Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Switch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
What scope are you using on your 22 Mag? Rimifire scope have parallax set at 50 to 60 yds, while full size scopes are set at 100 yds. What do you advise?

GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
A 4-12 with AO. Keep both ends dialed down for shooting around 50 yards unless/until you know you'll be shooting past 75 yards.

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Depends on the rifle and the use(s) you envision for it. No need for a Hubble on a walking-around utility gun or a truck gun; a fixed 4x or 2-7 would be fine. For an accurate bolt rifle to be used on small critters or targets, kragman1's 4-12 idea seems about right. I have a Bushnell Trophy XLT 4-12 AO on my SS CZ 455 .22 LR. It's springer airgun rated, has reliable clicks (so far) and cost me $131 on Amazon. Still out there in places, for under $200. No issues thus far as an airgun scope, on a .243, or where it's at now. Haven't used one on a rimfire yet, but the 6x42 SS would do it all too, as usual. Mine's going on another .22 very soon after a ride on my .308.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I second the 4-12. I have 2 22mag rifles, both with the Leupold 4-12x40AO scope w/fine duplex.. Perfect set-up

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by stevevan1
I second the 4-12. I have 2 22mag rifles, both with the Leupold 4-12x40AO scope w/fine duplex.. Perfect set-up

That’s what I used when I had a 22 mag.

NRA Patron
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've got a Leupold 8X W/ adjustable objective mounted on my Ruger American 22 mag.

I can set it for 25 yards for shooting pests around my place, or I can dial up parallax for shooting sage rats at longer distances.

Sent it in to Leupold and had a Leupold dot installed.

Works GREAT for me!

Virgil B.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No matter the platform,the 6x MQ is gonna crush 'em all.

Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
On my savage 93, I am running an weaver 9V 3x9 zeroed at 100 yard with Hornady V-max ammo. Magnification is set at 6 x as the cross hair sub tension fits perfectly with hold at 150 yards. Which is my max range. This works best for me. Your mileage may vary.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Stupid ain't ever smart.

Hint..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Depends on your budget and what you're going to use it for.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Stupid ain't ever smart.

Hint..................

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
dippshit stick: YOU.. should take your own advice!
Reality.....
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
VarmintGay,

Please find me "mistaken",as the attempt will be FUNNIER than fhuqk. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon an etched reticle,that can actually do something for a bullet's flight,conjoined with an erector that won't bobble,has HUGE internal travel and unwavering tracking...connecting all dots and then some. Hint.

Then add the 10yd parallax,AMAZING rugged reliability and it'll put into HILARIOUS perspective,your version of "knowledge","experience" and "results". Hint.

Bless your heart for trying though...as STUPIDITY is no fhuqking "act" for you.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Switch: First off pay NO attention what so ever to the ignoramus entity known as dippshit stick!
I'll tell you what I have on one of my 22 Magum Rifles and it has worked wonderfully well for me for over two years now.
My Browning 22 Magnum Varmint Model with wide forend factory wood stock performs extremely well with the Weaver V-16 (4 to 16 power variable) that I mounted on it.
I Hunt all manner of small game and Varmints with it.
These are wonderful and reliable scopes - I own several of them and some are fitted to centerfire Rifles and others to rimfire Rifles.
Never a failure and never a glitch.
The field of view is plenty for my uses and the adjustable objective is a BIG plus also.
This Rifle scope combination really shines in the Ground Squirrel Colonies.
Best of luck to you with whichever you choose.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Switch: First off pay NO attention what so ever to the ignoramus entity known as dippshit stick!
I'll tell you what I have on one of my 22 Magum Rifles and it has worked wonderfully well for me for over two years now.
My Browning 22 Magnum Varmint Model with wide forend factory wood stock performs extremely well with the Weaver V-16 (4 to 16 power variable) that I mounted on it.
These are wonderful and reliable scopes - I own several of them and some are fitted to centerfire Rifles and others to rimfire Rifles.
The field of view is plenty for my uses and the adjustable objective is a BIG plus also.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Varmintgay,

You couldn't "critique" a glass of water,let alone fill it by yourself. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..................

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I'm a fan of the Weaver V16s too.

I have several of them installed on rifles chambered for cartridges in a range from 17HM2 thru 260.

I've never had a single problem with any of them and recommend them highly.

Unlike some people, I never lay my rifles in water, so the application of colorful tape and plastic turret covers has never been necessary, but I was taught to treat firearms and people with respect and some people obviously never got that lesson.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V-16's can't/won't hold "zero",let alone "track" and shift POA/POI under zoom manipulations. They are tender pieces of Fhuqking Schit.

