Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
https://youtu.be/5LPiUIIl_L0

Things are going to get worse before they get better.

RS

GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Wow - that is a bad situation.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe the Chinese will help them out and that will give them a good start toward their colonization of Africa.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Maybe the Chinese will help them out and that will give them a good start toward their colonization of Africa.

Indeed.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I flew into Beira ten years ago. At the airport there are still marks from bullet strikes in the walls and a runway was still closed from shell craters. The inside of the terminal was pure early 1970's decor.

Some of the best Cape buffalo hunting in the world lies between Beira and the Zambezi river. The Marromeu swamp is low lying coastal flood plains teaming with game. The few people who live there are bushmen in grass huts. A reasonable assumption is that the cyclone will certainly not help the game, but is going to be devastating to desperately poor people living there. The reality of Africa can be brutal.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 405wcf
I flew into Beira ten years ago. At the airport there are still marks from bullet strikes in the walls and a runway was still closed from shell craters. The inside of the terminal was pure early 1970's decor.

Some of the best Cape buffalo hunting in the world lies between Beira and the Zambezi river. The Marromeu swamp is low lying coastal flood plains teaming with game. The few people who live there are bushmen in grass huts. A reasonable assumption is that the cyclone will certainly not help the game, but is going to be devastating to desperately poor people living there. The reality of Africa can be brutal.

I think that most Africans would be better off if they had become semi-autonomous European Colonies instead of fully independent Countries. Angola and Mozambique might have been the exception, since Portugal is probably the poorest western European Country and didn't put much money back into them.

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R

Unfortunately that train has already left the station. It's my opinion that by 2050 most of sub-Saharan Africa will be a de facto Chinese colony.

RS

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 405wcf

I think that most Africans would be better off if they had become semi-autonomous European Colonies instead of fully independent Countries. Angola and Mozambique might have been the

exception, since Portugal is probably the poorest western European Country and didn't put much money back into them.

Except when Mozambique went independent after the civil war it had the best RR system in all of Africa but had no clue as to how to run and service a RR after expelling all the Civil servants
and in 4 years it was a disaster. Just saying. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by RipSnort

Unfortunately that train has already left the station. It's my opinion that by 2050 most of sub-Saharan Africa will be a de facto Chinese colony.

RS

Yep.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

RS

There are around 1.4 billion Chinese and 1.3 billion Indians. about 36% of the World population, who need land to spread out on and bring civilization to the wilderness.

The Chinese and Indian version of Lebensraum is likely to make European colonization in the 19th and 20th Centuries look great in retrospect.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

RS

There are around 1.4 billion Chinese and 1.3 billion Indians. about 36% of the World population, who need land to spread out on and bring civilization to the wilderness.

The Chinese and Indian version of Lebensraum is likely to make European colonization in the 19th and 20th Centuries look great in retrospect.
+1 I think they are after mineral wealth, not being a welfare colonizer. Their tactic is simple, indebt the country then rape and pillage the mineral wealth, and their commerce.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
+1 I think they are after mineral wealth, not being a welfare colonizer. Their tactic is simple, indebt the country then rape and pillage the mineral wealth, and their commerce.

According to Netflix the Chinese are there to save the Africans from evil Western mercenaries.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 73 invisible), 2,680 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,907
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.