Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
KC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Cabelas no longer honors their lifetime warranty. I just tried to return a Cabeals XPG tent that I bought a few years ago. The warranty that was in effect when I bought the tent was lifetime, no questions asked. But that's all over. Since they were bought by Bass Pro shop the new warranty is one year on Cabelas brand products and 60 days on everythng else.

Cabelas is betraying their customers. Bass Pro Shop and Cabelas are now both on my DO NOT BUY LIST. mad

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
What was the issue with the tent?

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Yeah.....is it broken?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep all of the Cabelas policy's have changed since BPS assumed ownership. I no longer shop at either as well and won't unless I get a gift card or something. BPS is only worried about the bottom line and not customers. Johnny Morris has got a lot of overhead to pay for and it won't be with any of my money. Too bad as they were both once decent stores.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Lots of equipment renters ruined that years ago. Don't bother me any.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I get a Bass Pro or Cabela's flyer in the mail about every week. I don't even look at them anymore...they go directly in the trash with all the Dish Network crap.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

KC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GregW
What was the issue with the tent?

The zipper on the door is toast.

It's still a good tent. I'm going to try to get the zipper replaced by a local soft goods repair shop. It's worth it.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
Yep all of the Cabelas policy's have changed since BPS assumed ownership. I no longer shop at either as well and won't unless I get a gift card or something. BPS is only worried about the bottom line and not customers. Johnny Morris has got a lot of overhead to pay for and it won't be with any of my money. Too bad as they were both once decent stores.

If you don't take care of customers, there won't be a bottom line worry about...not for long, anyway.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They also will not honor lifetime optics .

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
A lot of that you can thank the wear out a pair of boots over 20 years and have the balls to take them back for a new replacement crowd.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
A lot of that you can thank the wear out a pair of boots over 20 years and have the balls to take them back for a new replacement crowd.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
This

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Prwlr

^^^^^^^^^^^^
This

I was told that very thing when I visited the Sidney store many years ago. Sales guy said guides would outfit an entire camp, then return everything at the end of the season. Chutzpah, I believe it's called.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by KC
Cabelas no longer honors their lifetime warranty. I just tried to return a Cabeals XPG tent that I bought a few years ago. The warranty that was in effect when I bought the tent was lifetime, no questions asked. But that's all over. Since they were bought by Bass Pro shop the new warranty is one year on Cabelas brand products and 60 days on everythng else.

Cabelas is betraying their customers. Bass Pro Shop and Cabelas are now both on my DO NOT BUY LIST. mad

Cabelas had a great warranty but they are here in name only. The problem is where are you going to go to buy a tent? Dicks? REI? Wal Mart?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Most of the Cabelas branded stuff is also being phased out in favor of the Redhead Chinese garbage that lasts for one season, maybe two...

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Zippers are garbage anymore. Very seldom find even YKK zippers.

Lots of plastic garbage.

Your soft goods man might be able to fix it like you say.

A cobbler or leather man should be able as well.

I am MAGA.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

I was in cabelas in Rogers Mn several years ago, well before BP bought them. I was trying to exchange something for a different size, that bought the day before.
Some idiot was in line in front of me trying to get a new pair of boots. The ones he wanted to exchange were absolutely totally worn out. They were not defective, they were worn out. I never saw the outcome of that debate, but he was loud and very assertive that they owed him a new set of boots.
Guess some people think you can buy a new pair of boots or other clothing, wear it out and get a new pair and start all over.
If cabelas accommodated that mentality, they deserve to go under.

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Even Cabelas backed out of the no questions returns. Met one outfitter who bragged of buying entire camp outfits and returning all at the end of his seasons.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cabelas dropped the lifetime warranty because of warranty abuse.

Any large opperation offering up a lifetime warranty is setting itself up for abuse.

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TAGLARRY
Originally Posted by KC

Cabelas had a great warranty but they are here in name only. The problem is where are you going to go to buy a tent? Dicks? REI? Wal Mart?

Davis sells a tent or two each year

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
People are fugkers.
Originally Posted by Prwlr

^^^^^^^^^^^^
This

People are fugkers. Folks did the same thing with the Costco battery warranty.

Cabelas brand stuff has been getting worse and the price has been going up over the last 20 years. BPS house gear is near garbage. Most of it anyway.

Lucky to have Sportsman’s WH and good local shop. If they don’t carry it, there is always the web.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 61 invisible), 3,018 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,340
Posts18,468,711
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.