Hint...................

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I too prefer to blame scopes for my inadequacies.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
PaulBurnedHard,

Like YOU could "afford" a scope. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Brokedick CLUELESS Fhuqks are a HOOT. Hint.

Bless your heart for crying.

Hint.

Laughing!...………………...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wow the twigster is in rare form tonight. Spewing the same phrases as he does on every other post of his. Twig you must love copy and paste. So what’s your IQ? 10 ? Maybe you have sap build up and it’s making you edgy. Farm animals not receptive to your advances anymore? Do everyone a favor (especially the farm animals) and take the problem in hand.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
JimSchitsinhand,

You aren't going to purchase more IQ,nor get a First Clue...so how/why could things "change". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Be SURE to start a Thread,once you've "seen" the first scope that steers bullets. Hint.

Bless your heart for crying.

Hint.

Laughing!...……………..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Little twig I have had and have several that all ready do.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So riddle me this Batman, why is it that a guy who is so profoundly versed in all things optics, ............. never post in the optics forum? I’m sure the whole gang there can’t wait to be educated by the twig and his leaky sap issue.
Hint.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
lol,

Nikon Prostaff Target 3-9x40 EFR's are fantastic rimfire scopes. If you shop around you can get one for around $175.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I use a 4-12x AO Vortex Crossfire on my CZ455 that I moved over from a 10/22. It works fine, but I don't think the AO is really needed.
Adjustable objective or parallax adjustment need depends on whether you intend to shoot smaller size targets at close range with high magnification. I find that useful for .22lr, but not for the .22WMR.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I like AO on all my rimfire but I agree with poodleshooter - not as needed on the magnums

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Stupid ain't ever smart.

Hint..................

I wish you would give it up.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Went with AO on my Fireball and on one of my .22 rifles because I can be rather deliberate with either of those. Just something else to fiddle with when I want to be more precise. The 10/22 has a 2.5-8x36 Leupold on it and that works just fine as a shoot-um-up scope. More than once I've been fiddling with that AO and the target in question left the scene.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Have yet to send my Leupold 2-7X in for parallax adjust.
Might move it to .22 magnum if I find a fixed 6X w AO for the fingergroove 10/22

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Fhuqktards are a hoot!

Hint...…………...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Switch
What scope are you using on your 22 Mag? Rimifire scope have parallax set at 50 to 60 yds, while full size scopes are set at 100 yds. What do you advise?

Used to be 4-12's, then I went to 4-16 on 22mags. These are mostly window guns/truck guns for groundsquirrels and chucks, some pd's. The 16x works just fine, it's not too much and gets used a lot. When there's just a bit of the chuck's head visible with an eye peering from between a couple rocks at 75-100yds, or that potgut (groundsquirrel) head is the only thing visible sticking out of a hole, it's nice to have the extra power. The truck guns have 4-16 Japanese Weavers and I'm satisfied with them. They're a decent size for the power, turrets are decently not too tall, optics are fine, fine crosshairs I like, and they've held up well to being banged around since the mid-90's. There are other scopes that would also be good or better, but I have these and they've worked well for me.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
I had a Vortex 2-7 put on my Savage.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Ackman: The weather has been iffy at best here in SW Montana for the last two weeks.
I had the Browning T-Bolt Varmint in 22 Magnum out with the Weaver V-16 on it this mid-day - was a bit cool and windy so the Ground Squirrels weren't "showing well".
That extra power comes in handy when they are staying down in the rims of their dens with just their heads showing now and then.
Only got 20 or so today but they were on the neighbors place and they appreciate the efforts before the first litters of pups are propagated then get out destroying crops.
I think the Weaver V-16's are an EXCELLENT value for monies spent, on the used market!
By the way most of my Weaver V-16's have the fine cross-hairs and fine dot reticles.
These work wonderfully well on Ground Squirrels and I have been using them for 20+ years now.
Not so well (I have found out) for when a Jack Rabbit gets flushed and is on the run - the fine dot is so fine its hard to find/maintain on a running Jack.
It's snowing now here in the early evening.
Come on spring.
Long live the Weaver V-16!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Poodleshooter: I have many dozens of scopes on my rimfire and centerfire Varmint Rifles - dozens more on Big Game Rifles.
I do NOT seek out scopes (and haven't for decades!) that do not have adjustable objective features on them.
The adjustable objective feature in my lengthy experience has been, and is, worth the modest extra cost.
It is also a good selling point should one ever wish to sell a scope or a Rifle/scope combination.
If you can get along without the adjustable objective feature that is fine with me but I long ago learned to appreciate, seek out and use their benefits.
Keep after'em.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
JimHnSTL: Amen!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jeezus Gawd you CLUELESS Fhuqktards are a hoot!

