Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Go online to Google or Yahoo, type in"DIGITAL SCALE" in the search box and get about umpteen billion hits...EVERY digital scale imaginable....CHEAP....pick out the one(s) that fit your pistol....OH YEAH...and READ the small print. EVERY digital scale has a range of accuracy...many/most reloaders NEVER BOTHER and quickly blame the scale when the scale is doing what it's designed for, that doesn't conform to what the shooter thinks.

I have a MANY D.S.'s from jewelers to analytical...THEY ALL WORK as long as I stay within the accuracy limits as far as what powder amounts and precision in shooting for.

They ALL cost less than the offerings "relating to reloading".

I ALSO use balance beam scales AND check weights to keep on my toes and make sure the accuracy AND precision are within limits.

If you want to know about "SCALES" you need to go to the net and read up on "digital scales"...a reloading forum won't give you that "TRUE" information, just what they "think" is true and what their favorite" toy is.

Good Luck

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I got the Pact digital scale and their electronic dispenser from Midway back in the 1997-98 span and they have given me good service. I follow the instructions and use their calibration process exactly as they said, resulting in 20+ years of accurate and fast dispensing and measurement. I presume that sometime in the future there will come a problem, but it appears to have been a good investment.

I do have a couple of very good powder measures that I can trust if I am willing to use a scale for verification, and the cheap Frankford or National Metallic does that chore without the calibration routine. Check weight at 20, tare the pan/funnel and go to work. That is OK for 10 or 15 rounds, but more than 20 means the Pact Team gets a brief workout. Prairie dogs get the benefit of hundreds of rounds of uniformly charged ammo, all with a couple of pushes of buttons.

My hands are not as steady as they uster be.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
741 members (10gaugemag, 222ND, 222Sako, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 79 invisible), 2,706 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,626
Posts18,398,690
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.