Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Switch Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
What scope are you using on your 22 Mag? Rimifire scope have parallax set at 50 to 60 yds, while full size scopes are set at 100 yds. What do you advise?

GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
A 4-12 with AO. Keep both ends dialed down for shooting around 50 yards unless/until you know you'll be shooting past 75 yards.

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Depends on the rifle and the use(s) you envision for it. No need for a Hubble on a walking-around utility gun or a truck gun; a fixed 4x or 2-7 would be fine. For an accurate bolt rifle to be used on small critters or targets, kragman1's 4-12 idea seems about right. I have a Bushnell Trophy XLT 4-12 AO on my SS CZ 455 .22 LR. It's springer airgun rated, has reliable clicks (so far) and cost me $131 on Amazon. Still out there in places, for under $200. No issues thus far as an airgun scope, on a .243, or where it's at now. Haven't used one on a rimfire yet, but the 6x42 SS would do it all too, as usual. Mine's going on another .22 very soon after a ride on my .308.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I second the 4-12. I have 2 22mag rifles, both with the Leupold 4-12x40AO scope w/fine duplex.. Perfect set-up

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by stevevan1
I second the 4-12. I have 2 22mag rifles, both with the Leupold 4-12x40AO scope w/fine duplex.. Perfect set-up

That’s what I used when I had a 22 mag.

NRA Patron
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've got a Leupold 8X W/ adjustable objective mounted on my Ruger American 22 mag.

I can set it for 25 yards for shooting pests around my place, or I can dial up parallax for shooting sage rats at longer distances.

Sent it in to Leupold and had a Leupold dot installed.

Works GREAT for me!

Virgil B.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No matter the platform,the 6x MQ is gonna crush 'em all.

Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
On my savage 93, I am running an weaver 9V 3x9 zeroed at 100 yard with Hornady V-max ammo. Magnification is set at 6 x as the cross hair sub tension fits perfectly with hold at 150 yards. Which is my max range. This works best for me. Your mileage may vary.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Stupid ain't ever smart.

Hint..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Depends on your budget and what you're going to use it for.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Stupid ain't ever smart.

Hint..................

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
dippshit stick: YOU.. should take your own advice!
Reality.....
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
VarmintGay,

Please find me "mistaken",as the attempt will be FUNNIER than fhuqk. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon an etched reticle,that can actually do something for a bullet's flight,conjoined with an erector that won't bobble,has HUGE internal travel and unwavering tracking...connecting all dots and then some. Hint.

Then add the 10yd parallax,AMAZING rugged reliability and it'll put into HILARIOUS perspective,your version of "knowledge","experience" and "results". Hint.

Bless your heart for trying though...as STUPIDITY is no fhuqking "act" for you.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Switch: First off pay NO attention what so ever to the ignoramus entity known as dippshit stick!
I'll tell you what I have on one of my 22 Magum Rifles and it has worked wonderfully well for me for over two years now.
My Browning 22 Magnum Varmint Model with wide forend factory wood stock performs extremely well with the Weaver V-16 (4 to 16 power variable) that I mounted on it.
I Hunt all manner of small game and Varmints with it.
These are wonderful and reliable scopes - I own several of them and some are fitted to centerfire Rifles and others to rimfire Rifles.
Never a failure and never a glitch.
The field of view is plenty for my uses and the adjustable objective is a BIG plus also.
This Rifle scope combination really shines in the Ground Squirrel Colonies.
Best of luck to you with whichever you choose.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Switch: First off pay NO attention what so ever to the ignoramus entity known as dippshit stick!
I'll tell you what I have on one of my 22 Magum Rifles and it has worked wonderfully well for me for over two years now.
My Browning 22 Magnum Varmint Model with wide forend factory wood stock performs extremely well with the Weaver V-16 (4 to 16 power variable) that I mounted on it.
These are wonderful and reliable scopes - I own several of them and some are fitted to centerfire Rifles and others to rimfire Rifles.
The field of view is plenty for my uses and the adjustable objective is a BIG plus also.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Varmintgay,

You couldn't "critique" a glass of water,let alone fill it by yourself. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..................

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I'm a fan of the Weaver V16s too.

I have several of them installed on rifles chambered for cartridges in a range from 17HM2 thru 260.

I've never had a single problem with any of them and recommend them highly.

Unlike some people, I never lay my rifles in water, so the application of colorful tape and plastic turret covers has never been necessary, but I was taught to treat firearms and people with respect and some people obviously never got that lesson.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V-16's can't/won't hold "zero",let alone "track" and shift POA/POI under zoom manipulations. They are tender pieces of Fhuqking Schit.

Hint...................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I too prefer to blame scopes for my inadequacies.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
PaulBurnedHard,

Like YOU could "afford" a scope. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Brokedick CLUELESS Fhuqks are a HOOT. Hint.

Bless your heart for crying.

Hint.

Laughing!...………………...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wow the twigster is in rare form tonight. Spewing the same phrases as he does on every other post of his. Twig you must love copy and paste. So what’s your IQ? 10 ? Maybe you have sap build up and it’s making you edgy. Farm animals not receptive to your advances anymore? Do everyone a favor (especially the farm animals) and take the problem in hand.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

556 members (1minute, 260Remguy, 270wsmnutt, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10GaugeKS, 58 invisible), 2,135 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,287
Posts18,448,910
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.