Hint......................

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
A buddy asked me to post some photos of his 77/22 & Weaver T16 groups. Looks like it has worked pretty well for him.

[Linked Image]

Walther 22lr barrel threaded into older 77/22. Tight chamber, trigger down to 12oz. And Weaver V-16, been on there since late 90’s and used a whole lot. Still works just fine. Gun seems to shoot pretty well.

[Linked Image]

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
OSU Sig: Sure looks like that Rifle loves the Winchester Jacketed Hollow-Points!
And contrary to "contrary dippshit dipstick's" blatherings the Weaver V-16 on that Rifle is obviously performing extremely well also!
Take it to the bank - Weaver V-16's are excellent and reliable scopes.
Never had a failure or problem with any of mine, either.
Thanks for sharing your friends experiences.
Tell him - cool Rifle, from me.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I've had a first generation Nikon Pro-Staff 2-7x32 on my .22 mag. for about the last 15 years. It is supposedly a shotgun scope and set parralax free at 75 yards. It has worked very well at typical woods ranges where I use it for squirrels in the fall and in the open fields for woodchucks and crows in the summer. It has held zero just fine and I can consistently shoot 5 shot groups you can cover with a dime at 50 yards and sub MOA at 100.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
VarmintGuy, I'll certainly tell him of your thoughts but I'm pretty sure he's already seen them. I just saw he's online.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In actuality,this is a Weaver T-16...but I do get a kick outta you DUMB Fhuqks doing your best. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image]

The MQ aboard same,is simply vastly superior,from any/all angles.

Hint.

[Linked Image]

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some...thus being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess. The Weaver variables are simply fhuqking Dog Schit.

My RAR 22LR shoots better than the Walther spouted Goat fhuqk.

[Linked Image]

Hint...............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gawwwdamnit...schit,

I fhuqking forgot I have another T-16 on a fhuqking Cooper 233.

[Linked Image]

My bad.

Oooopsie!

Hint......................

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
What, you looking for a gold star? You have lots of stuff and you shoot a lot. Thats great.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Wonder why when we see stick we don't see ranting? He doesn't post on a thread where ranting is posting and ranting doesn't post on a thread where stick is posting...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I put an old Leupold 2x7x38mm on mine.It works great and fits the profile nice on my Henry pump 22mag.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Wonder why when we see stick we don't see ranting? He doesn't post on a thread where ranting is posting and ranting doesn't post on a thread where stick is posting...

I was wondering the same. I still wonder why the twigster doesn’t share all this knowledge with the optics forum. We all should truly feel blessed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You gals will haveta' pardon my simply shooting it all and then some...thus being afforded the luxuries,of not being forced to guess. Not that I don't VERY much fhuqking enjoy you Drooling DUMB Fhuqks and your perpetual guessing. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your hearts for TRYING.

Hint.................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Twig all you do is post the same dribble and post the same pictures of the same pea shooters with occasional fish for scale and that’s it. You’re a [bleep]-pea-on. If you have something to share by all means put a comprehensive sentence out there. So what is it really, you’re about 13, maybe 14 and daddy didn’t love you? It’s ok. It wasn’t your fault. But you just make this so easy for the real public to pick apart. I would love nothing more than for a real knowledgeable shooter to share their experience and expertise. Unfortunately your well seems to be empty.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
JimKchunt,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST.

I rather enjoy you Brokedick CLUELESS Fhuqks,doing your best.

Hint.................

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
Oh man I cant wait to put a 30mm scope with 6x magnification, and huge target turrets on my RIMFIRE HUNTING RIFLE!!! What a load of freakin crap. Hahaha

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Vasquez956
Oh man I cant wait to put a 30mm scope with 6x magnification, and huge target turrets on my RIMFIRE HUNTING RIFLE!!! What a load of freakin crap. Hahaha
Nor do I want to haul a giant azz 4-16 AO that's half as big as the rifle around the woods and fields with me. I don't need to see the fuggin fleas in a woodchucks ear to kill it, nor do I wish to shoot flies in outer space with my .22 mag...

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Nor do I want to haul a giant azz 4-16 AO that's half as big as the rifle around the woods and fields with me. I don't need to see the fuggin fleas in a woodchucks ear to kill it, nor do I wish to shoot flies in outer space with my .22 mag...

