Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Muffin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
2022 new cars shall be electronically gelded, forced by software to obey to every speed limit, all the time. GFY!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
2022 new cars shall be electronically gelded, forced by software to obey to every speed limit, all the time. GFY!

That would really work out well in an emergency situation, right?

Like trying to outrun a fire, or tornado, or bad guys shooting at you... Or having to rush a loved one to the emergency room.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Great news!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Several years ago, Idaho passed a law allowing you to go up to 15 mph over the limit while passing on a 2 lane road. It's been a big help, especially on winding roads. Limiting cars to the speed limit would just recreate the problems we had before.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
1979 ford trucks here I come.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Like trying to outrun a fire, or tornado, or bad guys shooting at you... Or having to rush a loved one to the emergency room.

That’s quite a stretch there. Lmao!

Camp is where you make it.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Isn't technology great???

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
They might do it in the EU but the US won’t adopt it any time soon. Speeding tickets are a multi billion dollar industry in the US,, there’s no way that all the various state and local governments will allow the adoption of technology that shuts down that cash stream.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
See my sig line! frown

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
3/4's of the small towns in La. would go bankrupt if everyone obeyed the speed limits.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
They might do it in the EU but the US won’t adopt it any time soon. Speeding tickets are a multi billion dollar industry in the US,, there’s no way that all the various state and local governments will allow the adoption of technology that shuts down that cash stream.

That's food for thought.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tzone

That’s quite a stretch there. Lmao!

What's a stretch?

That someone may have a need, or want to drive over the posted speed limit?

GMAFB.

How about we retro fit older vehicles with something that limits them? Say JEEPS for instance... Something that would limit the rpm's to say 1500. Or shut them totally off if it's detected that they are not operating on a paved road.

It's about control and loss of freedom.

If anyone is "for" govt controlling every single aspect of your lives... raise your hands.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I think we have similar here....it only makes sense. But, when it come to the safety, environmental, green peace, Sierra club types...
“Sence” does not enter the equation! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Fargin' Marxist/Commies are salivating at the prospect of exerting ever more control over the population. They've wormed their way into every aspect of our lives and when I think they couldn't possibly think of anything else to ruin, they always find a new way to try and screw us over. It really is amazing.

I absolutely loath the fact that the EPA and the mandated CAFE standards have resulted in the abysmal Stop/Start "technology," and Cylinder Deactivation "technology," which only serve to hamper performance and increase wear and maintenance expenses, not to mention the addition of complex vehicle CPUs and all the related nightmarish maintenance problems asscoiated with this "technology." The EPA emission controls have seriously hampered the performance, mileage and reliability of diesels, and now were facing the eventual mandating of autonomous vehicles. The fargin' bastards will never stop trying to exert their control over the individual. Something has got to give.

Last edited by High_Noon; 03/31/19.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Very good point. And the automakers wouldn't choose to do this on their own. I work for one of the Big 3 and there is no talk of anything like this.

But with the upcoming of self driving cars, yes those will abide by posted limits.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

They would make it so they just send the ticket in the mail...

Much cheaper than paying cops...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
New cottage industry - un-geld cars.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They would make it so they just send the ticket in the mail...

Much cheaper than paying cops...

They're already doing that with red light cameras, etc. Never mind that it violates our 6th Amendment rights. But when has the constitution ever gotten in the way of the Marxists and their orgasmic oppression?

Last edited by High_Noon; 03/31/19.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

My current diesel Hilux pulls 170 kph, guess it will be my last new vehicle.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 222ND, 257 mag, 2003and2013, 68 invisible), 2,508 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,200
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.