Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I just read a post on this forum about the great pre 64 rifle ! When the rifle world went for a [bleep] and started to cheap out after pre 64 , no sight , no claw extactor, push feed, >>RAG TALK<<>> Hell you have a 300 weth you can do with a 22 inch barrel!! For a period of time when the Rifle world went Mad!> and the Rags went with them !! Yes The pre 64 was GOLD! I so where in price does a pre 64 stand in price today?? I bought in 1984 a CZ 602 Brno 375H&H even better then the pre 64 for 450 bucks>that's right! The only pre 64 I have a hard on would be a 300H&H>> Your Thoughts

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I think you were absent from English class for starters.

You asked a question but appear to have a premise to discuss. So, not sure what you really want. Many people appreciate a pre 64, esp older ones for their workmanship. They are marvelous machines. Some people think that makes them very valuable. We still don't know what you really want to talk about. Let's start there.

The way life should be.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I tried understanding op but my head started to throb and I felt like I needed a shot bourbon. Good luck. Im outa here.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
if you have the ability take a pre-64 Winchester model 70 apart ,then put it back together and use it for a year. then take a new bolt action "any brand" apart and put it back together and use it for a year . check out the workmanship of both rifles, how smooth both are, how well these rifles are put together .then get back to us ,we already know the answer: that old pre 64 model is a jewel compared to any new rifle made today.i own 10 per -64 model 70`s and as long as i am alive they won`t be forsale ever ,i may give one to a friend or family member some day. best in 20 years to ask my son or grandkids. winchester pre64 model 70`s,Savage 99`s ,Ruger #1`s and 77`s,old Sako`s ,old Remington 700`s >these are some of the finest rifles ever made and the reason: people in the old days cared more ,manufactures did try to save a nickel on rifle with cheaper parts.

Last edited by pete53; 04/04/19.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

If you have to ask, you’ll never know.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bluefish
I think you were absent from English class for starters.

You asked a question but appear to have a premise to discuss. So, not sure what you really want. Many people appreciate a pre 64, esp older ones for their workmanship. They are marvelous machines. Some people think that makes them very valuable. We still don't know what you really want to talk about. Let's start there.

I think the OP's username explains it all.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Seems to know more about English and grammar than rifle cartridges though.....

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
From 1964-1992ish,a pre-64 Winchester was the only option for a USA made CRF rifle. To be honest Winchester quality didn't just fall over a cliff in 1964, the rifles made since the end of WW-II were declining. But during that 30 year period ANY pre-64 sold at a premium, and many were used as the basis for custom rifles. Winchester brought back CRF in the early 90's, Ruger started making true CRF rifles at about the same time and we now have Kimber. A run of the mill pre-64 Winchester just isn't as big of a deal as they used to be. I'd rather have a 1990's Winchester Classic with CRF than a common 1950's or 60's pre-64. The ones made prior to the war or some in rare configurations or chambered in odd cartridges have a lot of collector interest and value. But most of the ones made in the 50's or later in 30-06 or 270 are just 60 year old rifles to me and they don't command the prices they used to.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Poconojack

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^smile

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
OP...TROLL

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Let's start ignoring this guy until he grows up a bit.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by gunner500

I was looking at some targets yesterday from the old 375 I sold you, maybe I should post them. That would explain a lot about why a pre 64 is so valuable. That's just a small part of why they are so desirable though. Back in those days they were hand assembled with care and every one of them left the factory in 100% operating condition. Not like some of these jokes of rifles being made today, that leave the assembly line and have numerous problems that the buyer has to worry about. The pre 64's were built with the user in mind. They were made for hunting in every kind of situation and continent for every type of game animal. They are dependable, they are accurate, they are one of the very few rifles that I'd trust my life with.... Like when you went to Africa. Probably no hiccups of any kind with the old 375.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D

BIngo...!

'Nuf said...

DF

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

nicely put//

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by gunner500

I was looking at some targets yesterday from the old 375 I sold you, maybe I should post them. That would explain a lot about why a pre 64 is so valuable. That's just a small part of why they are so desirable though. Back in those days they were hand assembled with care and every one of them left the factory in 100% operating condition. Not like some of these jokes of rifles being made today, that leave the assembly line and have numerous problems that the buyer has to worry about. The pre 64's were built with the user in mind. They were made for hunting in every kind of situation and continent for every type of game animal. They are dependable, they are accurate, they are one of the very few rifles that I'd trust my life with.... Like when you went to Africa. Probably no hiccups of any kind with the old 375.

You bet Buddy, post em up, one of the first things I noticed about that rifle after bore sighting and getting on paper, HOLY SHEET! I cant believe BSA sold a rifle that shot so well, 300gr partitions, and a-frames, as well as 300gr bbw #13 solids, they all were accurate, no animal in Africa required a second hit, and to this day, not one single hiccup, that old rifle wears a gloss 1.5-5 in QD rings, it's like lunchmeat, ALWAYS ready , ] smile

Trump Won!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by McInnis

Already done. Had to read the responses just to get a clue about what he was saying. Glad I didn’t unhide his original post

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by cotis
Originally Posted by McInnis

Already done. Had to read the responses just to get a clue about what he was saying. Glad I didn’t unhide his original post

Not sure if he's grasping, searching or trolling...

Maybe a combo..?

DF

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O

Originally Posted by cv540
I tried understanding op but my head started to throb and I felt like I needed a shot bourbon. Good luck. Im outa here.

Now I remember why I have him on ignore....

Ted
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The original post was 6 weeks ago and the poster hasn't returned........

The math is pretty well done for ya.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Straight to Ignore the ignorant troll goes. There, done!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1OntarioJim, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 1_deuce, 22kHornet, 224th, 50 invisible), 2,060 guests, and 1,143 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,069
Posts18,463,542
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.