-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This country was founded on freedoms. Not to be taken away by some limp Dick In an office someplace..

grin grin grin grin grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

For destruction, regardless of manufacturer or model, a bump stock must be made incapable of being readily restored to its intended function by, for example, crushing, melting or shredding the bump stock.
Bump stocks may also be destroyed by cutting, so long as the bump stock is completely severed in the areas constituting critical design features, denoted by the red lines in the specific model of bump stock destruction diagrams that follow.
The bump stock must be completely severed in each area indicated by the red line.
Destroying a bump stock using any other method may be legally insufficient, such that continued possession of the device may violate 18 U.S.C. 922(o).

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'll bet benchmade would be eager to aid in cutting.

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The bottom-line is the 2nd Amendment has been infringed upon for a long time and nothing has been done. A few years back I criticized supposedly pro-gun politicians, the NRA, the Republican party and most gun owners by talking about pro-gun political forces for always fighting on the defensive. I postulated that instead of always fighting a defensive battle where eventually we know we will give ground, we should have been taking things back. I got criticized and laughed at. I had talked about repeal of the GCA for starters, legalizing machine guns, etc. There are/were also smaller things that could be done. Stuff like making it legal to buy handguns across state lines without going through an FFL, for instance. This for example, is something that no longer has any real justification and hasn't ever since the Brady Check system-now the Instant Check, went into place. The only visible reason for it is harassment of people trying to buy a gun. And yet, we gun owners put up with that and other arguably more egregious violations.

In the end, a big part of it is the effectiveness of a divide-and-conquer strategy. Of the pool of gun owners, only a minute few actually own bump stocks. A human tendency is to pretty much ignore that which doesn't affect you directly. I'm really surprised that there is as much uproar as there is about them-but there should be much, much more.

A member on here is fond of asking the rhetorical question: "200 million gun owners and only 5 million NRA members...what if there were 100 million NRA members?" or something to that effect. I'm not sure an organization that isn't 100% behind guns or their owners is the answer. What I'm sure is the answer is gun owners coming together in a much larger group and getting 100% behind guns and each other. IOW, no more debate about Universal Background Checks-they simply cannot be. No more "having the conversation" about Red Flag Laws-a simple no. AWB revisited? Not just no, but hell no. We must remember that when all the AR's have been turned in and crushed, all the bump stocks made into fidget spinners and even all the handguns dumped into the ocean, then they will come after your 700 and your model 21. In the end, it isn't even about guns. It is about the means to resist tyranny. Guns are a symbol of freedom and the ability to resist tyrants and those who are anti-freedom and pro-tyranny hate them. More than that, they hate those behind them.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
only a minute few actually own bump stocks.

500,000 is a minute number? grin

Bone head

MOLON LABE

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anybody can bump-fire any semiauto long gun with more recoil than a 22LR with just a bit of practice: no bump stock, just a finger.

But it’s a silly practice—just a pointless waste of ammunition.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Quak
Can’t read your post thanks to the ignore feature... but GFYS

Ditto.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by watch4bear
[Linked Image]

Where do the bullets go in that machine gun?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
quote...

"Bump stocks — the gun add-ons that can dramatically increase their rate of fire — are now officially illegal in the U.S., after a Trump administration
ban took effect Tuesday. Anyone selling or owning bump stocks could face up to 10 years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000 for each violation.

Chief Justice John Roberts declined to hear an appeal from gun makers on the new ban Tuesday, allowing it to remain in place.
A separate appeal that seeks a stay on enforcing the ban is before Justice Sonia Sotomayor."

Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
The bottom-line is the 2nd Amendment has been infringed upon for a long time and nothing has been done. .

Gov. knows from past experience that the people are a push over.

The gun tribe allows their cousin bmpStk owners to be thrown into the volcano as a sacrifice all in hope of appeasing the Gods
from outlawing anything else in the future .. whistle

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I don't have one, but if I did, I sure as [bleep] wouldn't be turning it in.
Ditto... Eff 'em..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1eyedmule, 007FJ, 270winchester, 22250rem, 12344mag, 270wsmnutt, 50 invisible), 2,198 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,239
Posts18,466,760
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.