Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
It's a little late to be asking now, since I already booked and sent a deposit, but does anyone have any experience with this outfitter?
I'm doing a pronghorn hunt with them in Oct., near New Castle Wy. It's my first ever goat hunt and I'm wondering what to expect with them.

Accommodations are at a place called The Flying V Lodge. From photos online, it looks pretty comfortable, but would appreciate any feedback on it as well.

Also, if things work out well on this hunt, I might consider booking a Muley hunt with them next year. Again, looking for opinions on that hunt with this outfitter, good or bad. Looking for quantity and quality of animals, accommodations, etc. I've read that the Muley population has taken a hit lately with drought conditions. Is that true?

All responses and opinions greatly appreciated.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
BP-B2

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I have no experience with your outfitter, but have hunted Wyoming for antelope a few times, in different parts of the state. I am confident you should have no problem finding a nice buck. If you have access to a range where you can shoot 200 and 300 yards take advantage of it. I have found a 200 yard zero works well for me. Good luck on your hunt!

On a side note Antelope meat is one of my favorites.

E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Nobody, huh? Well, I guess I'll see when I get there....

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Did you ask this question on the accuratereloading.com forums?
I'd give that place a try.

Politics is War by Other Means
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I've talked to them a few times about elk hunting. I'm still trying to decide when and what area to apply for. I have 7 points!

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I’ve looked at them due to hearing about someone local to me hunting elk with them once. Not sure what ever happened on that hunt though.

That said, I want to say their short goat hunts were well over $2000. You could easily do a DYI hunt and shoot a good goat for far less in WY.

E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Their three day hunts, and their pricing for same, seem to be pretty much in line, (which means some were a little more, and some were a little less), with most of the outfitters I've researched in multiple states. I realize that a DYI hunt is completely possible for far less in Wyoming, and many other states for that matter. However, there is quite a bit to be said for outfitter exclusive access to private ranches, assistance with licenses and tags, accommodations and meals, scouting and various other details of the hunt. This convenience all must come with some sort of price tag. At the age of 62, as long as the price is fair compensation, and not totally out of line, I am quite willing to pay for someone else to take care of the details. If I was still a young buck in my 20's, 30's, or even 40's, it might be a different story. Everybody has their own situation, and what works for me, might not work for you, and vice versa.

Hold into the wind.

Last edited by eaglemountainman; 03/29/19.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
644 members (1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 257 mag, 73 invisible), 2,764 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,130
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.