I'm with you guys on the whole "telescope on a rimfire" thing, but I do like a 3 or 4-12 on a magnum. Even on a good 22lr. I'm not a fan of large objective lenses.
A 6X on the small side for an lr suits me fine though. I have rifles set up both ways, and I find that its the weight of a large scope that puts me off, not the magnification. Of course, I don't leave them on 12X, but its there if I want it.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by kragman1
Originally Posted by Blackheart

I'm with you guys on the whole "telescope on a rimfire" thing, but I do like a 3 or 4-12 on a magnum. Even on a good 22lr. I'm not a fan of large objective lenses.
A 6X on the small side for an lr suits me fine though. I have rifles set up both ways, and I find that its the weight of a large scope that puts me off, not the magnification. Of course, I don't leave them on 12X, but its there if I want it.
I had a 4-12 on my .222 for awhile. Hated the damn big thing and never needed the 12x magnification for shooting varmints out to 250 yards. Went back to a straight 6x on that .222 and lived with it happily till I sold it several years later. I now have a 3-9x40 on one of my .223's and a 2-7x32 on the other and have no problem killing chucks out to 250-300 yards with them. I sure as hell don't need more x's on my .22 mag. than on my .223's..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Scope's are simply steering devices,to align POA/POI with projectiles.

That whether a .177 Springer(FWB 300S).

Hint.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Various 22LR and Hummer High Zoot Wares.

Hint.

[Linked Image]

Flyweight Custom Killing Rifle(Montucky 6BR no-turn).

Hint.

[Linked Image]

Or a true smattering.

Hint.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I get it...that you CLUELESS Fhuqks are Clueless and don't discount the fhuqking HILARITY,of you gals doing your best,as you talk out your asses.

Hint..............

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
All ornaments aside, it doesn't take much of a scope to wring out good results with a rimfire.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
PaulBurnedhard,

You've never even fhuqking "seen" a good scope,let alone a good rimfire.Let alone have an inkling...to the relative abilities of the melding. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Just sayin'.

Hint..................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Got purty fhuqking QUIET.

I wonder why?

LAUGHING!

Hint..............

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I wonder why?

LAUGHING!

Hint..............

Well twiggy because we all are laughing at you so hard no one can type .
Bwaaaaaaaa Haaaaa Haaaaaaa Ha !!!

Oh and so not to come off too insensitive, Happy Easter.

Last edited by JimHnSTL; 04/20/19.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL

I wonder why?

LAUGHING!

Hint..............

Oh and so not to come off too insensitive, Happy Easter.

Your mind numbing brokedicktitude,is REALLY "convincing". Congratulations?!?

Hint...................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
shooting groundsquirrels yesterday. Lousy conditions, still a lot of snow and 15 mph wind. Shots from 5 to about 130yds using 22mag and 17AH. My guns had 4-16's and power was cranked all the way quite a bit of the time. If you've got it you'll use it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ackmam',

"Compelling" as per your always. Congratulations?!?

You STUPID Fhuqks are Hilarious...especially when doing your "best".

Hint.............

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I wonder why?

LAUGHING!

Hint..............

Oh and so not to come off too insensitive, Happy Easter

Don't you think its a little insensitive to say that to someone that God sat an Egg on his shoulders
and painted a FooManChu on it along with a pair of beady little eyes, and a stupid look on it??

But in step with the Holiday... Happy Easter Egghead...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Seafire

I wonder why?

LAUGHING!

Hint..............

Oh and so not to come off too insensitive, Happy Easter

Don't you think its a little insensitive to say that to someone that God sat an Egg on his shoulders
and painted a FooManChu on it along with a pair of beady little eyes, and a stupid look on it??

But in step with the Holiday... Happy Easter Egghead...

NOTHING is fhuqking funnier,than Shefire's Opiates talking. Congratulations?!?

Hint..............

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Dippschidt dipstick: Nothing is funnier than you thinking YOU are relevant!
I feel sorry for you.
You are a waste of humanity and oxygen.
Reconsider you offensive and ill advised persona.
Or don't - no one really cares.
Hint.....
Sad.....
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'Gay,

Maybe state that you "don't care" and "threaten" Imaginary Pretend Ignore,for MAXIMUM "effect"? Congratulations?!?

LAUGHING!

You poor poor(literally) CLUELESS Fhuqk.

Hint....................

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

229 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 257 mag, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 300jimmy, 16 invisible), 1,407 guests, and 913 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,301
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.