Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by 12344mag
"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

I've always liked that one Mag. cool

Trump Won!
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
“You know what the fellow said – in Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace – and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.”
Orson Welles as Harry Lime in "The Third Man"

"All I want is to enter my house justified."
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Whom the mad would destroy, first they make Gods. Bernard Levin

Originally Posted by kid0917
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special.

Stephen Hawking

I heard he was no longer an atheist.
Sad.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I heard one . . .

'That which kills you makes me stronger"

. . . or something like that.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

Yogi Berra

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Those who chose their friends by their wealth and social statue usually deserve them. UNK

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Never think with your emotions - Nord Davis jr.

Don't piss down my back and tell me its raining - Fletcher in Jose Wales.

Are you going anywhere with this or are you just running laps. - H.A. Covington

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Why is it experience is something you get right after you need it

"We are building a dictatorship of relativism which recoqnizes nothing as definitive and whose ultimate goal consists solely of ones own self ego and desires."Cardinal Rathzinger
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Lots of good quotes

Last edited by hanco; 03/29/19.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Used that many times in my office.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Also:

Good decisions come from experience. And experience? Well, that comes from bad decisions..

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My dad on making-money
If it was easy everyone would be doing it.

Best way to double your is money is to fold it and put it back in your pocket. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
My dad on making-money
If it was easy everyone would be doing it.

Best way to double your is money is to fold it and put it back in your pocket. Hasbeen

I’d have a lot more money if I would leave the Sakos and Kleinguenther’s alone. And Savage 99’s now

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That’s why men have nipples, just in case...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is no such thing as fool proof to a sufficiently talented fool!

Push the button Max!

You simple headed gerken!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I still get a chuckle every time I think of that line from Bohemian Rhapsody, when the reporter asks Freddie Mercury why he has never bothered to get his teeth fixed, and Freddie says:

"I live in England and I don't want to stick out"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Years ago, I was working at the frozen cheeseburger factory in the IT department. In order to enhance the login screen for the network, I added a "quote of the day" at the bottom. One day a particular quote came up and my boss threw a fit and made me get rid of the quotes. Later that day, one of the owners called me up and asked me where the quotes had gone. I told him. He called me up to his office.

The quote that had set things off was a quote on the futility of Democracy. I wish I could find it. It was a brilliant quote that very quickly exposed Democracy as a fool's errand. In a couple of sentences, it reduced Democratic ideals to ashes in a way that was easy to see and affirm. You could not help but be taken away by it-- until you saw who was being quoted, Adolf Hitler.

GOTCHA. I wish I could find the quote again. It's not out on the web, at least not that I could find. If I remember correctly Hitler said it in a speech celebrating the burning of the Reichstag. It was pure genius-- evil genius, but genius nonetheless.

I had to go up to the owner's office. We were on good terms. He'd actually been the guy to interview and hire me. I thought I was going to get the sack. I was already to apologize for the transgression. It was a service. I had no idea they were going to throw in a quote from Hitler. The owners were Jewish. My goose was cooked.

Mister D. welcomed me into the office, and had me sit down.

What had happened to the quote of the day? I told him.

Who made the decision? It was my boss, but I'd complied immediately.

Why? I gave as good an explanation as I could.

Put it back. (huh?)

Put it back. Yes sir!

Mister D. had loved the Hitler quote. Even he'd been taken in by it. He'd written it down in his diary. He said it reminded him of how easy it is to get sucked in. He was going to tell his friends at temple about it. I knew one of his friends was one of my old bosses from the mutual fund company. He'd helped me get the job. All these prominant Jewish businesmen were going to be talking about me and the dang Hitler quote. Mister D. and I remained friends and he gave me good references for the next 20 years. The quote of the day went back up for a while. I was told to find another less controversial login screen after the D. brothers retired.

So here I am with no quote and only a story about the quote. I looked for it before making this submission. This is a variation on the quote that I dug up:

.democracy will in practice lead to the destruction of a people's true values. And this also serves to explain how it is that people with a great past from the time when they surrender themselves to the unlimited, democratic rule of the masses slowly lose their former position; for the outstanding achievements of individuals...are now rendered practically ineffective through the oppression of mere numbers.

It's far too wordy and less to the point. It comes from earlier in Hitler's career. By the time he got it right in 1933, it had been distilled into one easily-digested pill of evil wisdom. Hitler was probably right. Democracy does kind of suck. Churchill, at least in a way, agreed with him when he said:

Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.…

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
It would be good if we could get rid of the Dumass Dumbocrats

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"HELL AIN'T HALF-FUL YET!"

Me

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 64 invisible), 2,609 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,692
Posts18,456,554
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.