Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Both my sons and I all have the wildpeak AT3's and have had great luck with them. There may be better tires out there, but for the price I'm not sure they can be beat. They've been great in winter as well as off road and are fairly quit. My oldest son and I both have tacos and the other son a 4Runner.

GB2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well you might look at Hancook Dynapro's also. My work truck came with them, they are highway tires that get me around ok in the winter. The ones on the front are the originals with 66,000 miles and not even close to the safety bars. A good friend found some Hancook off road tires at Wallyworld for his Doge Dakota mounted and balanced for less than $600(all 4) you might check them out. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Hudge Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Well you might look at Hancook Dynapro's also. My work truck came with them, they are highway tires that get me around ok in the winter. The ones on the front are the originals with 66,000 miles and not even close to the safety bars. A good friend found some Hancook off road tires at Wallyworld for his Doge Dakota mounted and balanced for less than $600(all 4) you might check them out. MB

Alaska Wal-Marts do not have tire centers in them. You can see on some that maybe at one time they did, or they build them to, but never installed them. Also, ordering from some place like tirerack.com is not really an option either. I'll look around when I get home, as in tow more days the truck is going in the garage since the oldest son that has been driving it the last three weeks goes to Army Basic Training.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I also went with the Wildpeaks on my Tundra. I got the P version in 275/65 18. I typically buy Cooper's but was really watching my $$. I ended up seeing them on the Walmart website for $160. Never bought tires at Walmart so was hesitant. Put them in my cart and closed the PC. Next day I come back and they are still in my cart but at $143 a tire. Decided to pull the trigger. Sent direct to my local Walmart so with the mounting and balance came to $156 per tire plus tax. That includes lifetime rotation and balancing. I will say the Walmart employees had a hard time balancing them at first but finally figured it out. I was worried the agressive tread would hurt MPG. I just got back from a short trip to the beach with them. Computer was at 18.1 MPG and I hand calculated 18.2 MPG. Will add it was a very favorable 350 miles. Very little hills and mild interstate with lots of 67 mph driving. Tires are not too loud at all and look way better than the stock highway tires. They may not last 60k miles but for $624 for the set I am OK with that.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Can't believe no one has mentioned the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. My previous 3-4 sets of tires have been MT/s but I was getting a little tired of the noise and vibration so I went with the Ridge Grappler based on reading tons of good reviews. So glad I did. They are a E load range tire so they do have a stiffer ride than a factory tire but not as bad as a MT. I think they are combination of offroad when you need it but road manners otherwise. Keep in mind I don't drive in deep mud or snow. I currently have 39K on mine and as surprising as it sounds they still appear to have about half the tread left on them or maybe a hair more. I will try to take a pic of them this afternoon to show how they are wearing. I do rotate every 5K.

https://imgur.com/ehyieK6

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
651 members (1234, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 71 invisible), 2,954 guests, and 1,388 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,658
Posts18,399,290
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.