B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
My wife loves to hunt!

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mine hunts alone a lot. During Deer season it is nothing for her to be in the blind when I call. She enjoys it and is not afraid to be out alone. She has gotten several large deer on her own. The last couple of years she has started hunting Turkeys. Two weeks ago she picked off some piglets as the mother was in the trap. I was amazed. She has come a long way since we met. I've put up with her for the last 27 years. I need a Medal. smile

Jim

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Great story, WindDrift!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My last girlfriend liked to hunt - bows only.

I don't really "know" the other girl but she works the counter at the local gun emporium - big chain type of place. Good person behind the counter - knows the difference between a 308 and 223 boltface and once (being an azz) I asked "Ya got anything in 275 Rigby ?" she casually looked at me and said "Nothing in 7mm Mauser but we have a coupla 7-08 which would be very close and I can get you a Mauser in Ruger #1 - gonna take a few days".

I looked at my brother and said "It just moved". wink

Later I noticied her picture all over the employee bragging board with ducks, geese, some fish and good shooter deer.

I plan on becomming more regular at that place. wink

Me

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
My wife hunted alone shortly before we got engaged and now she hunts with me.

She's also responsible for rekindling my fondness for fishing. She's nagging me to get out there and cast....not the other way around.

We're going to bowhunt this year for elk and I'm looking forward to her getting her first bull on videotape.....should be quite cool.

We shoot our bows together after work....Fish....Shoot shotgun, rifle, and handguns.

I'm a lucky feller, I must admit.

[Linked Image]

We were dating for about 2 weeks when she showed up at my shop with 3 trout fillets she had caught that morning at the local reservoir by herself.....She is the only girl I know of who fishes by herself.

To say I was hooked was an understatement. grin

IC B2

H
H
My wife hunts and fishes with me. She is a rarity though as there aren't too many outdoorswomen around these parts....

Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife hunted the first time this year. She is hooked! It only took 22 years.

[Linked Image]

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
Elf Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wildone
I know one and she has an equal number of tooth(yes! tooth) 70 ish y/o lady up near my deer camp.Have never met any others. If I could meet one that would hunt and fish that would be awsome.

Not thinking you'll be finding many on the streets of Long Island wildone crazy

Gotta head outta the city and heck you met 2 females that hunt and fish your last trip to AK.. grin

I've just registered at the campfire and this looks like a good topic to start off with. I have hunted alone many times, almost always on family land or a friend's land, not on public land. Thats not because I was afraid of who I might encounter in the boonies, but because I was raised on a ranch and have access to a lot of private land.
Ive known several female hunters, starting with a friend back in high school and all would go off on their own and hunt. I dont necessarily mean go off on a trip alone, just hunt a different part of the mountain than the others in the group.

"If it cant be made in a dutch oven over a fire it probably isnt worth eating".....BMG
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cooll! Welcome to the fire Lady. Beware of the Campfire coffee. It makes ya nutz.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
OK, i will ask the million dollar question for you guys... bighorn mtn girl, are ya lookin or hitched already???????

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife hunts with me and has shot some game including a nice black bear. I've had quite a few Lady hunters in Africa too, none in Alaska though. Several of the ladies were hunting with husbands, and one in particular had her husband hunting with her. She seemed to be the more serious, or agressive of the two where hunting was concenred.

I have two ladies hunting this season well over 60 years old, and one father daughter team both hunting. The Daughter is 16 Years old.

I realize in this business I have greater resolution to the kinds of people you run into that hunt. I would not say that there are a lot of Female hunters, but enough that I no longer see it as a surprise or anything unusual.

There are also a few things that are very nice, or .........Hmmm not sure how to put this into English...........They are far more emotional, and much more satisfying to be with when they shoot something. Tears of joy remove all doubt about what they feel. Guys sometimes are hard to figure out. Ladies always seem to show with huge python level hugs, tears, smiles and pure joy. Guys not so much visual or emotional display.

One lady in particular after hours of tracking and a very diffuclt sneak through the grass and bush on hands and knees, made a magnificant shot folding a Zebra in it's tracks at well over 200 yards, I had to remind her that her husband was behind us watching! She nearly stopped my breathing with her death clamp hug, and the tears and her shaking and trembling followed.

This type of reaction to hunting is simply as good as it gets for me and makes my job so much more fun. When guys start doing this I'll have to find a new job!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Well tomahawk I'm not hitched as in married but I do have a guy broken in like a real comfortable pair of boots..... so I'm not really looking either.

"If it cant be made in a dutch oven over a fire it probably isnt worth eating".....BMG
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry Elf . No disrespect to you or MT blush, I was refering to my local area. I guess I gotta get up to the Daks ! grin grin

I Kill Things......deal with it..
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
man, I'm always huntin' females!!!!!!!!!

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Still look 'in but 'aint seen her in my woods yet...grin [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I know one around here; see her truck damn near every weekend...she hikes into alpine, runs a jon-boat around northern end of island by herself, hunts ducks...most times I see her alone; seen her with different guys once or twice. Not your average sheila--don't think she's out to prove anything, just likes to get out there.

Everything's better when wet--in Southeast AK!
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (Bama_Sleeper, Akhutr, 10Glocks, 7x57Hunter, batch, 10gaugemag, 11 invisible), 1,543 guests, and 857 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,228
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.