Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I like females as they seem to be easier to train for me and that leads to more personal enjoyment and a better bond IMO.......

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A friend of mine had about 25 English Pointers. Keeping the males separate and not fighting was a full time job.
I’ve only had setters. Fighting has not been a problem. Males are stronger but also hard headed.
I also lost my big male for 7 days in South Texas. He was lucky to survive the experience.
Have 2 females now . I’m pleased with them. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
A friend of mine had about 25 English Pointers. Keeping the males separate and not fighting was a full time job.
I’ve only had setters. Fighting has not been a problem. Males are stronger but also hard headed.
I also lost my big male for 7 days in South Texas. He was lucky to survive the experience.

Not sure how many Brian had when he was just Chokebore Kennels all total easily 25 Plus. Never seen a fight there. Not saying there was never a fight. But why would you put dogs down you know are going to fight? I can't see how it is a full time job. You take one out of the kennel you train, you take out the next. If you need two out than take out two you know get along. Not very hard at all.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Another consideration is size, males tending to be larger.

I currently have 3 female Labs, one of which is pregnant. I've owned Labs for almost 50 years, always females. I enjoy developing blood lines and breeding for hunters. I used to hunt a lot out of a canoe.. Did not want a hundred pound male jumping out/in the boat and so preferred smaller females.
I typically don't hunt very big water (EX: lower Columbia River) and so don't feel the need for the most powerful expression of the breed. I currently hunt most often with this female, #66 very agile, very fast.

[Linked Image]gas close to me

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Nebraska
I like females as they seem to be easier to train for me and that leads to more personal enjoyment and a better bond IMO.......

This is my take on it also. I don't breed though, so mine have all gotten spayed.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Originally Posted by Nebraska

This is my take on it also. I don't breed though, so mine have all gotten spayed.

plus when you take a break to eat a sandwich, they don't pop a boner...….females for me...….bob

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Envy can be a horrible thing to live with. Best to just turn away....

Males also will not give you an unplanned litter of Wireiel's. Toby would have boinked them all. He may have had to make them back up to a high rock, but I have faith....

laissez les bons temps rouler
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by battue
Envy can be a horrible thing to live with. Best to just turn away....

Males also will not give you an unplanned litter of Wireiel's. Toby would have boinked them all. He may have had to make them back up to a high rock, but I have faith....

LMAO

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

Not sure how many Brian had when he was just Chokebore Kennels all total easily 25 Plus. Never seen a fight there. Not saying there was never a fight. But why would you put dogs down you know are going to fight? I can't see how it is a full time job. You take one out of the kennel you train, you take out the next. If you need two out than take out two you know get along. Not very hard at all.

We used a 6 hole trailer and a 2 hole in the truck. Always tied them off short to the trailer. If we put the wrong two males side by side there would be a fight. Hasbeen

hasbeen

NRA Patron member
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

We used a 6 hole trailer and a 2 hole in the truck. Always tied them off short to the trailer. If we put the wrong two males side by side there would be a fight. Hasbeen

again how is that a full time job?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

again how is that a full time job?

Hope your smart enough to know that’s just a figure of speech. Maybe not. Hasbeen

hasbeen

NRA Patron member
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yes it is a figure of speech implying something is a burden or pain. So how is it such a burden or pain?

Personally if dogs really want to fight they have not been properly socialized.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes it is a figure of speech implying something is a burden or pain. So how is it such a burden or pain?

I must have said something to hurt your feelings or you have cabin fever.
In either case I’m not going to waste my time arguing with an internet expert. Hasbeen

hasbeen

NRA Patron member
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

I must have said something to hurt your feelings or you have cabin fever.
In either case I’m not going to waste my time arguing with an internet expert. Hasbeen

Didn't hurt my feelings any. No cabin fever here I am in the big city of kosice. Just pointing out that most well socialized dogs don't fight. Ones that do it's simple you don't put them down together. But some seem to think it's a full time job. But what the hell do I know?

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
My best dog was a bitch chocolate.Lab She titled easier and faster than any male I ever had, And as earlier posted was not hardheaded at all. She had more drive than any dog I've owned.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by longarm
Another consideration is size, males tending to be larger.

I currently have 3 female Labs, one of which is pregnant. I've owned Labs for almost 50 years, always females. I enjoy developing blood lines and breeding for hunters. I used to hunt a lot out of a canoe.. Did not want a hundred pound male jumping out/in the boat and so preferred smaller females.
I typically don't hunt very big water (EX: lower Columbia River) and so don't feel the need for the most powerful expression of the breed. I currently hunt most often with this female, #66 very agile, very fast.

[Linked Image]gas close to me

What a beautiful lab!!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Thank you Nebraska. She's preggers now. Looking forward to a basket of chocolate pups.
Here's a pic of her at ~1 year old watching coots swim through our decoys

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by longarm
Thank you Nebraska. She's preggers now. Looking forward to a basket of chocolate pups.
Here's a pic of her at ~1 year old watching coots swim through our decoys

[Linked Image]

Great looking dog there. Well porportioned and in shape.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Originally Posted by sidepass

That’s determination.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (19rabbit52, 1badf350, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 65 invisible), 2,607 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,689
Posts18,456,511
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.