boggling..

And then the subject of Kristina, under 40 yrs old... diagnosed with a stomach cancer, responding well to treatment and then overnight, it reverses itself and she passes in just days after the reversal...

All of these points, I see as ironic and out of the ordinary....

What does stay with me more, is the emotional pain experienced by each of those that are left.... in this case it is family members and those who are dear to me...it is for them that I feel for... empathy for what they have to go thru, yet helplessness on my part, not necessarily being able to be there for them in their time of need.. and if nothing else being able to comfort them, when this loss occurs.

Kristina, leaving behind a grieving Mother, a grieving husband and 4 young daughters who have no real concept of why they suddenly have this change in their lives.. and all at such a young age...

Please extend prayers for the departed to Rest in Peace, but the main people who could use them are those that are left behind and have to deal with a heavy loss so close to their hearts.. and in the case of Kristina's husband, mother and children.. a loss they don't understand.. something that will immediately change their entire lives forever....Those are the one's I love who need God's blessings and comfort at this heavy time of loss within their world...

Many thanks that showed they care.... Peace to each of you and blessings to you and your families...
may they all be healthy and safe this year and until its their time to be called home by the Good Lord.

best regards.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Dang Buddy, that's a double tough lick, God Bless All involved here.

Trump Won!
IC B3

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WOW,

Just saw the post John. Prayers offered.

Jeff

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm sorry to read this John.

My family has had several losses in the past few years as well.I always thought I would be much older.

May God bless your family and give everyone the strength to soldier on.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Prayers for your family.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Sorry for your losses. It's been a rough go for your family for sure. Prayers to you guys.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow, that is one tough run. My sincerest condolences. Don't you wonder how you cope when it just keeps hitting over and over. Lean on your friends a little cause you gotta let it out.

I wonder some days what it is all about. Hang in there cause good days gotta be coming.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Sorry to hear all this.. Prayers..

Molon Labe
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

439 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 52 invisible), 2,548 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,957
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.